Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Jul 16, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #3,991 of 5,780
It might be too late, but I managed to score these yesterday for $299 on amazon.

Questions for the thread: Is there a difference between using USB-C or USB 3.0? I have an open USB-A 3.0 (and also 2.0) on the front of my PC case, but the USB-C port is in the back. I also have a soundcard with a headphone control pod, but I assume USB is better than AUX for these. Also, if my PC still sends power to the USB ports when off, should I still disconnect the headphones from my PC when I'm not using them?

You'll be fine with usb3, for low power devices like these headphones it's just the shape of the connector

If you find that the battery is drained if you leave the headphones plugged in then unplug them.

My usb ports also provide power when the computer is powered off but I've found there is a bug that drains the battery if you leave them plugged in for too long.

I'm not sure if that's been fixed with the current firmware, but I've been advised to use a wall usb charger for overnight charging.

Jul 17, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #3,994 of 5,780
We tracked down the issue to a windows update that came out recently. We have an update we are testing. But because this is part of the driver, we have to get this through microsoft certification that takes time. If you are local, you can ship or bring the unit to us and we can update it quite easily.
@Audeze I just called your office and they didn't know what I was talking about. I was planning on driving up on Friday with a friend that also has a Mobius. Is this still an option?

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #3,996 of 5,780
Mine arrived yesterday, after ordering them on Monday on prime day! I got the copper ones, and they include the pop filter on the mic. When I first turned them on, I thought my speakers were playing music! The 3D directional audio was amazing! I ended up settling on the Warm EQ, but I was split between it and the default one. I wasn't sure how to stretch the headband to fit larger heads, but luckily the default size felt comfortable (or maybe the band just stretched). The actual setup was very simple, and I appreciated the humor in the instructions. Right now, I keep getting mixed up with which buttons control what in bluetooth, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I do like how I can play on my PC, unplug them, and start listening to music from my phone. The 3D effects made me realize how much I move my head when I play! I'm still not 100% set on which EQ setting to use, or which sound mode (Hi-res or 7.1)

My only complaint so far, is that when I was using Xbox voice chat on my PC, playing with a friend on his xbox, the 3D audio made his voice super echo-y. It sounded like he was talking in a small room. I ended up turning the 3D audio off, because it was too annoying listening to his voice. I tried changing the HTRF settings, but none of them could fix the issue. Luckily, these headphones still sound great with it off

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #3,997 of 5,780
We tracked down the issue to a windows update that came out recently. We have an update we are testing. But because this is part of the driver, we have to get this through microsoft certification that takes time. If you are local, you can ship or bring the unit to us and we can update it quite easily.
So if I were to ship it to y’all (I live in Louisiana) would that be shipping cost on me or for free? Maybe I should just wait but I really want this update. I’m assuming other than shipping it to y’all there is no way other than waiting so I’m not sure what the best course of action is.

Jul 22, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #3,998 of 5,780
Decided to give the Music preset another chance, and if you raise the volume to 80-90% it sounds pretty great. The Mobius may still be the best-sounding Bluetooth headphone I’ve heard. I also really enjoyed the V-MODA M-100 and Sennheiser Momentum in the past, but Mobius has more clarity than either of those headphones even if they both have their own unique frequency responses that work well.

In fact, Mobius has a really stellar tonal balance — perhaps the best out of any Audeze headphone I’ve heard including the EL-8 with Cipher.

Again, the best way to listen to music is probably Flat with 3D off but I’m glad there are options.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #3,999 of 5,780
Random question: What do you do with the microphone when not using it?

If I don't need it (which is most of the time I'm using my headphones), I just unplug the mic and leave it on my desk. I've tried folding it out of the way, but it still gets in my peripheral vision (and surprises me when I turn my head). I'm also kind of worried about leaving the cable bent all the time. The mic can be kind of difficult to plug/unplug, so I was wondering what other people did as alternatives

Jul 23, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #4,001 of 5,780
Hi. It's been a couple of weeks since this. Any updates on a rough ETA?

Jul 23, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #4,002 of 5,780
So if I were to ship it to y’all (I live in Louisiana) would that be shipping cost on me or for free? Maybe I should just wait but I really want this update. I’m assuming other than shipping it to y’all there is no way other than waiting so I’m not sure what the best course of action is.
My experiences is that the user pays shipping to, and the company pays shipping back even when under warranty work is being conducted. Not sure, but I would expect this to be the case here as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back