• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Apr 6, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #841 of 7,693
You guys think the Mobius will sound better than the Sine? Everything I’ve read indicates it will, and a wireless over-ear Sine with larger drivers sounds awesome.

Also cool Audeze picked up on the copper/gold trend. Can hardly wait till June even though we’re (hopefully) only 2-3 months away from the launch.

It should definitely be possible given the sine only cost $50 more new and are 2 years older.

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #845 of 7,693
MGIzsUblTvbY-CKdm93H4GrvINPMsS20iI-TpwhNqoAdBNbyExEM23iB_tE_YSGmyHrBynae5fhVU0N9vmnrkHgQOsbZBaNCgNP_FNnGKaVQSnVzZTTcjPwv3KZA9ftcxsqd1YQ4E1Wh-TTs74qECIHf5dqgm7pWj0AwHNOHkpKWC2WK=s0-d-e1-ft

I know a couple of people going EGX Rezzed, so can ask for them to check out the Mobius

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #846 of 7,693
It should definitely be possible given the sine only cost $50 more new and are 2 years older.

This again.... Could we please keep completely unwarranted speculations as to the qualities of Mobius being a higher tier killer of Audeze's own products to a minimum(or ourselves)?

In contrast to what MICHAELSD says I've not yet seen anything that even remotely suggests that mobius is punching above its weightline and I find that notion rather ridiculous tbh.
Not only is Mobius (still!) obtainable for under 300(not even € or £ but...)$ making it over 300 bucks cheaper atm. than the iSine, the latter also brings far less features and therefore less baggage that has to be paid for.

I think we should be extremely lucky (and proud of Audeze) if the Mobius manages to outperform.... say a dt880 or hd600/650.
I don't even think that's a given all things considered (closed, loaded with "gaming" features, active only/not able to benefit from other audio equipement etc).

We have not yet heard a completely unbiased opinion. (No offense MLE)
At least wait for the first reports from "other people".

Please don't get this the wrong way. I just want to save young(?) or naive impulse buyers the dissapointment of literally reading too much into this product because of comments like this.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #847 of 7,693
This again.... Could we please keep completely unwarranted speculations as to the qualities of Mobius being a higher tier killer of Audeze's own products to a minimum(or ourselves)?

Hehehe. "Welcome to HeadFi".

Prerelease threads are ALWAYS full of rampant speculation, prognostication, and wishing. It's the nature of the beast.

Apr 7, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #848 of 7,693

In contrast to what MICHAELSD says I've not yet seen anything that even remotely suggests that mobius is punching above its weightline and I find that notion rather ridiculous tbh.
Not only is Mobius (still!) obtainable for under 300(not even € or £ but...)$ making it over 300 bucks cheaper atm. than the iSine, the latter also brings far less features and therefore less baggage that has to be paid for.

Not just speculation, Audeze has stated it’s a closed-back Audeze headphone up to par with other closed-back Audeze headphones with all the extra features turned off. Maybe even better than the Sine or EL-8 since it’s tuned like the LCD series. Again, it’s closed-back so it will still be quite different but it has all the technologies from their their more expensive headphones.

In the $400 range, I’m sure they will be a great value. Not necessarily up to par with actual LCD series headphones but I applaud Audeze for not purposely holding back the audio quality of Mobius as some other brands do with their gaming headsets.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #849 of 7,693
Hehehe. "Welcome to HeadFi".

Prerelease threads are ALWAYS full of rampant speculation, prognostication, and wishing. It's the nature of the beast.

I know. This isn't my first rodeo(or account) over here. Though usually active in the German Forums only.
Thing is: Head-Fi is a "go to" forum for audiophiliacs-to be and I have heard many ... somber stories over the years because of rampant hypes with little to no ground to stand on that gripped the unsuspecting victim.

Why not agree to make head-fi a little less... over-the-top instead of being content with the status quo?:beerchug:

Not just speculation, Audeze has stated it’s a closed-back Audeze headphone up to par with other closed-back Audeze headphones with all the extra features turned off. Maybe even better than the Sine or EL-8 since it’s tuned like the LCD series. Again, it’s closed-back so it will still be quite different but it has all the technologies from their their more expensive headphones.

Audeze is a company that wants to sell products. That isn't a source, it's advertisement.
And I'll be shocked to find an actual quote from Audeze saying it might be better than far more expensive and relatively new gear from their own lineup.

Closed is closed, you cannot cheat physics. Tuned to sound like lcd-x means nothing, just that their tonality is similar. I could tune 15$ headsets to sound "similar" in tonality to an lcd-x.

Audeze has actually warned you all to make unreasonable assumptions in the comment that you are referring to but some of you took that completely the wrong way as it seems.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #850 of 7,693
Bottom line is that it will be among the best-sounding wireless headphones. It remains to be seen how the sound will compare to Audeze’s other offerings but there aren’t a lot of great wireless headphones on the market and this could fit in that category.

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #851 of 7,693

I think we should be extremely lucky (and proud of Audeze) if the Mobius manages to outperform.... say a dt880 or hd600/650.
I don't even think that's a given all things considered (closed, loaded with "gaming" features, active only/not able to benefit from other audio equipement etc).

We have not yet heard a completely unbiased opinion. (No offense MLE)
At least wait for the first reports from "other people".

Please don't get this the wrong way. I just want to save young(?) or naive impulse buyers the dissapointment of literally reading too much into this product because of comments like this.

Have you read this entire thread? Including the people who layed hands on and reviewed the preproduction models? The Sine is a higher build quality, designed by a BMW company with a cipher cable to target the audiophile with iPhone niche (of course others are welcome.) It has smaller drivers. Was designed a while ago now.

The Mobius has 100mm drivers. The latest thinnest film. Fazers.... It's tuned with dsp to sound something like the lcd series. It's closed back. It's active only, has an all plastic build.

I don't think Audeze is messing around here. It's also smartly designed to be a very different product that won't make it an either or for people who can afford to buy the lcd line.

It also is their first real attempt to hit a much wider demagraphic than ever before. I think they're bringing their A game for this.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #852 of 7,693
Yes closed back is not open back. Active means that it won't play the same with an external dac and amp and it certainly doesn't have audiohile looks.

But negligible destortion. Full on audeze 100mm driver tech and tuned so that Jude hopes the production model stays the same and says sounds like a closed back Lcd series tuning......sounds pretty good to me

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #853 of 7,693
Yup, Audeze was smart and isn’t holding back with Mobius. They incorporated all their newest driver technologies, active tuning similar to LCD series, etc. It won’t sound the same as the LCD-X but it is also unlikely that it is going to disappoint.

Apr 7, 2018 at 6:31 PM Post #854 of 7,693
Why not agree to make head-fi a little less... over-the-top instead of being content with the status quo?:beerchug:

Audeze has actually warned you all to make unreasonable assumptions in the comment that you are referring to but some of you took that completely the wrong way as it seems.

Lecturing really isn't necessary... nor appreciated, Debbie Downer.

New releases always involve some hype, and like it or not it adds to the mood and excitement. Tests, measurements, and reviews will come in time... and in spades.

In short, to quote the great Sergeant Hulka:

1224823d1501519578-ot-resale-value-who-cares-954c7ed5-6c31-44a5-bb99-29323029abd8_zps3oirtjgx.png

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #855 of 7,693
This is the same driver type that goes into the LCD line.

The DSP is almost certainly like what’s found in the Audeze Cipher. They even call it Cipher on board.

You can’t beat physics and/or signal chains. This will sound like a closed back wireless Audeze with the same driver guts they’re known for and probably is similar to using the Cipher in the Sine/iSine in that it’s optimized and the timbre is right but you can’t improve it with upstream high end sources. It’ll be a middling source. But that doesn’t stop people from loving Cipher cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back