1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze Mobius Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Mar 14, 2018.
?

Are You Team Blue or Team Copper?

1. I'm Team Blue

108 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. I'm Team Copper

283 vote(s)
    68.4%
  3. I Chose Both

23 vote(s)
    5.6%
First

Back
480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489
491 492 493 494 495 496
Next

Last
  1. headitaly
    I came to the conclusion that mobius for music is too tiring, and hard to listen to, I like a softer musicality. in the movies, however, he has no rivals

2. Zenvota
    What eq preset were you using, and what source were you using to listen?

headitaly likes this.
  3. headitaly

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  4. headitaly
    preset: default / music but more often default, 3d auto always active. source: imac-iphone .... I'm starting to wonder if maybe the "gaming headset" factor is a complication in using these headphones for movies and music. because I repeat: I am not a gamer

5. Vitandus
    Buddy bought the Mobius based on my recommendation and he’s been happy as hell. One of us!

As far as music being tiring, thats interesting. Try another source app.

jude likes this.
  6. foreverzer0
    Have you tried the warm preset? That should soften things up and puts a figurative warm wet towel between you and the music :) it's too soft for me though, I prefer the default.

7. Zenvota
    Sounds like the default curve is a little bright for you. It is for me ;] Like @foreverzer0 said, try the Warm preset. If that's not to your liking, it's not really to mine either Dx use a separate equalizer. I can't advise on what to use for iOS, for Android I use USB Audio Player Pro.
    Screenshot_20190312-180615_USB Audio Player PRO.jpg

Most importantly it just consists of reducing ~3.5khz down by about 5db. This will make music much less fatiguing and more enjoyable for you. If you feel like trying it, changing the pads can smooth treble a bit too, while expanding the soundstage further and improving imaging a bit. more comfortable as well, but a little involved ;]

8. headitaly

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  9. headitaly

176/5000
    Thank you all for the answers!
    nevertheless I will keep mobius that in the movies is unbeatable, a cinema!
    I don't see the hot preset ... Do I need to upgrade the firmware?

10. Zenvota
    eh?

11. headitaly
    I don't know how it came out!

I can't find "warm", do I need to update the firmware? now I have the qc35II that I have to give back to amazon, these have a sweeter sound with music, but I won't keep them because in the movies mobius wins, and in the music it's just less sweet and more tiring (vs qc35II), but I trust in "warm ": D

12. Zenvota
    Ya, the Warm Preset is in the firmware update. The Mobius can have a balanced or even darker sound, just takes some tinkering.

headitaly likes this.
  13. headitaly
    okay thanks then I update, because I repeat, apart from the "hardness" of the signature, it is the best headset I have ever tried, far superior to Oppo's PM-3 (also planar magnetic) .... I have a question: on the audeze website, in the "applications section" mobius falls into most of the use cases except for "studio / pro audio" so audeze does not indicate them for music?

14. Zenvota
    Studio / prostudio generally indicates recording/design, either music, games, or movies. Intended uses of the Mobius are games, movies... and music =p Prefered sound signatures vary wildly, from a dark audioquest nightowl, to a bright airy akg k1000, to a boomy bassy pos vmoda(ya i said it), to a reference shure535.

headitaly likes this.
  15. headitaly
    I just updated the firmware, but i’m puzzled because the procedure did not end with a "process completed with success", but I had to disconnect the headphones from the PC after about 1 hour. but apparently seems to have been successful, the sound seems more open, and there is the aforementioned "warm", the only "defect", is that it seems a volume a little less powerful

First

Back
480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489
491 492 493 494 495 496
Next

Last