• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 16, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #423 of 7,693
So console support for movies and games with surround sound seems to be the most requested feature. However it doesn't seem to be a capability for this model. There are a multitude of ways to connect for 2 channel but PC support seems to be their target market. We'll see if enough feedback get's them to make a console solution but in the meantime we don't have one
First thanks,
so basically this is for PC gaming.
But in the description there states.
"With fully-integrated surround sound functionality, Mobius produces the same awe-inspiring cinematic experience you would find in a theatre. Immerse yourself in your favorite movie. Unplug and listen to music, binge watch Netflix, or rewatch Game of Thrones."
Do they then mean to see these movies on the PC or Stream them to TV, but basically they don't offer more for console players or who look movies by the console then another headphone?

Mar 16, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #424 of 7,693
Guys this is a new arena for Audeze. It goes without saying that sometimes initial products test the waters to prove technologies. It's easiest to start on PC, as there are no licensing fees, etc.

I'm sure down the line in either a newer version of the product or potentially drivers provided to/from Sony/Microsoft if Audeze pays for licensing may allow the capabilities. You guys really shouldn't be upset with Audeze just because this is a PC headset first. If you want those functions, find those workarounds, or be patient for a future where Audeze may branch out to target the console space.

I'm a console gamer first, and I'm more than happy that this product exists. I already have a virtual surround device that I can attach the Mobius to for console games, and if I want wireless, I can just buy one of those 3.5mm to bluetooth transmitters like this (which has 3.5mm or optical which can work with the X7 and WILL carry my X7's virtual surround to it, as it's already been pre-mixed into the 2 channels).

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #425 of 7,693
Guys this is a new arena for Audeze. It goes without saying that sometimes initial products test the waters to prove technologies. It's easiest to start on PC, as there are no licensing fees, etc.

I'm sure down the line in either a newer version of the product or potentially drivers provided to/from Sony/Microsoft if Audeze pays for licensing may allow the capabilities. You guys really shouldn't be upset with Audeze just because this is a PC gaming headset. If you want those functions, find those workarounds, or be patient for a future where Audeze may branch out to target the console space.

I'm a console gamer first, and I'm more than happy that bthis product exists.

As a console gamer myself I’m very interested in this product as well. Like you said even if it was just a Bluetooth planadynamic from Audeze that sounds freaking awesome. The addition of surround sound and HRTF to this can only make it better. I’m planning on seeing how it would combine with Sonic/Atmos on the Xbox where they do the virtualization and it does the HRTF.

Mar 16, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #426 of 7,693
So first thing I need to say is go #teamcopper!

So I’ve been reading this thread since it started and a lot of people seem to have questions about how to use the Mobius with consoles. There have been a lot of great answers and work arounds like the ones provided MLE and Axel, but I might have another option.

I bought Sony’s silver headset specifically to get the usb surround cable that came with it. It transfers surround (which can be turned on/off), chat audio and has buttons on it to control chat to game volume and overall volume. I’ve been using it for about 2 years with my Massdrop x Sennheiser 37x with pretty decent results. The surround and amplification isn’t perfect, but I’m wondering with having the surround provided by the Sony cable and the 3d sound of the Mobius you might have a decent easy work around. Also the Mobius is active so it’s low output power wouldn’t matter. It’s not wireless, but the cable it decently long for those who don’t sit right next to their PS4 like I do.

Mar 16, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #428 of 7,693
How does the Sony USB cable terminate? I don’t think the Mobius can do it’s 5.1/7.1 with anything other than USB-C as an input. Unless the Sony somehow does the process and can be used in a stereo input but you would lose head-tracking.

Mar 16, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #429 of 7,693
I'm a console gamer first, and I'm more than happy that this product exists. I already have a virtual surround device that I can attach the Mobius to for console games, and if I want wireless, I can just buy one of those 3.5mm to bluetooth transmitters like this (which has 3.5mm or optical which can work with the X7 and WILL carry my X7's virtual surround to it, as it's already been pre-mixed into the 2 channels).

I didn't even think of using the X7 like that... Now, the last hurdle is the mic!

Mar 16, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #430 of 7,693
Well the usb cable plugs into the ps4 console, then your headset plugs in through the analog input on the usb cable. It would be doubling up on the surround similar to how it would through the mixamp or X7.

This picture below kind of shows what it looks like.

sony headset.jpg

Mar 16, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #431 of 7,693
Funny a buddy of mine linked me to the Indiegogo page a few days ago. I scoffed at it at first knowing that even the "best" gaming headphones typically fall flat for me. Now that forum-renowned Mad Lust Envy is all in on these I'm interested. I wonder if he could compare to the Sine. I had those for a day and they were the best on-ears I heard. For about a half hour before they broke. My head must have been too wide for the headphones and created a suction effect so whenever I'd tilt my head I'd hear an awful crinkling noise inside the cups. Then something on the headband broke.

If these sound similar to the Sine but more durable, Audeze might...just might...have another backer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back