• I'm Team Blue

Votes: 120 26.6%
  • I'm Team Copper

Votes: 307 68.1%
  • I Chose Both

Votes: 24 5.3%

• Total voters
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #391 of 7,693
My guess is that the bottom line is that you can only access 5.1 and 7.1 if you have a usb port that can be used to send the encoded signal. In most cases this means a Mac or pc as source. Other options would be a device which can extract a surround signal from a different method (HDMI, optical, whatever) and convert it to a compatible signal but since the headphones effectively become an audio device for the computer, this may not be possible due to use of software and drivers.

This is guesswork on my part though, based on this thread. Happy to be corrected!

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. I'm hoping you can be "happy to be corrected"
I don't really game per say and I'd love to pick up a pair of these for later night movie watching. It seems like it would be a waste of money to pick these up as I really don't need any more HP's other then something for home theater.

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #392 of 7,693
I don't agree with you. If your going to spend more than $260 on headsets, your not going to buy cheap batteries.

People who buy expensive phones did/do causing fires :)
That said, I'd prefer them to be replaceable too.

And I'd still like an answer to the BT4.x or BT5 from @Audeze ...read through all 26 pages of this thread and didn't find an answer :frowning2:

Mar 16, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #393 of 7,693
@Audeze would it be possible for you to provide a demo track at some point after release that we could download that will show off the 3D/head tracking features? It would probably be the first thing I'd want to listen to after I receive the headphones.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #394 of 7,693
If this is the case then there has been a hell of a lot of stuff happening in the background that speaks more than the advert.

Means Sony is onboard, or at least ticked off on the project??
Sony licenses LDAC, so any company that wants to use it in their product can do so. Audeze is the first headphone manufacturer I know to license it from Sony. I'm looking forward to testing the final version because my DAP is a Sony NW-ZX300.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #395 of 7,693
Can’t wait to listen to albums mastered and released in surround sound. Listening to A Head Full of Dreams in this manner should be an experience. Also, any live concerts released on Blu-Ray will be incredible since they’ll have a 5.1/7.1 mix.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #396 of 7,693
People who buy expensive phones did/do causing fires :)
That said, I'd prefer them to be replaceable too.

And I'd still like an answer to the BT4.x or BT5 from @Audeze ...read through all 26 pages of this thread and didn't find an answer :frowning2:

They have answered this on the Indiegogo page and it’s 4.2. That isn’t a huge deal for me as the big difference with 5 is an increase in range from I think 50 feet to 200 but with variable transmission rates so you’d still want to be as close as possible to your source.

What worries me a bit is no answer as to where these will be manufactured. At this price point it could easily be China and not US and as long as the QC is good fine but at least let us know what to expect.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #397 of 7,693
They have answered this on the Indiegogo page and it’s 4.2. That isn’t a huge deal for me as the big difference with 5 is an increase in range from I think 50 feet to 200 but with variable transmission rates so you’d still want to be as close as possible to your source.

What worries me a bit is no answer as to where these will be manufactured. At this price point it could easily be China and not US and as long as the QC is good fine but at least let us know what to expect.

I think it's safe to say it is China, otherwise it will be marketed in our faces.

Mar 16, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #399 of 7,693
These are whatever the purchaser sees value in them for. I see them as a wireless replacement for my Sines that might be more comfortable over the ears instead of on ears.

Likewise, I see them as general-purpose headphones that are good for everything and will definitely be used for straight up music playback as well as home theater and some gaming. (I like my SINE too! Wish Audeze had made an android Cipher cable...)

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #400 of 7,693
@AxelCloris, thanks for your response regarding TV USB output and 7.1, look forward to reading your results. If not, is there an HDMI converter that you’d recommend?

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #401 of 7,693

It does say on the Indiegogo page that Audeze handcrafts their headphones in California. I don’t think that’s changed.

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #402 of 7,693
@AxelCloris, thanks for your response regarding TV USB output and 7.1, look forward to reading your results. If not, is there an HDMI converter that you’d recommend?
I don't know of any HDMI to USB converters that are for audio, only video. If there's an HDMI to USB converter that can adapt the HDMI audio signal into a USB multichannel signal I'd order it right now to try.

Mar 16, 2018 at 12:51 PM Post #403 of 7,693
What worries me a bit is no answer as to where these will be manufactured.

Can't remember where, but there was a post that said they started building these in China already, so it's w/o a doubt China.
Audeze can set the QC standards for stuff made there...remember that Apple makes their iOS devices there too and they're mostly fault free (minus the occasional fire and delaminated screen issues :) for such a high volume product..

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #404 of 7,693
I don't know of any HDMI to USB converters that are for audio, only video. If there's an HDMI to USB converter that can adapt the HDMI audio signal into a USB multichannel signal I'd order it right now to try.

The only thing I've been able to come across at this point is using a video capture device, but that's A) rather expensive for the function of simple audio conversion, and B) in my experience with those devices, there's a delay on the PC side of things (in the typical setup) of picture and audio, as the focus is on the passthrough on these devices not adding any lag or delay in moving the signal the rest of the way to the television or monitor.

Mar 16, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #405 of 7,693
Got a little tour of the Audeze facility yesterday when I was in town. Saw the manufacturing area and it was mentioned they were going to adjusting a fair bit around to get ready for automation for the Mobius and then I briefly saw the area where all the Audeze drivers were made. I would say it is probably safe to say the Mobius will be US made, unless I wasn't mean't to say this just yet, if so my bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back