• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Apr 7, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #856 of 7,693
I bit at $269. I think it should at least match the competition in the $400 and below range, based on my experience with three sets of Audeze cans. The wireless tech and the strange locational tech just make it interesting. At this price I don't see how I could go wrong. If I don't like it I have little doubt I could sell it for what I paid for it down the road.

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #859 of 7,693
I bet all the money in my pockets against all the money in your pockets that you can't.

Regardless of that he wouldn’t have Audeze’s proprietary planar magnetic technology, all of which is in Mobius. Tuning in a bubble only goes so far.

If these sound how I expect I for one will be very fond of the Mobius.

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #860 of 7,693
There's having a similar tonal balance, and there's having a sound similar to something else. You can't make a $15 sound like an LCD. Frequency is just one part of the equation. You can say an HD650 has a similar tonal balance to the LCD2, yet there's no argument that they are two very different beasts.

Apr 8, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #861 of 7,693
sorry if this has been asked but is Aptx HD in the cards or just Ldac?

looks like it isn't, no matter I just backed the campaign for $269

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #862 of 7,693
Can jam impressions over on /r/headphones don't seem very favorable at all. They seem to be very lacking in musicality and they're considered pretty v-shaped. Hopefully some more impressions come out in the next few days so I know if I should cancel or not. It's not like I really need this headphone tbh.. :D

Apr 8, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #863 of 7,693
Personally, I'm after the focus that the headtracking will hopefully bring.

Have got other headphones for the "musicality"

Have been chasing a decent VSS that actually works for me for many years and many $xxx's

If the Mobius works for me then it's money very well spent

If it doesn't then it just adds to the well of broken dreams.

If the headphone isn't going to fill a spot you're looking to be filled - definitely cancel.

Apr 8, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #865 of 7,693
Personally, I'm after the focus that the headtracking will hopefully bring.

Have got other headphones for the "musicality"

Have been chasing a decent VSS that actually works for me for many years and many $xxx's

If the Mobius works for me then it's money very well spent

If it doesn't then it just adds to the well of broken dreams.

If the headphone isn't going to fill a spot you're looking to be filled - definitely cancel.

I'm also interested in that. We shall see. Even without it though. I think they'll be killer portable phones. Just have some 1more triples for portable at the moment. They're really just okay. The bass is soupy. Not very exciting...but not totally boring.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #866 of 7,693
Yeah/nah - anyone who's planning on walking around with these on in public as portable headphones are fooling themselves.

They are a solution, not an endgame

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #868 of 7,693
Apr 8, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #870 of 7,693
I have zero issues with the design.

If I was in public though - the wide/extended cups/pads and the colour accents wouldn't be what I'd choose to take with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back