• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Aug 15, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #4,921 of 7,693
Ok, so I found out that it was my USB hub that for some reason would make the microphone not pick up my voice anywhere near as good as it's supposed toi. I switched inputs to its own usb port, so here is the test.

Notes: It sounds nasally compared to the good analog headsets tested, likely due to more voice compression to lower ambient noises. If you wanna compre to some others, just click on my soundcloud page. It's nothing but mic tests of various headsets.

WARNING: AFTER IT FINISHES, BE WARY OF THE SONG THAT AUTO PLAYS. FOR SOME REASON IT IS LOUD.

It sounds hella clear to me.

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #4,922 of 7,693
It sounds hella clear to me.
Yeah, it's really good quality. The tonality of my voice is off due to compression, but other than that, there is nothing to complain about.

One thing to note is that outgoing mic volume and mic monitoring are both tied together, so if you wanna hear your voice more clearly, it will also raise your voice to everyone else.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #4,924 of 7,693
but I could honestly care less.

Yep - doubt I'll even plug it in.

Am tipping it'll work at least as good as the majority of the other ones people use while gaming.

Phonecalls etc I'd be more worried about how I'd look walking around (or on a train) with the headset on and chatting than how it'd sound.

Podcast/streaming etc - none use a headset mic

It's an awesome inclusion - will use it when it/if makes sense, but isn't a thought for me.

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #4,925 of 7,693
Considering I have owned a cheap $2 mic for many years now and it got me through just fine, the mic on the Mobius is way more than enough. And like you guys, I don't really ever use mics to begin with. All this time of having the Mobius at home, today was the first time I took the mic out of the box.

Even when I play multiplayer games, I don't even talk.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #4,927 of 7,693
Mic sounds fine to me, I doubt ti sounds as good as my $25 Massdrop ModMic, but I could honestly care less. I never use mic in multiplayer games, I got tired of 13 year olds screaming profanities around 17 years ago.
Here, here.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #4,929 of 7,693
The latency is noticeable on an iPhone via Bluetooth and they both utilize iOS. Experience breaking for video via Bluetooth. I’ve heard from others that other devices may not experience the same latency but it’s not an issue with the iPhone’s Bluetooth. I’d advise Audeze to test iOS devices to see if they can further optimize the latency.
Thanks. One of the main reasons I got these was for movie watching over Bluetooth/Apple TV and of course playing some games on my iMac, as well as listening to music. If I understand correctly, these will have latency over Bluetooth on Apple TV? Either way not a huge deal, just a bit of a let down if they do.

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #4,930 of 7,693
The mic is actually pretty important to me. I am in a gaming clan I guess you could say(play with the same group most of the time) and I would like a quality increase. I guess that won't happen. Doesn't sound bad or worse but it didn't sound better either. Oh well. I kinda expected that it wouldn't be a priority for audeze to make super nice.

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #4,931 of 7,693
I kinda expected that it wouldn't be a priority for audeze to make super nice.
No headset mics probably are. I hear great things about ModMic 4(better than 5's quality, it seems).

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #4,934 of 7,693
Modmic's are aaaaawful
Compared to..? It beats my old Logitech USB desktop mic, for sure! And how else are you gonna attach a mic to your headphones?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back