Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Nov 17, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #2,281 of 5,780
hi, what seems to be the best bluetooth emisor i can get in my country for a reasonable price has this specifications: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, SPP y HID. suposedly is 4.1. is any of this good enough to use the mobius without music interruptions? (the super cheap one i tried left out parts of the song)

edit: i found another one, slightly cheaper, supposedly 4.2, that has APT-X HD. that should be the correct choice, right?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #2,282 of 5,780
hi, what seems to be the best bluetooth emisor i can get in my country for a reasonable price has this specifications: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, SPP y HID. suposedly is 4.1. is any of this good enough to use the mobius without music interruptions? (the super cheap one i tried left out parts of the song)

edit: i found another one, slightly cheaper, supposedly 4.2, that has APT-X HD. that should be the correct choice, right?

No, LDAC is the best codec for the Mobius, only other options are AAC and SBC. The website for the Mobius says Bluetooth 4.2, but I'm pretty sure it's actually Bluetooth 5.0. Something like a Galaxy S8 on Oreo will have Bluetooth 5.0 and LDAC, but that's up around $200, I'm not really familiar with daps or transmitters Dx

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #2,283 of 5,780
thanks for answering. i doubt i will find a emisor for my pc with those specifications at a reasonable price. i usually listen with the mobius connected, i would only use bluetooth for stuff like youtube tutorials. my main concern is that the sound is not interrupted. even if its not for critical listening, can i at least have that with those specifications? or is it totally incompatible?

Nov 17, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #2,284 of 5,780
Aptx won't work, make sure it has sbc, aac, or ldac.

Nov 17, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #2,285 of 5,780
Aptx won't work, make sure it has sbc, aac, or ldac.
Both AAC and LDAC aren't possible to use on Windows because they haven't added the codecs in their Bluetooth stack. Only SBC and Apt-X variants are available. For simple youtube watching SBC will work fine. SBC is the base codec available in all Bluetooth audio devices, so any transmitter will support SBC. I got my Bluetooth transmitter on aliexpress for like $2 with free shipping, but it took a few weeks to get here. Just make sure you get at least a Bluetooth 4.0 compatible transmitter and you should be good. As a sidenote, someone has added LDAC support (along with Apt-X and AAC) to the Bluetooth audio stack on linux, and it works with any existing transmitter. Link here: https://github.com/EHfive/pulseaudio-modules-bt

Nov 17, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #2,286 of 5,780
Both AAC and LDAC aren't possible to use on Windows because they haven't added the codecs in their Bluetooth stack. Only SBC and Apt-X variants are available. For simple youtube watching SBC will work fine. SBC is the base codec available in all Bluetooth audio devices, so any transmitter will support SBC. I got my Bluetooth transmitter on aliexpress for like $2 with free shipping, but it took a few weeks to get here. Just make sure you get at least a Bluetooth 4.0 compatible transmitter and you should be good. As a sidenote, someone has added LDAC support (along with Apt-X and AAC) to the Bluetooth audio stack on linux, and it works with any existing transmitter. Link here: https://github.com/EHfive/pulseaudio-modules-bt
i see, that explains why i cant find AAC or SBC apt transmitters. one isnt avaiable, and the other is default, so it wont get listed. will try with aliexpress or DX, thanks!

Nov 18, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #2,287 of 5,780
I've been using the "warm" EQ setting for about a week now, spent a good number of hours with it.

Conclusion - I've gone back to the "default" EQ setting.

The warm setting is pretty good for gaming, but for music I'm finding the lows are just too excessive for me - there is too much mid bass for my liking.
The highs and mids also feel just a bit too recessed for liking. I generally like a darker signature, but it's a tad overboard for me with much of my music.

I still prefer the default setting with my own EQ settings via USB for a slight sub bass bump.
The warm setting is nice for gaming though as mentioned, I might continue using it for that purpose.

Nov 18, 2018 at 2:01 AM Post #2,288 of 5,780
Maybe I’m crazy, but I prefer the sound of Mobius via Bluetooth AAC rather than a direct USB feed. I feel that way about most wireless headphones though, maybe it’s just feeling more relaxed without a wire.

Taking a risk buying the PlayStation 4 Slim since it doesn’t have an optical audio output and I’ll just be using the USB output with Mobius via a ten-foot USB-C cable. Would be absolutely incredible if Sony offered LDAC on PS4, but they drop the ball a lot with their own technologies.

Nov 18, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #2,289 of 5,780
but they drop the ball a lot with their own technologies.

Right?! How does the PS4 Pro not have a 4K Blu Ray drive? It's kind of mind boggling.

I'm probably going to grab a Pro this week (Black Friday). Have to see how the Mobius plays with it in the coming weeks.

Nov 18, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #2,290 of 5,780
Right?! How does the PS4 Pro not have a 4K Blu Ray drive? It's kind of mind boggling.

I'm probably going to grab a Pro this week (Black Friday). Have to see how the Mobius plays with it in the coming weeks.
I think it not having a 4k BluRay drive is the smartest choice they made about it. No one buys movies anymore. It's a niche. Streaming is where it's at, and Sony knew it before even the haters realized it.

I'd personally would prefer the ps5 not have an optical drive at all. But then I don't like to hoard physical copies of things. At least do what Nintendo does and make a small format thing for people who absolutely need to collect. High capacity cards already exist. Get rid of optical drives and save all that space, and deal with one less thing that could break.

As for transmitters, I still don't quite understand why some company can't make a transmitter that transmitters digital and analog audio signals to AAC and/or LDAC yet. Yes we already have Apt-X transmitters, but I would think some audio focused company would make an audiophile transmitter by now.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #2,291 of 5,780
I would think some audio focused company would make an audiophile transmitter by now.

I think it's Microsoft/Apple that need to add it to their codecs?? for it to work.

Nov 18, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #2,292 of 5,780
Why? I would think that you just need an external device that could take any analog or digital audio signal. No need for codecs on the source side...

Theoretical audio device that converts the 2 ch audio signal from your source into AAC/LDAC. We already have plenty of devices that encodes audio to apt-X, I don't see why someone can't make it for other codec types.

I'm referring to an external transmitter. You're right if someone wants a function like that built in to their source like a pc/mac.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #2,294 of 5,780
I think it not having a 4k BluRay drive is the smartest choice they made about it. No one buys movies anymore. It's a niche. Streaming is where it's at, and Sony knew it before even the haters realized it.

I disagree with this completely, and it's not true at all. That's like saying..."Nobody listens to vinyl anymore, Mp3's are where it's at".
Physical copies are still superior to streaming, and plenty of people still watch and buy them regularly. But this is off topic now, so I'll leave it at that :wink:

Nov 18, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #2,295 of 5,780
I disagree with this completely, and it's not true at all. That's like saying..."Nobody listens to vinyl anymore, Mp3's are where it's at".
Physical copies are still superior to streaming, and plenty of people still watch and buy them regularly. But this is off topic now, so I'll leave it at that :wink:

I love Blu Rays. I hate streaming.

But seriously... clipped blacks/whites, blocking, haloing, aliasing, banding. Compression sucks.

Amazon and Vudu are much better then they were years ago. But having a file allows you to use better renderers too. I sit a bit to close to a projector and 24p is pretty jumpy and frame interpolation looks like crap, so using a player with frame blending at 60p is a must, and since frame blending slightly softens the image having the ability to supersample(oversharpen) is awesome. The final image has much smoother motion without looking like a soap opera and is nice and sharp and detailed without looking artificial.

A niche? Definitely. But its the industry's fault physical media suffers when you have to wait 3-4 months after theatrical release for an over priced disc that still comes out after VOD.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back