Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jan 24, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #2,822 of 5,780
Have tried what the audeze service center have asked me to do.They have been very helpfull But i still cant get the firmware/update to work.It fails all the time.My mobius just disconnects.It connects,disconnect,connects and then disconnects and the update fails

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #2,824 of 5,780
If it's a .partial file, it means the download didn't finish. It could still be downloading, or it was interrupted in the middle. Did you close your browser during the download?

Jan 25, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #2,826 of 5,780
I finally purchase a Mobius from E-bay. Evidently one of the Kickstarter's decided they did not want their unit. I did not have any issues with hissing or a sound floor. Also, I was able, just recently to update the HQ and download the firmware without any issues. I now have the stereo mode and the headset works great. I really have not used it as Bluetooth, just USB while gaming and I am greatly impressed. I have not found it to hurt my ears, except when I first put it on, but the cups settle in very soon and I can wear it for long periods of time. It recognizes the Mobius correctly in the sound settings. I need to use it in Bluetooth and see how that goes and keep playing with the other settings but so far it is great. The only thing I experienced after the firmware was a message it may not be charging. However, I rebooted my computer with the Mobius unplugged and played Destiny 2 and never saw the message again, so at this point is seems to have cleared up. I have not tried the mic as yet either.

During the software download I made sure I had the cups laying flat and was careful not to tough the headset as per instructions. Again, the download worked very well and so far very stable.

Jan 25, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #2,827 of 5,780
To be fair I couldn’t understand the firmware that well on the first attempt.
First time I had to do it on any headphones.
I’m hoping the official firmware is a lot more straightforward. Mine was all done on a PC.
It’s a pain if people are struggling to get this sorted.

Jan 25, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #2,828 of 5,780
I am sure in the near future Audeze will streamline the firmware update process in the HQ app. All the user should need to do is mute the mic, lay the headphones flat and click a button. The HQ app should check the firmware version currently installed and if a new one is available download it and start the installation.

While I had zero issues installing the latest firmware I read through the directions twice before I started. I did not want to brick these wonderful headphones.

Jan 25, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #2,829 of 5,780
Could we have some official guidance from the good folks at Audeze in regards whether it is preferential to feed these headphones uncompressed stereo sound or whether virtual surround is the way to go?

I'm thinking specifically something like the Xbox which has the option of outputting Dolby Atmos Headphones via aux. I'm inclined to presume it is best to turn off all external processing and let the headphones work their own magic on a raw stereo track? Would this be wise? Also, having just picked up the Resident Evil 2 remake - the audio options has choices of 'Headphones' and 'Dolby Atmos' as well as '5.1/7.1' - again, am I best sticking to headphones as the option here?

Any help from Audeze or any other fine folks here would be appreciated.

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #2,832 of 5,780
Anyone else trying to test the ANTHEM demo with their Mobius? I can't log in right now because their "servers are at max capacity", but as soon as I can get in, I'm gonna no life it for as long as my Mobius battery lasts

Jan 25, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #2,833 of 5,780
Could we have some official guidance from the good folks at Audeze in regards whether it is preferential to feed these headphones uncompressed stereo sound or whether virtual surround is the way to go?

I'm thinking specifically something like the Xbox which has the option of outputting Dolby Atmos Headphones via aux. I'm inclined to presume it is best to turn off all external processing and let the headphones work their own magic on a raw stereo track? Would this be wise? Also, having just picked up the Resident Evil 2 remake - the audio options has choices of 'Headphones' and 'Dolby Atmos' as well as '5.1/7.1' - again, am I best sticking to headphones as the option here?

Any help from Audeze or any other fine folks here would be appreciated.

If its via xbox, using the xbox builtin atmos and turning the Mobius' 3d off will give you surround sound, sending the Mobius 2.0 pcm and using the Mobius' 3D on will give you virtual stereo loudspeakers with head tracking.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #2,834 of 5,780
If its via xbox, using the xbox builtin atmos and turning the Mobius' 3d off will give you surround sound, sending the Mobius 2.0 pcm and using the Mobius' 3D on will give you virtual stereo loudspeakers with head tracking.

So basically you want to disable one of the surround options (either the Xbox software or Mobius wizardry) and let the other do the work? I guess what I want to know is which would likely perform better? It is really hard to do direct comparisons, especially with dynamic games.

Jan 25, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #2,835 of 5,780
So basically you want to disable one of the surround options (either the Xbox software or Mobius wizardry) and let the other do the work? I guess what I want to know is which would likely perform better? It is really hard to do direct comparisons, especially with dynamic games.
i prefer the Mobius' 3d over Dolby Atmos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back