AUDEZE LCD XC
Dec 28, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #2,671 of 4,127
Happy to help.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #2,672 of 4,127
I have the 2016 driver lcd xc. It was too bright. I found c3audio and am now using their cardas cable. It toned down the brightness and made it warmer. They will do any length you want. I wanted 4 ft. Their pricing and customer service is excellent. On a side note I went with the silver dragon cable from moon audio for my lcd3s in order to brighten them up.

I just pulled the trigger on a DEMO -- 6' Cardas cable here.  The demo was $50 off so it was half the price of the Moon Black Dragon.  Hopefully, this warms my XC's up a bit without breaking the bank.  Thanks for the tip!

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #2,673 of 4,127
  I just pulled the trigger on a DEMO -- 6' Cardas cable here.  The demo was $50 off so it was half the price of the Moon Black Dragon.  Hopefully, this warms my XC's up a bit without breaking the bank.  Thanks for the tip!

Great!

Just noticed that Audeze is also selling the Blue Premium cable that ships with their LCD4. I wonder if someone can provide their input on it. 

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #2,674 of 4,127
Can someone please explain how a cable "warming up" a signal isn't anything other than horrible fidelity?

Shouldn't the cheapest of the cheap cables "warm up" things?

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #2,675 of 4,127
I have the 2016 driver lcd xc. It was too bright. I found c3audio and am now using their cardas cable. It toned down the brightness and made it warmer. They will do any length you want. I wanted 4 ft. Their pricing and customer service is excellent. On a side note I went with the silver dragon cable from moon audio for my lcd3s in order to brighten them up.

I have C3 balanced cables for both of my LCD's, they are really nice!

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #2,676 of 4,127
I got my C3 Cardas cable yesterday and have listened about 4 hours with it.  The difference is so amazing that I have a hard time believing it's just a cable upgrade.  I think there must be something wrong with my stock Audeze cable.  I'm sure the stock cable isn't top of the line but I believe it's the same one that comes with the LCD-2's and I never had a problem with it then. 

The treble on my XC's, depending on the recording, sounded harsh, overly bright to the point of distortion, which really took away any clarity you'd expect from a 1K+ headphone.  I tried the Vegan pads and it took a bit of the harshness away but wasn't an acceptable solution.  I believe the C3 Cardas cable is.  The XC's are showing FAR more clarity and detail than ever before.  More natural.  They are still brighter than I would ideally want, even a bit of sibilance on occasion, but now they are very enjoyable to listen to on everything I've tried.  The XC's finally sound like premium headphone to me.  I can listen to my Senn HD800S and switch to my XC's and they don't sound like garbage.

I notice now that the stock cable isn't as snug as the Cardas cable when it's plugged into my Burson Virtuoso/Conductor.  Perhaps it's just not getting proper connectivity?  Perhaps there is another fault with it, but the C3 cable has given me major improvement and well worth the purchase.

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:19 AM Post #2,678 of 4,127
  I got my C3 Cardas cable yesterday and have listened about 4 hours with it.  The difference is so amazing that I have a hard time believing it's just a cable upgrade.

Great news!

From my side, I'm still expecting to receive a balanced Silver Widow 25.5awg that I grabbed from eBay last week. I'll post my feedback once I have it.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:47 AM Post #2,679 of 4,127
Is it this?

http://www.c3audio.com/store/p15/Audeze_LCD_Headphone_Cable_--_CARDAS.html

Yes.  That is it.  Warning though, I have a feeling my stock cable was flawed.  I believe the C3 cable to be of high quality and an excellent value for the price.  However, I doubt very much I would have seen this kind of dramatic improvement if there wasn't something wrong with my stock cable.  I've heard over and over that cables are for getting that last couple percent.  Where my improvement was night and day.

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #2,680 of 4,127
Yes.  That is it.  Warning though, I have a feeling my stock cable was flawed.  I believe the C3 cable to be of high quality and an excellent value for the price.  However, I doubt very much I would have seen this kind of dramatic improvement if there wasn't something wrong with my stock cable.  I've heard over and over that cables are for getting that last couple percent.  Where my improvement was night and day.

That is very weird. Does it happen with both stock cables (balanced and single ended) ?

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #2,681 of 4,127
That is very weird. Does it happen with both stock cables (balanced and single ended) ?

Unfortunately, my DAC/Amp only has a 1/4" connection so I'm not sure about the 4 pin balanced cable.  I do know the singled ended cable I had for my LCD-2's was more than adequate, and I think the XC cable is the same one.

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #2,682 of 4,127
I'm looking for an aftermarket cable replacement for the LCD-XC (2016 drivers). I've been going through the options and came up with:

1- Nordost Heimdall 2
2- Toxic Cables Silver Widow
3- Moon Audio, the Silver Dragon or the Black Dragon

It's not an easy decision...

Does anyone have experience with these that can share? Any help would be appreciated.

I use the nordost heimdall for my focal utopias and they were a great upgrade cable from focals stock cable. I have the toxic cable on my LCD 3 now and not really in love with the cable compared to the nordost cable on the focals. The nordost cable sounds very balanced with decent bass punch without muddying the mids. I felt the toxic cable thinned out the sound a bit, great detail but the vocals became a little more hollow sounding, still good bass probably mostly the LCD's there though.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #2,683 of 4,127
I use the nordost heimdall for my focal utopias and they were a great upgrade cable from focals stock cable. I have the toxic cable on my LCD 3 now and not really in love with the cable compared to the nordost cable on the focals. The nordost cable sounds very balanced with decent bass punch without muddying the mids. I felt the toxic cable thinned out the sound a bit, great detail but the vocals became a little more hollow sounding, still good bass probably mostly the LCD's there though.

I was very close to buy the Nordost cable, but the opportunity came up and I moved forward with the Silver Widow. I'm looking forward to hear it with the LCD-XC, hope they match well.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:23 PM Post #2,684 of 4,127
Unfortunately, my DAC/Amp only has a 1/4" connection so I'm not sure about the 4 pin balanced cable.  I do know the singled ended cable I had for my LCD-2's was more than adequate, and I think the XC cable is the same one.

Yes, the single ended cable is the same on the lcd's. If you have the chance to buy a 4 pin XLR female to 1/4" cable adapter, you'll be able to hear how the 4 pin balanced cable sound with your setup. I actually ordered one of this adapters (though 3.5mm terminated) from Toxic Cables to be able to use the same cable in both my setups.

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #2,685 of 4,127
I was very close to buy the Nordost cable, but the opportunity came up and I moved forward with the Silver Widow. I'm looking forward to hear it with the LCD-XC, hope they match well.

I hope you enjoy them, I liked the silver widow a lot until I heard the nordost but it's also a very different headphone I'm using the nordost on, so not an apples to apples comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back