Audeze Mobius 7.1 Reverb.
Aug 23, 2019 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fregapple

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I recently bought this headset and have run into one issue!

On 7.1 mode, all games sound horrible! Yet listening to music seems fine. It seems to be certain effects, like gunfire which make them sound like futuristic weapons. Or high pitched noises which reverb too much!!

the only way I can make the games sound normal, is in two channel mode.

I have tried with a number of games, but are all like this :frowning2: the only one which can be solved is battlefield 5, as it has a 3D headphones option in its sound settings, which instantly makes the game sound amazing with these head phones!!!

but every other game like Apex Legends for example, it’s just distracting to have it on the mode cause of the noise effects, so I have just used 2 channel mode instead..

Anyone else have this issue with the Mobius? Is it just me?

I have tried turning off 3D audio, changed presets, changed room abience (currently on 0) did the measurement for my head. Turned off head tracking, tried different equalisers. Nothing in the app seems to make a difference, just changing off 7.1 fixes the reverb.

I assume it is to help simulate surround, but mine sounds a lot more that normal.. and can’t turn it down at all. My old Siberia 800 didn’t have any reverb at all!

hoping others can pin point something for me, if I need to rma them or try and get a refund. Because games are unplayable on the 7.1 setting currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back