• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #5,326 of 7,693
Hopefully they will make a better sounding, non-wireless, passive version with better materials, where we can use our own amps. ^ ^

That would defeat the whole purpose of Mobius, the wireless is just an add-on. The whole thing was designed around the 3d and head tracking which requires it to be an active headphone. There is no way for it to be passive and have those features. If you want a premium passive headphone with better materials, that’s all the other headphones Audeze makes. Get an LCD, you won’t regret it.

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #5,327 of 7,693
which requires it to be an active headphone
Isn't that just where the _power_ comes from, tho..? Leave the circuit boards in the headphone; remove the batteries, and now power it with any compatible amp. Or power cable, I dunno. I guess they would have to make a separate Mobius amp for it, with all the tech stuff in there.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #5,328 of 7,693
Isn't that just where the _power_ comes from, tho..? Leave the circuit boards in the headphone; remove the batteries, and now power it with any compatible amp.

Do you want to run analog wires out of Mobius's DAC and into your external amplifier than back into Mobius?

I'm quite confused at what you want it to do, there is a lot more in Mobius's electronics than a battery and amp to power them.

All of the 3d processing is done directly on-board Mobius, not through software on the computer-console side, there is no way to get all of Mobius's features and be passive with an external amp, unless you had a separate box with all of Mobius's electronics inside it to plug your amp into. Which would be a lot more complex and expensive. If you don't wan't Mobius's 3d features and you don't want it to be wireless, than why would you get it, there are so many other options.

Edit: Now that I think about it more, a break-out box with Mobius's electronics in it wouldn't be very good either, because of the head-tracking sensors, for latency, you would need a USB cable going from the break-out box to Mobius and a cable to your external amp, then a cable from your external amp to Mobius. Any way you look at it to be able to use your own external amp with Mobius passively and have its 3d features would require many wires going all over the place. Audeze designed it the best way with it being only active with it's own built-in amp.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #5,329 of 7,693
Hopefully they will make a better sounding, non-wireless, passive version with better materials, where we can use our own amps. ^ ^
You could get and LCD series and then if you want head tracking you could by a blue tooth head tracker and user Waves nx. Obviously this limits your source because it has to run externally on an operating system.

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #5,330 of 7,693
As I already mentioned earlier, those who are expecting a noise free fixed version better curb your expectations, as they are NOT noise free. They are considerably REDUCED noise version.

If that bothers you, don't waste your time with the Mobius KNOWING this and STILL complaining that it isn't noise free. When you buy wireless products with so much internal circuitry, you run the risk of having to deal with SOME noise.

So get that out of your heads. THIS IS NOT COMPLETELY NOISE FREE.

The fixed version has minor background noise, but compared to the hissy version, is very, VERY tolerable in comparison. I'll let Audeze give the details when they're well and ready as it is not my place to discuss about what was done, what could have been done, and what have you.
even stax desktop amp has noise. get real, folks.

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:02 PM Post #5,331 of 7,693
I'm quite confused at what you want it to do, there is a lot more in Mobius's electronics than a battery and amp to power them.

All of the 3d processing is done directly on-board Mobius
Right, so if you just separated the power component, everything would still work? And likely have no/less hiss?

I didn't say I don't want the 3D features; I said I wanted a better, higher quality, wired version. I'll be using it wired, though.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #5,332 of 7,693
Right, so if you just separated the power component, everything would still work? And likely have no/less hiss?

I didn't say I don't want the 3D features; I said I wanted a better, higher quality, wired version. I'll be using it wired, though.

Yes the higher background noise is most likely from having the amp with so many other electronics compacted into Mobius, but do you want three wires going into Mobius?

The way you sound like you want it would require the USB-C from the source into Mobius than say a 3.5mm to RCA cable out to your external amp and then another 3.5mm cable from your amp back into Mobius.

Edit: The hiss is now fixed, maybe added more shielding, someone with the fixed version said something about a possible gain change, IDK why we are still talking about this?

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #5,333 of 7,693
The way you sound like you want it would require the USB-C from the source into Mobius than say a 3.5mm to RCA cable out to your external amp and then another 3.5mm cable from your amp back into Mobius.
Can't we keep the amp in, but remove the batteries(power source)? 2 cables; one for power, one for audio(could probably be kept together). Eh, I give up lol.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #5,334 of 7,693
People like to bring up that there are noise free wireless headphones. That's great. Get one of those. But guess what? They don't have ALL of the features the Mobius has, and for the price range.

I'm sure if Audeze could just focus on JUST the wireless portion and turn that into its own headphone, and they can design a noise free model. But this is a jack of many trades product. There is only so much they can do in the space afforded to this design.

I'm sure they could add much more expensive internals and in the end the end user has to foot the bill in the final price.

Be a little more realistic.

There are plenty of higher end products like previously mentioned Stax amps that have noise. Hell, the $1000 koss electrostatic has a distinct hum. You can't tell ANYONE that it ain't a high end headphone.

Sometimes things happen. The Mobius is a hell of a product even with the little noise it has. You want better? Get something else. But you ain't gonna have all these features, I assure you.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #5,335 of 7,693
Can't we keep the amp in, but remove the batteries(power source)? 2 cables; one for power, one for audio. Eh, I give up lol.

You could do that but you would always need a USB-C cable plugged into it to power it, even if only using AUX. You still would not be able to use an external amp, and I doubt the battery is causing the background noise, all the electronic components are still compacted in there, instead of out in nice separate isolated boxes that's why active headphones have a higher background noise than passive ones.

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #5,336 of 7,693
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #5,337 of 7,693
You would say those are the pads of a high-end headphone?
Hell no. I hate those pads. Lol. But despite those questionable choices, it's still a stellar product and their highest end.

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #5,338 of 7,693
I doubt the battery is causing the background noise
Well, if you remove the wireless parts and the battery, then we'll see how it sounds. ^ ^ It would make a less complicated product, that they could ship more of, and faster! ;p

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #5,339 of 7,693
You want better? Get something else. But you don't gonna have all these features, I assure you.

Well said. Thanks for putting that out.

And to Audeze, When are you going to start shipping the items out to the buyers? It is almost one week past your much delayed scheduled date of shipping and not heard anybody receive their tracking number email yet. And this is for the initial tier folks. And God only knows when we folks in the later tiers will get it.

Seems to be a Thanksgiving or Christmas present by the looks of it.

I'm fine with that delay as long as you (Audeze) come out and say that it is going to take a longer time. Instead of the B.S a.k.a your supposed shipping schedule!

Aug 21, 2018 at 9:35 PM Post #5,340 of 7,693
Would people here agree that the Mobius is the sum of its parts and not just ONE particular thing? They set out to make a headphone that does so many things, and with a price range in mind.

You can make a noise free, wireless Headphone that will probably cost just as much as the Mobius. No other features.

You can make a wired headphone that costs this much and sound better. But you lose all the other features.

You can make a headtracking only headphone that probably costs this much, but lacks the other functions.

But all of that and STILL keep this price point? Come on now. You're getting so much here. That's what surprises me. You get all this, and it sounds THIS good, and people still wouldn't be happy. They want it to sound like a wired headphone with all these bells and whistles, all for a cheap cost (relative to its feature set).

You seriously just need to be more realistic.

Hell I still have my complaints like the presets and 3D always resetting. It ain't perfect . But even with these annoyances, I still think it's so much you're getting that far outweigh whatever issues it has.

But that's just me, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back