AUDEZE LCD XC
Oct 13, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #3,466 of 4,127
I was about to ask if all parties are still in love with their Audeze LCD XC ... Yep.

Unfortunately, their prices are extreme here in Toronto
. :triportsad: . I'll feel like a d&ck going to the store asking them to match a online price ([online price] = [buying the LCD XC directly from the US manufacturer] + [exchange rate] + [HST] + [shipping]).

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #3,467 of 4,127
I was about to ask if all parties are still in love with their Audeze LCD XC ... Yep.

. :triportsad: . I'll feel like a d&ck going to the store asking them to match a online price ([online price] = [buying the LCD XC directly from the US manufacturer] + [exchange rate] + [HST] + [shipping]).
Moon audio B Stock. Lcd xc is cheapest price I've seen for new with warranty.

Oct 13, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #3,469 of 4,127
Hi guy,
So what you guys think is the best closed back headphone available now ? LCD XC ?

Maybe the Focal Stellia.

Agreed. Prices are stupid in Toronto. It is a greedy-ass city. :frowning2:
I was lucky to pay no tax on mine. Paid an even 1700$ CAN. Feel it is totally worth it though. Still love my XC’s. Do a lot of late night listening with them.

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #3,470 of 4,127
Still love the sound but they don't isolate enough for a closed back.

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #3,472 of 4,127
Yeah they leak a bit, but it helps with their wide soundstage. Definitely not as annoyingly loud as the hd 800’s, so I’m grateful there.

That's the most important bit, it makes your purchase meaningful. Enjoy!

Hey my friend. You got it! I absolutely love them. Very smart purchase on my end, especially for how passionate I am about my musical sanctuary. Haven’t looked back since about 1 yr ago. I won’t sell them.

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #3,473 of 4,127

Yes indeed one of my favorites enjoying them most everyday..

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #3,474 of 4,127
Hey my friend. You got it! I absolutely love them. Very smart purchase on my end, especially for how passionate I am about my musical sanctuary. Haven’t looked back since about 1 yr ago. I won’t sell them.

Thanks. Many people would say that one year is a minimum to get to know a product really well, especially as complicated as top level cans. It takes A WHILE to know what works for them best.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 15, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #3,475 of 4,127
Crap, really? If you compare an XC with a Sony MDR7510 (ugly, plastic, old-timey coiled telephone cable to a 1/4in jack), will it prevent audio seepage if a spouse sits beside you?

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #3,476 of 4,127
Crap, really? If you compare an XC with a Sony MDR7510 (ugly, plastic, old-timey coiled telephone cable to a 1/4in jack), will it prevent audio seepage if a spouse sits beside you?
To drown out the TV I had to turn the volume way up, which meant my wife could hear my music and just turned the TV up even higher. It became a volume war...

There is something strange about the XCs design that almost seems to amplify external sounds. Plus they leak a lot.

I think the leakage comes from the backs of the cups (rather than the pads) which are screwed on but not really sealed in any way. Also, there's no sound-absorbent material inside the cups other than a bit of foam.

The XCs do sound exciting but isolation is hopeless imo.

After reading various reviews, I got a pair of ZMF Eikons and find them far more isolating, if not quite as exciting. That said, they sound really good, just different from XCs if that's what you're used to. The Eikons are more refined and put a lid on that screechy treble you sometimes get from XCs. They have great sub-bass but, overall, not as much bass as the XCs. ZMF Atticus might be a closer match to the XCs from what I've read though I've never demoed them.

Strangely, although they isolate better, both the Eikon and Atticus have holes cut in their cups.

I've now ordered the ZMF Verity Closed which is meant to isolate even more.

I would be surprised if Audeze did not re-design the XCs at some point to deal with this issue.

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:29 PM Post #3,477 of 4,127
To drown out the TV I had to turn the volume way up, which meant my wife could hear my music and just turned the TV up even higher. It became a volume war...

There is something strange about the XCs design that almost seems to amplify external sounds. Plus they leak a lot.

I think the leakage comes from the backs of the cups (rather than the pads) which are screwed on but not really sealed in any way. Also, there's no sound-absorbent material inside the cups other than a bit of foam.

The XCs do sound exciting but isolation is hopeless imo.

After reading various reviews, I got a pair of ZMF Eikons and find them far more isolating, if not quite as exciting. That said, they sound really good, just different from XCs if that's what you're used to. The Eikons are more refined and put a lid on that screechy treble you sometimes get from XCs. They have great sub-bass but, overall, not as much bass as the XCs. ZMF Atticus might be a closer match to the XCs from what I've read though I've never demoed them.

Strangely, although they isolate better, both the Eikon and Atticus have holes cut in their cups.

I've now ordered the ZMF Verity Closed which is meant to isolate even more.

I would be surprised if Audeze did not re-design the XCs at some point to deal with this issue.
Good info. Thanks.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #3,478 of 4,127
Idk if it's a good price but I've listed the 2016 LCD-XC up for sale. It's just barely used and basically perfect.

I've always wondered. Can you make the LCD-XC an open back lcd x if you remove the wood covers?

Well, I have the XCs (believe 2016) and recently got a pair of 2Cs. Curiosity got the better of me and I swapped the wood cups with the 2C grilles. Whether I now have a LCD X and a 2C closed or 2 completely different beasts I cant say but both sound very enjoyable post swap.

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #3,480 of 4,127
Well I think I've uploaded some pics. LCD 2C with XC cups and LCD XC without the C.
IMG_20191028_224105.jpg
IMG_20191028_224111.jpg
IMG_20191028_224124.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back