Audeze Mobius review / impressions
May 12, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #3,678 of 5,780
A little more research and i'm impressed by how much these are, I mean they look like LCD-MX4 at a third the price though more likely open version of LCD-2 Closed Back's with Mic.. quite out my price range still but certainly something to aspire to trying.

May 12, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #3,679 of 5,780
Yes it can be combined as it is a mini XLR at the headphone end.
Will we be able to buy the cable/mic separate to use on already owned LCD Headphones we have?

May 13, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #3,681 of 5,780
Wonder if someone can help.
Just received my headphones, PC sees them as Audeze Mobius 3D 8 Ch but I can only get sound out of the right speaker. Am I doing anything wrong or do I have a fault?
I seem to get a little crackling and then occasional sound. When I do it's very low.
Windows seems to see the microphone as 8 channel too.

May 13, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #3,682 of 5,780
The difference between AAC and SBC is very noticeable, even with unrefined ears .
I doubt that I listen to aac then. For the few times my phone's recognizes the mobius as an aac device the output is the same, toggleling the output for aac on to off and on again.
I know my fiio q5 with apt-x produces better sound.

May 13, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #3,683 of 5,780
Just received my headphones, PC sees them as Audeze Mobius 3D 8 Ch but I can only get sound out of the right speaker. Am I doing anything wrong or do I have a fault?
I seem to get a little crackling and then occasional sound. When I do it's very low.
You can try the analog "Aux" input, if it's the same problem your Mobius is broken - which is very likely following your description.

May 13, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #3,684 of 5,780
The first thing I would suggest trying is try centering, if it is in 3D mode, the sound may appear to be coming from one side out of the box. I will also suggest trying 3D off and 2ch and Hires modes.

May 14, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #3,685 of 5,780
You can try the analog "Aux" input, if it's the same problem your Mobius is broken - which is very likely following your description.

The first thing I would suggest trying is try centering, if it is in 3D mode, the sound may appear to be coming from one side out of the box. I will also suggest trying 3D off and 2ch and Hires modes.

Thanks all, tried two different PC's now and a 3.5mm connection and the problem still persists. I'm assuming now it's the headphones and they are going back to the dealer today for a replacement.

May 14, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #3,688 of 5,780
I doubt that I listen to aac then. For the few times my phone's recognizes the mobius as an aac device the output is the same, toggleling the output for aac on to off and on again.
I know my fiio q5 with apt-x produces better sound.

What is your phone? If you toggle AAC on and then leave the Dev Settings and go back in, is AAC still toggled?

May 14, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #3,689 of 5,780
I got the Mobius about a week ago and I would like to share some of my thoughts. I see some shadows and a very bright beam of Light.

Let start with how it feels:

Plastic everywhere! Don’t get me wrong, I actually don’t mind that. It has its upsides as it helps keeping the headphone light but would have liked to see some metal for those parts that can or will wear off like the hinges and around them.

Overall it does look good and it is comfortable enough, only the headband could have a bit less pressure on top of my head. Maybe it would help spreading the weight by making it a little bit wider. Not sure, just a guess.

Handling

The handling isn’t very intuitive but it’s no problem after a while. The only thing I don’t like is the skip/back logic. You have to push the volume wheel first before giving it the actual command. Just a small issue for me but I can live with it.

The most important part, the sound:

I have a LCD2-Closed since last year and I like it very very much, so I hoped to get a Bluetooth headphone with the same or similar sound signature.

For me the most recognizable part is the deep and clean bass of the LCD and the Mobius has got most of it but it doesn’t go as deep and loses some of the clarity as its bigger brother. For my ears the (mid/upper) Bass is more emphasized and the highs are laid back so it has less of the airiness of the LCD. Everything sounds a bit closer and more intimate.

Altogether comparing the two Audezes (and of course I know that the Mobius costs about 40% of the LCD2-Closed - at least in Germany) the bigger brother is more refined, precise and reaches noticeably deeper whereas the little brother is tuned for a bit more fun for the general taste and I really like it for that.

The Mobius doesn’t disappoint, it provides the detailed and musical character I was hoping for.

So far I have listened mostly stereo in Bluetooth mode as that was the main purpose for getting the Mobius. I also tried the surround option but just for a short time, not long enough to have an opinion on that. But that’s to come and I’m looking forward to the next update which will bring the choice of 3D without head tracking (did I get that right?).

Is it worth 400 (in my case) Euros and is it a keeper?

Of course it is advertised foremost as a gaming headset, but I didn’t buy it for that. I needed (or wanted) a new Bluetooth headphone and was curious about the 7.1/5.1 capabilities for watching a movie once in a while.

I actually think that €400 is a lot of money for a Bluetooth headphone because unlike a normal headphone it is a plaything just for 2-3 years before moving on to something else/newer. But the Mobius wants to be more than just a pair of a Bluetooth gadget and I have no idea how much you have to spend for a good gaming headset.

So from my point of view the Mobius is at the maximum price range I was willing to spend and I wouldn’t mind if it had some more value by e.g. throwing in the case or the gel-pads as a standard feature.

For me the main rival was the Sony XM3 (€300) but the Audeze sound is just more to my taste. So yes I’m keeping it. It is one of those cases where you don’t (or at least I don’t) agree with all of the terms but you’re still going for it because of that one quality.

Two more things:

I couldn’t find a source in Europe for the gel-pads and ordering directly from Audeze would cost $60 just for shipping. Audeze itself also sells the pads through amazon.com with amazon handling the shipping and it will cost only $15 including customs fees, but only in blue… Copper isn’t available for shipping to Germany. Why is that? And will it be available in Europe/Germany?

And the last issue is about the AudezeHQ or actually the window/font size of it. Is there a way to enlarge the app-window or put it in full screen that I have not seen?

I hope my thoughts might be useful for someone and please forgive my English capabilities, as it isn’t my first language.

:)

May 14, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #3,690 of 5,780
I got the Mobius about a week ago and I would like to share some of my thoughts. I see some shadows and a very bright beam of Light.

Let start with how it feels:

Plastic everywhere! Don’t get me wrong, I actually don’t mind that. It has its upsides as it helps keeping the headphone light but would have liked to see some metal for those parts that can or will wear off like the hinges and around them.

Overall it does look good and it is comfortable enough, only the headband could have a bit less pressure on top of my head. Maybe it would help spreading the weight by making it a little bit wider. Not sure, just a guess.

Handling

The handling isn’t very intuitive but it’s no problem after a while. The only thing I don’t like is the skip/back logic. You have to push the volume wheel first before giving it the actual command. Just a small issue for me but I can live with it.

The most important part, the sound:

I have a LCD2-Closed since last year and I like it very very much, so I hoped to get a Bluetooth headphone with the same or similar sound signature.

For me the most recognizable part is the deep and clean bass of the LCD and the Mobius has got most of it but it doesn’t go as deep and loses some of the clarity as its bigger brother. For my ears the (mid/upper) Bass is more emphasized and the highs are laid back so it has less of the airiness of the LCD. Everything sounds a bit closer and more intimate.

Altogether comparing the two Audezes (and of course I know that the Mobius costs about 40% of the LCD2-Closed - at least in Germany) the bigger brother is more refined, precise and reaches noticeably deeper whereas the little brother is tuned for a bit more fun for the general taste and I really like it for that.

The Mobius doesn’t disappoint, it provides the detailed and musical character I was hoping for.

So far I have listened mostly stereo in Bluetooth mode as that was the main purpose for getting the Mobius. I also tried the surround option but just for a short time, not long enough to have an opinion on that. But that’s to come and I’m looking forward to the next update which will bring the choice of 3D without head tracking (did I get that right?).

Is it worth 400 (in my case) Euros and is it a keeper?

Of course it is advertised foremost as a gaming headset, but I didn’t buy it for that. I needed (or wanted) a new Bluetooth headphone and was curious about the 7.1/5.1 capabilities for watching a movie once in a while.

I actually think that €400 is a lot of money for a Bluetooth headphone because unlike a normal headphone it is a plaything just for 2-3 years before moving on to something else/newer. But the Mobius wants to be more than just a pair of a Bluetooth gadget and I have no idea how much you have to spend for a good gaming headset.

So from my point of view the Mobius is at the maximum price range I was willing to spend and I wouldn’t mind if it had some more value by e.g. throwing in the case or the gel-pads as a standard feature.

For me the main rival was the Sony XM3 (€300) but the Audeze sound is just more to my taste. So yes I’m keeping it. It is one of those cases where you don’t (or at least I don’t) agree with all of the terms but you’re still going for it because of that one quality.

Two more things:

I couldn’t find a source in Europe for the gel-pads and ordering directly from Audeze would cost $60 just for shipping. Audeze itself also sells the pads through amazon.com with amazon handling the shipping and it will cost only $15 including customs fees, but only in blue… Copper isn’t available for shipping to Germany. Why is that? And will it be available in Europe/Germany?

And the last issue is about the AudezeHQ or actually the window/font size of it. Is there a way to enlarge the app-window or put it in full screen that I have not seen?

I hope my thoughts might be useful for someone and please forgive my English capabilities, as it isn’t my first language.

:)

GREAT REVIEW!
wow the experience I was looking for! as a non-gamer, only for listening to music and some movies .... so, for this same type of use, promote mobius more than sony and bose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back