Audeze Mobius review / impressions
post-15389543
Post #4,486 of 4,631

AlwaysForward

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Can you please contact support? We are currently beta testing a new installer to address this same issue (of driver update)
Hi @KMann I don't have easy access to a windows machine. Will this new venture allow us Mac users to update our firmware? My unit is still running beta firmware, sadly.

post-15391886
Post #4,487 of 4,631

KMann

Sponsor: Audeze
Reaction score
Hi @KMann I don't have easy access to a windows machine. Will this new venture allow us Mac users to update our firmware? My unit is still running beta firmware, sadly.
Unfortunately the SDK required for programming does not support MAC. So there will never be an option to upgrade firmware from MAC.

post-15404603
Post #4,490 of 4,631

Bojamijams

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Just want to add a +1 to the Dekoni Nuggets as an option for softening the pressure from the headband. As a bald man, the weight of the headphone became quite uncomfortable after about an hour of use. With just two nuggets (comes in a pack of 4) applied to the headband, it is more comfortable now.

I wish I could've used all 4 (and I did try) by adding them to plastic side of the headband but it didn't contact my head so I'm saving them for later

Reactions: Vader2k
post-15410818
Post #4,491 of 4,631

beliys

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Very unlikely. We need the chipset drivers to support a particular platform and unfortunately, we do not have support for the firmware upgrade on other platforms.
Linux is the most flexible OS among the named and at the same time you have users who have chosen linux as the preferred OS. Most of these users tend to have deeper technical skills and could update the firmware manually, but at least we need a way to do it. What's more, we have the tools to update the firmware, I mean https://fwupd.org/. Many hardware manufacturers (https://fwupd.org/lvfs/vendors/) already use this toolkit to update firmware and it would be good that you would also be among them.

post-15411229
Post #4,492 of 4,631

AlwaysForward

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Linux is the most flexible OS among the named and at the same time you have users who have chosen linux as the preferred OS. Most of these users tend to have deeper technical skills and could update the firmware manually, but at least we need a way to do it. What's more, we have the tools to update the firmware, I mean https://fwupd.org/. Many hardware manufacturers (https://fwupd.org/lvfs/vendors/) already use this toolkit to update firmware and it would be good that you would also be among them.
Yes most people with moderate tech understand this. I think the windows focus is probably limited for 2 reasons:

First, it is a gaming product that happens to be audiophile grade.

Second, Audeze is a small business where their model isn’t focused on software. I looked through their staff on LinkedIn and it seems the only software person is focused on C++/DSP signal processing. While it’s possible that this person may be writing their apps, it’s more likely that there may be a contract partner who is building to spec as needed.

Generally, most Audio companies are not going to be super software savvy. And if they are, they typically won’t have a lot of resources for software because that’s not the focus of the business.

Reactions: metal571 and acia
post-15411897
Post #4,493 of 4,631

udd3n

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I updated my Mobius to the latest firmwares:
USB FW: 103
MCU FW: 1.71
DSP FW: 38

Now I can only listen to stuff with HIRES or it will crackle/pop every second and is unlistenable. Tried with bluetooth only to my phones(LG G7 and Samsung S8+) and USB C to the phones and USB to the gamingPC.. Its the same. Only HIRES works without crackling/lagging/poppig sound every second, almost all the time. Maybe after some time it gets better and lags just every 5 seconds but its still not acceptable. I have contacted Audeze and hopes it can be solved with downgrading/upgrading firmware. I am on their latest beta.

Anyone else experienced this and got it solved?

post-15411974
Post #4,494 of 4,631

beliys

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Yes most people with moderate tech understand this. I think the windows focus is probably limited for 2 reasons:

First, it is a gaming product that happens to be audiophile grade.

Second, Audeze is a small business where their model isn’t focused on software. I looked through their staff on LinkedIn and it seems the only software person is focused on C++/DSP signal processing. While it’s possible that this person may be writing their apps, it’s more likely that there may be a contract partner who is building to spec as needed.

Generally, most Audio companies are not going to be super software savvy. And if they are, they typically won’t have a lot of resources for software because that’s not the focus of the business.
1)Yeap, but in steam there are a lot of games for linux and after tuning the sound in it is more predictable and therefore better, but yes I understand that there are still a minority of the same enthusiasts.
2) I also understand that making an application for a new platform is a rather time-consuming task, but it is not required to start a fully functional application - I wrote above that we have ready software to update firmware for devices under linux (https://fwupd.org/) and just need to prepare only the firmware in the right format and share it.

post-15413898
Post #4,495 of 4,631

Planetbee

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I updated my Mobius to the latest firmwares:
USB FW: 103
MCU FW: 1.71
DSP FW: 38

Now I can only listen to stuff with HIRES or it will crackle/pop every second and is unlistenable. Tried with bluetooth only to my phones(LG G7 and Samsung S8+) and USB C to the phones and USB to the gamingPC.. Its the same. Only HIRES works without crackling/lagging/poppig sound every second, almost all the time. Maybe after some time it gets better and lags just every 5 seconds but its still not acceptable. I have contacted Audeze and hopes it can be solved with downgrading/upgrading firmware. I am on their latest beta.

Anyone else experienced this and got it solved?
Had something like this happen with a replacement pair. Even posted here about it. Got no real help, but I will say; if you are using an extension cable of some sort, don't. Plug directly into the port if at all possible. It cleared many of the problems that seemingly started cropping up at random for me. Examples include: weirdly off volume levels in any mode that used 3D or gyro, loss of power, the inability to use 7.1 mode, and distorted bass and sibilant highs.

post-15413901
Post #4,496 of 4,631

udd3n

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Had something like this happen with a replacement pair. Even posted here about it. Got no real help, but I will say; if you are using an extension cable of some sort, don't. Plug directly into the port if at all possible. It cleared many of the problems that seemingly started cropping up at random for me. Examples include: weirdly off volume levels in any mode that used 3D or gyro, loss of power, the inability to use 7.1 mode, and distorted bass and sibilant highs.
Hm. Doesnt sound good. :frowning2: I have the same problem even over bluetooth with unusable 7.1/Stereo after updating to the latest beta drivers I got sent from them. I hope they can help me roll-back or hardreset or w/e. I really like the headphones and its a bummer if they become unusable..
It worked on the old firmware but I had problems with making phone calls over BT with that firmware, thats why I got the new one.

Last edited:
post-15415445
Post #4,497 of 4,631

KaiSc

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I use this 15 m (!) active USB A extension cable with Mobius from time to time and it does work flawless:
https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B0042RRQ6S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm on firmware V5:
USB: 103
MCU: 1.71
DSP: 25

post-15418063
Post #4,498 of 4,631

Planetbee

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
post-15418097
Post #4,499 of 4,631

l0wmotion

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
post-15419776
Post #4,500 of 4,631

Bojamijams

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I use that active delock cable too.

And i solved my 2nd problem: the USB-C port on that headset is close to broken. Its the weakspot. So i bought this magnetic USB-C cable (2m) on Aliexpress. Now everytime the cable is stuck it simply disconnecs. Its more like a weak spot on purpose.

At example: https://www.amazon.com/Magnetic-Detachable-Connector-Bluetooth-Headphone/dp/B07DGPY898
Oooh I like that. The port is definitely the weak spot. I'm on my 2nd pair now after the first started exhibiting disconnection issue. I think I'll grab this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 11)