Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Feb 5, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #2,866 of 5,780
The volume on the headphone is connected to the system volume. If you adjust the system volume does the Mobius volume change ? Are there any virtual soundcards in the system ?
Yes the system volume does still work. If I power cycle the Mobius it seems to fix it sometimes. I have a new monitor and I notice when the screen flashes black when a game first loads I lose control sometimes. Especially with HDR games. When HDR kicks in and the screen flashes I lose control sometimes.

It seems pretty random too. Like last night I played Prey for hours with no problem. Another thing about the mobius, when I lose control the voice prompts for powering down and changing eqs disappear as well.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #2,867 of 5,780
Another thing about the mobius, when I lose control the voice prompts for powering down and changing eqs disappear as well.

This has happened to me a few times as well but I think only while connected via USB to PC and bluetooth to phone simultaneously. Bluetooth calls on the phone generally work best when I'm not also connected to the PC, otherwise I'm likely to lose control as yours does and/or hear what sounds like digital distortion for lack of a better term.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #2,869 of 5,780
Feb 7, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #2,871 of 5,780
Hmm I might've missed something in the forum (I searched a few keywords) but I actually didn't see anyone mention their Mobius literally being BRICKED. I'm not sure if my post was confusing, but the gist of it was my Mobius BROKE and the only thing different from my usual routine with them is my Mac updated while they were plugged in. My Mobius was NOT dead (it wasn't, as you indicated, them discharging from the USB connection), they were just bricked. Support had me do a hard reset, then send them in, and they ended up sending me a brand new pair rather than repair the old one. From what I have seen on this forum, no one has talked about a bricked Mobius, and if they have, I'm sorry. Others might have missed it like me, and I know personally I would want to know if there is anything that might break my headset.

I think i just bricked mine, Windows 10 virus and threat protection became active during the firmware update and bricked them. No mention of this at all in their update manual. Do you remember how to a hard reset? can't find this anywhere in the manual.

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #2,872 of 5,780
Thinking of getting someone bit smaller and thinner.

Something like with diameter of 10 cm?

the brainwavz pads are 110 by 80 and fit the mobius cup really well. The Dekoni t50rp might be ok but theyre 107 by 95, maybe to wide. The m50x/msr7 pads are 100x80 and i found the ear holes to be a little small and the pads themselves were a little small trying to get them on the mobius.

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #2,873 of 5,780
I think i just bricked mine, Windows 10 virus and threat protection became active during the firmware update and bricked them. No mention of this at all in their update manual. Do you remember how to a hard reset? can't find this anywhere in the manual.

Ya, I'll just paste their support chat instructions.

1. Run the Mobius battery completely down by leaving it powered on and connected to an audio source that's playing content via analog or Bluetooth. DO NOT use a USB connection for this, as the source may continue charging the battery. It's important that Mobius receives some kind of audio signal to prevent it going into power-saving mode.
2. Once the battery is completely discharged-- we recommend all day or overnight play, but you should be able to tell when it's run down as the blue LED will cease its intermittent blinking-- unplug all cables and the mic, then tell any BT devices to "forget" the Mobius. Hold down the power button for at least seven seconds to power Mobius off (in case it's still on), and be sure the blue LED doesn't blink for several seconds.
3. Leave it powered off for at least ten minutes, then plug in a USB wall-charger and fully recharge the battery until the red LED goes off (at least three hours, but longer is better). Don't use a computer USB port, just a charger.
4. Power Mobius on again once completely charged, and connect to your host computer via USB. Don't try BT until you're sure USB is working, as there can be conflicts between USB and BT connection in some rare cases.

Good luck. Fingers crossed it works!

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #2,874 of 5,780
Any recommendations for a good carry case for the mobius? Right now I'm just hauling the headphones to work in my backpack in the included drawstring bag, which is far from ideal. Compared to available aftermarket cases on Amazon, the official branded case from Audeze seems incredibly overpriced.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #2,875 of 5,780
Any recommendations for a good carry case for the mobius? Right now I'm just hauling the headphones to work in my backpack in the included drawstring bag, which is far from ideal. Compared to available aftermarket cases on Amazon, the official branded case from Audeze seems incredibly overpriced.

You can always try a Slappa headphone case. They're a little bulky, but seem to fit most headphones and offer good protection for relatively cheap prices.

Feb 13, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #2,878 of 5,780
A question for Audeze. I have forward protruding ears. When measuring my inter-aural arc should I flatten my ears or leave them in their natural position? It makes about an inch difference in the measurement.

Feb 14, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #2,880 of 5,780
In the event anyone is having connectivity issues between the Audeze app and their set ("Device not connected" error), I've found that bluetooth connectivity to ANY device can block the app from talking to the headset. In my case, even though I was following all the instructions and connected via USB to my pc, the fact that the headset was paired (just paired, not in use) with my iPhone cause the issue. Once I unpaired it, the app registered the headset and I was able to install the new firmware. I had tried cycling poweer, rebooting pc, uninstall / reinstall the app and all Audeze devices in Device Manager, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back