Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Aug 1, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #4,036 of 5,780
Only things I can think that might make a difference are the the range, and if you want to watch video media with it as latency can be an issue with Bluetooth.

I have a low latency dongle for my Bluetooth speakers (for night time watching) low latency is only supported in Bluetooth 4.1 and above. Not sure if all devices support it or just those that specify. Not sure if the Mobius does or not either.
“Mobius will support Bluetooth protocol 4.2, in 2.4 GHz ISM band, and SBC, AAC and LDAC codecs. “

A piece from here https://audeze.zendesk.com/hc/en-us...-formats-supported-and-how-to-connect-to-them

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #4,038 of 5,780
But whether low latency is included in all 4.1 and up or just those that specify....
Bluetooth latency depends on few factors like host device, codec, how many other devices are in the area etc. The Bluetooth chipset on Mobius is certified for 5.0, even though the original specification was for 4.2

LDAC was initially designed as a low latency codec (Low Delay Audio Codec). In the lower bandwidth settings it should be lower latency than at higher bandwidth. Some devices support APTX LL, a specific low latency codec. this is not supported by Mobius.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 1, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #4,040 of 5,780
Bluetooth latency depends on few factors like host device, codec, how many other devices are in the area etc. The Bluetooth chipset on Mobius is certified for 5.0, even though the original specification was for 4.2

LDAC was initially designed as a low latency codec (Low Delay Audio Codec). In the lower bandwidth settings it should be lower latency than at higher bandwidth. Some devices support APTX LL, a specific low latency codec. this is not supported by Mobius.
So it’s actually bluetooth 5.0 on the Mobius? If so, I will definitely look for a 5.0 dongle if there’s any.

Aug 4, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #4,041 of 5,780

i am stuck with this firmware:
USB FW = 8.
MCU = 1.55
DSP = 23.

AS YOU CAN SEE THIS IS VERY OLD, SO I DON'T GET LATEST FEATURES, PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS AND BUG FIX. PERHAPS THIS IS WHY 3D DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY AND CANNOT CHANGE.

AUDEZE TOLD ME I SHOULD SEND MY HEADPHONE STO A UK DISTRIBUTER FOR FIRMWARE UPDATE AND PAY FOR SHIPPING MYSELF.

WORST SERVICE EVER!!!!!!!!!1

Aug 4, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #4,042 of 5,780

I HAVE A MAC.
USB FW = 8.
MCU = 1.55
DSP = 23.

AS YOU CAN SEE THIS IS VERY OLD, SO I DON'T GET LATEST FEATURES, PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS AND BUG FIX. PERHAPS THIS IS WHY 3D DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY AND CANNOT CHANGE.

AUDEZE TOLD ME I SHOULD SEND MY HEADPHONE STO A UK DISTRIBUTER FOR FIRMWARE UPDATE AND PAY FOR SHIPPING MYSELF.

Aug 4, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #4,043 of 5,780
I HAVE A MAC.
USB FW = 8.
MCU = 1.55
DSP = 23.

Posting angrily in both threads here is likely not going to get a lot of people to want to help you. Audeze has been pretty clear about the requirements here, and even commented recently that they are going to update their page to make it more clear about the firmware update portion.

As for 3d... it has worked properly on every firmware version, not sure what your issue is there?

You really dont have a windows computer anywhere that you can access and use to update the firmware?

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #4,045 of 5,780
Does this guy really not know anyone with a Windows PC. All the time spent yelling in caps could have been used finding a PC. It can't be that hard in 2019 to find one lol

Maybe he has no friends? Local computer shop, local library, local Uni, local cyberbar, etc. Heck, a cheap $100 laptop would have alleviated the damage to his psyche.

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #4,046 of 5,780
I'm in the same boat as AngryPost123 up there. Well.. As far as a Mac and no access to a windows computer anywhere nearby, anyway. My Mobius still uses the IGG firmware, but the 3D still works for me, unlike his. I don't know anyone who owns a windows laptop and don't have access to any nearby due to certain situations of my own.

That being said, they've (Audeze) been pretty upfront about how the Mobius works, and even a tiny bit of research before buying could have prepared him/her for this. Don't really see the big deal in sending them back to a local dealer though.. Shouldn't cost much for shipping if it's local.

Aug 4, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #4,047 of 5,780
Do we have any updates on when we might get that latest firmware? Im kind of tired of the channel imbalance.

Aug 4, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #4,048 of 5,780
Again, the best way to listen to music is probably Flat with 3D off but I’m glad there are options.

100 percent agree. I keep coming back to flat. Sounds terrific in hi res or Bluetooth. I find the music setting too warm and plus it sucks some of the treble out. If anyone can recommend a full size bt headset that sounds better than mobius purely for music, I’d love to audition it.

Aug 4, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #4,050 of 5,780
I'm in the same boat as AngryPost123 up there. Well.. As far as a Mac and no access to a windows computer anywhere nearby, anyway. My Mobius still uses the IGG firmware, but the 3D still works for me, unlike his. I don't know anyone who owns a windows laptop and don't have access to any nearby due to certain situations of my own.

That being said, they've (Audeze) been pretty upfront about how the Mobius works, and even a tiny bit of research before buying could have prepared him/her for this. Don't really see the big deal in sending them back to a local dealer though.. Shouldn't cost much for shipping if it's local.

Don’t be so presumptuous about me:

I did a ton of research and watched 10+ YouTube reviews, plus spent hours looking at Audeze website.

Cost me £25 taxi to post office + £28 for parcel distribution with insurance.

Oh and also UK Dealer and Disti not willing to update firmware. I asked them

Amy reason why Audeze can’t create an iOS/Android APP to allow firmware update. Yes - because they don’t want to spend the money to do this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back