Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 1, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #2,026 of 5,780
So if anyone was looking for a sleeve or something that's compact and want to fold down the headphones in your bag I found one of these neoprene laptop sleeves that fit the Mobius like a glove.

The external dimensions are: 11.75" x 9" x 5/8"

IMG_1635.JPG

Nov 1, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #2,027 of 5,780
I've tried to install the app 3-4 times now.But it wont install on my computer :/ But i have an old laptop from 2011 ( asus nv56).If i use the app,and meausurment my head,would the settings be saved on my headphones,so it works when using bluetooth? I also noticed that the 3d function didnt work on ldac? :)

Yes the settings save to the headphone. For 3d and ldac, go into developer settings and set the sample rate to 44.1khz, the bit rate to 16bit, and the playback to optomized. Ldac defaults to 32bit 96khz which puts the mobius in high res mode.

Nov 1, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #2,029 of 5,780
Scarface got wrote: I've tried to install the app 3-4 times now.But it wont install on my computer :/ But i have an old laptop from 2011 ( asus nv56).If i use the app,and meausurment my head,would the settings be saved on my headphones,so it works when using bluetooth? I also noticed that the 3d function didnt work on ldac? :)

I am running the Mobius App on a 2008 HP ‘tower’ with 6gb main memory and 1/2 TB of open disk space. Win 10. I have found that the out of disk space message usually does not mean you are out of Memory. Yes check your disk space. If you get below 10% open, Windows can behave erratically. I would dump the Mobius app download you have and re-download it. I would then power off the laptop and then power up so you have a ‘clean boot’ Let the laptop settle in if it takes a while to boot. Then immediately try to install the app again. And yes, do as Richter Di has said and run the install in Admin mode. Just right click on the file and choose run as admin. I hope this was not redundant and helps.
Oh! Yes, unzip the zip archive. The install will not run from ‘The Zip’ (Said the person who tried :)

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #2,030 of 5,780
I ended up keeping my Mobius so that my 2 year old son could watch movies on flights(he is into the multi-channel 3D mix, not kidding he will take almost everything else I have off in 3 minutes max but he sat with these for an hour and 45 minutes watching a movie, and to be honest I can understand why) and I have played around with them since.

First I want to state my opinion of how they compare to the LCD-2(with fazor) and XC. In my opinion for music there really is not much to compare, they do not hold a candle to either but that was not the purpose of the Mobius. Please don’t take that as a negative for listening to music for those stepping into the world of boutique headphones, for those people I say you came to the right company to invest your money into but understand that the other options available from Audeze are priced the way they are for a reason.

Now that I have gotten that opinion out I have to say for movies the Mobius shine, to be honest if I was Audeze I would have marketed these headphones for old school 7 channel movies since Atmos is still being added little by little. I am not a fan of the Bluetooth connection while gaming on my Xbox or my PS4 because I feel the lag is too much, my switch, well it’s a switch so nothing high end about it and a direct 3.5mm connection is required so I appreciate the power of the Mobius but not really worth mentioning. As far as PC gaming, I am a Mac user so let’s be honest I can’t comment because there are not really any games worth playing on a Mac unless you are just die hard and refuse to accept the truth. Movies though, I have to say while in direct connect from USB I have to hand it to Audeze because it is a great set of headphones to use while watching movies, Netflix, or whatever visual media streaming device you use. The head tracking is really not needed for movies but it is kind of cool. The 3D and multi channel is great, I can’t stress that enough, those 2 things alone make the Mobius and incredibly useful tool for an immersive media experience.

Again just tossing my 2 cents.

Edit: No hiss on my end.

Edit 2: about the Xbox one via Bluetooth, it’s not direct but via receiver so I suppose the lag is not a fair comparison but it’s the only one to make due to the nature of the Xbox.

If you plug the mobius in through the usb-c port of the switch and turn to the 2.0 channel mode, the Mobius will get the sound from there. It's a lot better.

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #2,032 of 5,780
Whats the best way to use Mobius to watch movies via Netflix on the PC if the movie streams with Dolby Atmos?

Set the mobius to 7.1 3d on and use the windows netflix app.

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #2,035 of 5,780
Set the mobius to 7.1 3d on and use the windows netflix app.

Thanks.

I haven't used the Mobius much with movies so far but planning to start this weekend. Do you know how it plays back an Atmos track? I know the Netflix app decodes
Are you hearing your own version of the Atmos track with Mobius? Or is it the same track you'd hear through a 7.1 speaker setup?

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #2,036 of 5,780
Ps: Do i need an surround card on my computer,to be enable to play 7.1?

Nope just usb.

Thanks.

I haven't used the Mobius much with movies so far but planning to start this weekend. Do you know how it plays back an Atmos track? I know the Netflix app decodes
Are you hearing your own version of the Atmos track with Mobius? Or is it the same track you'd hear through a 7.1 speaker setup?

It will play back the 5.1 / 7.1 track in the atmos mix. The Mobius isn't capable of doing anything with object mixes.

Nov 2, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #2,037 of 5,780
So I'm thinking of trying something. With bluetooth 5.0 you can connect to and stream audio to multiple devices at the same time, correct? I've got an S7Edge which I don't think has 5.0, so I'd have to get a new phone, but using something like this ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078H4YD2L/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_Nu92BbYTDVGTN ), I could hook up a bass shaker to a chair, would just need a crossover and amp or anamp with a sub out built in.

Any suggestions? The mobius is 5.0 right? The bluetooth receiver would also need to be 5.0? And the connection would need to be ldac...

Nov 2, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #2,040 of 5,780
Following the recommendations of someone in the forum, I put a "USB-decrappyfier" in front of the cable connecting the Mobius with the Mac - A Audioquest Jitterbug that I used to use with the Meridian Explorer II.
It is a must - the effect is enormous, and it really changes the level of the machine. Other better devices (Schiit, etc.) may yield better results, but my aim always was portability (and cost).

The main effect is on clarity and treble quality. Also impact and dynamics seem to improve. (I know that bits are bits but noise on the power cable is noise on the power cable, and these machines are not galvanically isolated)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back