• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 21, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #5,356 of 7,693
Interesting that they would ship on the 16th, and still be held up in customs on the 21st or 22nd.

I haven't dealt much with Chinese customs, but working for a 3PL myself...everything we ship is expected to clear customs the same day we ship it out of our warehouse. That would be US customs majority of the time, and importing into other countries, I don't have much experience with exporting from China to here.

It took about a week for my mobius to clear customs and move .

Aug 21, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #5,357 of 7,693
Interesting that they would ship on the 16th, and still be held up in customs on the 21st or 22nd.

I haven't dealt much with Chinese customs, but working for a 3PL myself...everything we ship is expected to clear customs the same day we ship it out of our warehouse. That would be US customs majority of the time, and importing into other countries, I don't have much experience with exporting from China to here.

I dont know how accurate AliExpress package tracking is, but almost everything I've ever bought on there has taken the longest time at Chinese customs and not US customs in SF where my stuff usually goes through on the west coast.

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #5,359 of 7,693
This thread is so wild lol. You know is crazy when I want to go back to the Utopia thread...

Am I the only one that is just excited for it to show up, and looking forward for that moment??
No, I'm sure there's a lot of us, we just don't post. I purchased as a non indigogo backer so I wasn't expecting to see these until sometime in September. I'm excited, but these will be primarily for gaming, I have other headphones for my everyday listening. I'm more hyped about having these for the Fallout 4 Miami mod so I'm good.

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:31 AM Post #5,360 of 7,693
No, I'm sure there's a lot of us, we just don't post. I purchased as a non indigogo backer so I wasn't expecting to see these until sometime in September. I'm excited, but these will be primarily for gaming, I have other headphones for my everyday listening. I'm more hyped about having these for the Fallout 4 Miami mod so I'm good.
hey is that a real thing?? (Miami mod) I saw that the other day and thought it was just a joke.... send me a pm if you have the time about this.

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #5,361 of 7,693

At this point indegogo backers like myself are going to be lucky to see these sometime in September :wink:

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #5,362 of 7,693
To quote audeze, bold my emphasis:

"We are in the business of making the best headphones on the planet. We want our users to be completely satisfied with their purchase. We will certainly fix this issue. The new solution seems to be the right direction to proceed. (There are additional fixes on top of what we are testing). The fix includes a firmware fix and a hardware change. Fortunately, the fix is minor and does not require re-certification. We will improve the noise floor further to make it imperceptible."

So audeze set the expectation there. That said I'm sure they will be perfectly acceptable with a much reduced hiss and I will keep and love my pair. Still, audeze maybe needs to not write checks they can't cash. With the above statement in bold it is completely reasonable to expect an imperceptible noise floor because, well audeze said it.

Again, I don't need silence, the original hiss was just too much and audeze is doing a great job fixing it. Cut by half I'd be perfectly happy. It's just worth pointing out they said it would be imperceptible.

I have to agree with you 100% here, they need to stop making false claims and just be honest about their product, if the hiss was so far reduced and it improved the sound overall because of said reduction that is great... but don't lie to us and say you won't even be able to hear a hiss... think before you speak...

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 22, 2018 at 5:33 AM Post #5,363 of 7,693
We have not shipped any units to any dealers or distributors. I doubt anyone has them in stock. We shipped a few preproduction units for demos in early May to dealers. No production units have been shipped to them. If they claim they have it in stock, it is not true or they are confused.

We will full-fill all IGG orders first, then go to direct orders on our site and then we will start fulfilling other orders.

Once we ship the units, the 3PL is handling the customs clearance and we do not have great visibility till it moves to Hongkong. Once we have definite information, we will post on it. At this time, we think people will start receiving their tracking numbers tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 22, 2018 at 5:36 AM Post #5,364 of 7,693
We have not shipped any units to any dealers or distributors. I doubt anyone has them in stock. We shipped a few preproduction units for demos in early May to dealers. No production units have been shipped to them. If they claim they have it in stock, it is not true or they are confused.

We will full-fill all IGG orders first, then go to direct orders on our site and then we will start fulfilling other orders.

Once we ship the units, the 3PL is handling the customs clearance and we do not have great visibility till it moves to Hongkong. Once we have definite information, we will post on it. At this time, we think people will start receiving their tracking numbers tomorrow.[/USER]

It is possible they got some of the hissy units and just backed around 20 of them, in which case, they probably going to have some returns to their store if they do sell any of that stock, I am pretty sure it is impossible for them to have the fixed units.

Thank you for the reply. You might want to contact amp3 and let them know the units they are selling need to be fixed before they are sold.[/USER]

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #5,365 of 7,693
Just checking, is this sarcasm? You have described almost every other headphone that Audeze makes... I can't tell if this is a joke or not lol.
Those other headphones are designed & made for music; Mobius is designed & made for gaming, which is what I would like to see a higher quality implementation of in the future. No sarcasm. And I'm not saying Mobius is poor quality, necessarily. :) It's just not as good as it could be!

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #5,366 of 7,693
It is possible they got some of the hissy units and just backed around 20 of them, in which case, they probably going to have some returns to their store if they do sell any of that stock, I am pretty sure it is impossible for them to have the fixed units.

Thank you for the reply. You might want to contact amp3 and let them know the units they are selling need to be fixed before they are sold.
That is not possible either. No one has received more than 2 units from us and we have not shipped any units to UK except a few demo units to our distributor.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 22, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #5,367 of 7,693
Those other headphones are designed & made for music; Mobius is made for gaming, which is what I would like to see a higher quality implementation of in the future. No sarcasm. And I'm not saying Mobius is poor quality, necessarily. :) It's just not as good as it could be!

I have to disagree with you hear, this is a lot of technology packed in that thing for only $250. Also, probably the first headphone in the world to run native type c to type c when in wired mode (type c has a lower noise flower than another USB methods and better quality control inherent in its design, smart move by Audeze and prob cost them a decent amount of RND engineering to pull off), for $250 i think its a good deal

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:39 AM Post #5,368 of 7,693
That is not possible either. No one has received more than 2 units from us and we have not shipped any units to UK except a few demo units to our distributor.

wow... they are either straight up liars, or they got some back channel chinese friends doing shady stuff... lol

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #5,369 of 7,693
wow... they are either straight up liars, or they got some back channel chinese friends doing shady stuff... lol
It is not that sinister. Probably the front desk person is confused or their inventory system might be messed up.
@caenlenfromOCN Can you check your PM.

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #5,370 of 7,693
Hi all,

There must be an error here. I can echo Audeze's comment above, no retailer in the UK has stock of Mobius yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back