Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jan 8, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #2,656 of 5,778
I wonder if it's possible to tune the Mic input afterwards (either if Audeze is able to do it in firmware update(?), probably not possible or user could do it himself somehow like EQing but for mic input :p). I think Mobius has way too much ~50Hz or bass level is too high in general, many headsets purposefully slightly reduces the bass for clearer coms, on Mobius if checking a recording the bass tends to be above the level of the mids depending on the recorded input a bit of course, at least I can say it's way above "average level" in bass level for the mic input, personally I think it's too much for sure, it's the bassiest mic that I've personally experienced so far.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #2,657 of 5,778
That's a different story, it's about noise being present all the time, no matter what input and volume setting is used.
I have been investigating in this, even measuring 2 Mobius, and came to the conclusion that the mentions issue is related to people's hearing abilities.

In your case it's only the Aux input at high volume settings, so that is different, and your noise is much higher than the one described in the other thread.

I have no idea how easy it is to break the Aux input by putting in too high level, so that would be one possibility what might have happened. The symptoms would fit, not enough level and a lot of noise.
I suggest you contact AUDEZE.
Would be nice if you report back here if something comes out.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #2,658 of 5,778
I wonder if it's possible to tune the Mic input afterwards (either if Audeze is able to do it in firmware update(?), probably not possible or user could do it himself somehow like EQing but for mic input :p). I think Mobius has way too much ~50Hz or bass level is too high in general, many headsets purposefully slightly reduces the bass for clearer coms, on Mobius if checking a recording the bass tends to be above the level of the mids depending on the recorded input a bit of course, at least I can say it's way above "average level" in bass level for the mic input, personally I think it's too much for sure, it's the bassiest mic that I've personally experienced so far.
You could try to use a foam pop filter and place the Mic a bit farther away from your mouth.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #2,660 of 5,778
Guys, Audeze is cooperating with Kingston to create the Hyperx Cloud Orbit S. From what I've read, it seems to have everything the Mobius has, minus the wireless mode.

Great move for them, HyperX Cloud headphones should be the most popular low cost headset out there (pretty decent sound for the price too I have to say for a headset) so it's highly recognised brand in the gaming world. You see plenty of pro gamers who could use any set still use them quite often.

I think these will become a popular sight in pro gaming scene with the HyperX brand (sponsorship and all that).

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #2,661 of 5,778
Guys, Audeze is cooperating with Kingston to create the Hyperx Cloud Orbit S. From what I've read, it seems to have everything the Mobius has, minus the wireless mode.
This thing looks familiar :ksc75smile:

... Kingston's gaming brand further says, "Cloud Orbit headsets are based on the ground-breaking Audeze Mobius Platform that features 100mm planar magnetic driver technology ...

Congratulations AUDEZE, you created a platform.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #2,663 of 5,778
Has anyone here already used or have been using the mobius connected to the Xbox controller can share their experience?
I use mine daily with my Xbox One via the aux connection to the controller. You don't get the full surround sound option, but 2.1 isn't bad at all. Everything is still extremely accurately placed in game and the included mic works well, too. The only downside, in my opinion, is when you have to switch to another headset because you forgot to charge your Mobius or you are in a gaming session that's longer than 10 hours. Other headphone just aren't as fun.

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #2,664 of 5,778
@Audeze - just saw your BT Cipher module for the iSines and am wrapped - will be getting myself a set for the 20's.

One question though - with the Mobius you went with LDAC and hinted that "there were reasons...... - to become clear later"

Hell - I even accelerated a phone purchase to one that would be able to use LDAC, before the Team Copper was even finalised.

I'm a bit dissapointed and unsure as to why you wouldn't use the codec you'd been using as a selling point in the Mobius on the new product.

The iSines are a higher end product than the Mobius is, LDAC is a higher end codec than aptX HD is.

Why is it this way?

You had plans for LDAC - what happened?

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #2,665 of 5,778
Oh it works with line out, but what change instead of normal headphone output?
Well, about Ps3 usb, it recognise the Mobius, but I don't get the audio, don't know why.. But never mind, i tried with USB on Ps4, and even At max volume, volume it's still low for my taste, so i guess with Ps3 will not change too much with USB..
I just spent an hour trying to get music and video sound out of PS3- Mobius via USB or Bluetooth, but that is not possible.
Seems on PS3 headsets generally are only usable for communication, as far as I found even game sound will not go through Mobius with USB or Bluetooth.
You need an analog / Aux In connection.

Jan 8, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #2,666 of 5,778
Oh it works with line out, but what change instead of normal headphone output?
Well, about Ps3 usb, it recognise the Mobius, but I don't get the audio, don't know why.. But never mind, i tried with USB on Ps4, and even At max volume, volume it's still low for my taste, so i guess with Ps3 will not change too much with USB..

I had to do a firmware update when using usb to PS4 pro because it wouldn’t let me adjust the volume at all, it was just stuck at a medium level. Did the firmware and now I can adjust the volume to the point my ears would bleed. So just wanted to make sure u did this.

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #2,667 of 5,778
I use mine daily with my Xbox One via the aux connection to the controller. You don't get the full surround sound option, but 2.1 isn't bad at all. Everything is still extremely accurately placed in game and the included mic works well, too. The only downside, in my opinion, is when you have to switch to another headset because you forgot to charge your Mobius or you are in a gaming session that's longer than 10 hours. Other headphone just aren't as fun.
Thanks for sharing your experience. A coulpl more questions.. How is the quality of the mic? And if there is any hiss on the headphone?
Thanks!

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #2,668 of 5,778
Thanks for sharing your experience. A coulpl more questions.. How is the quality of the mic? And if there is any hiss on the headphone?
Thanks!
Mine has an extremely low noise floor. Virtually no hiss whatsoever. As for the mic, the quality via controller aux in Xbox Party chats is pretty good. No better or worse than other mics you'd get on any other gaming headset, in my opinion.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #2,669 of 5,778
Question: What is the status of the firmware update to disable head tracking while in 3D mode? Was it ever made public? I was offered it in beta form with the caveat that it was somewhat unstable and could result in my having to send the heaphones back to Audeze for repair, so I've shelved the Mobius until public release of that functionality.

If this isn't something that is forthcoming relatively soon, I think I'm going to sell these on. As just normal headphones, they don't do much for me.

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #2,670 of 5,778
Where can I find an update/change list for versions of firmware? I tried reaching out to Audeze on here for the firmware a while ago and haven't had a reply - I really want to see if my annoyances have been fixed with the firmware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back