AUDEZE LCD XC
Jun 10, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #3,287 of 4,127
Got my new LCD-XC came in a few days ago, and bought a shock/proof case just to "completing the package"
20190610_185734.jpg 20190610_190008.jpg

Jun 10, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #3,289 of 4,127
Wow not much action on this thread lately. Are people still liking these XC’s anymore? Was considering getting a pair as a companion to my CB’s.

Jun 10, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #3,291 of 4,127
I have a feeling that we're all enjoying them :)
Ha, but not much activity here for almost two months until today. I was beginning to wonder if they discontinued these and nobody told me!

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #3,296 of 4,127
I had no idea one could get different colors mine for the 2's & 3's was always black, the yellow is way nicer..

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #3,297 of 4,127
This is the case model I bought: https://www.b-w-international.com/product/type-2000/

It is smaller than the stock Audeze case, with inner width just enough accommodating the retracted headband. I like the more compact size and yellow color. The cost is only USD30 equivalent.

Jun 12, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #3,298 of 4,127
Wow not much action on this thread lately. Are people still liking these XC’s anymore? Was considering getting a pair as a companion to my CB’s.

Hey man! I can still say I absolutely adore my XC’s after 5 months of ownership. For me, they still sound warm as hell and I love the mid bass extension. I feel they compliment my HD 800’s very well. Sometimes I listen to one album twice in a row to party Back to back with both headphones.
XC’s really gave me the touch of warmth I was looking for. I’ll be keeping the XC’s for years to come. No complaints and I feel they sit well with their price tag.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #3,299 of 4,127
Hey man! I can still say I absolutely adore my XC’s after 5 months of ownership. For me, they still sound warm as hell and I love the mid bass extension. I feel they compliment my HD 800’s very well. Sometimes I listen to one album twice in a row to party Back to back with both headphones.
XC’s really gave me the touch of warmth I was looking for. I’ll be keeping the XC’s for years to come. No complaints and I feel they sit well with their price tag.
Wow, you are one of the few that have described the XC as being warm. I didn’t think anyone was into them anymore as I see very little talk about them anymore.

Jun 12, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #3,300 of 4,127
Wow, you are one of the few that have described the XC as being warm. I didn’t think anyone was into them anymore as I see very little talk about them anymore.
Yeah, warm isn't the word I'd use to describe them. However, I also own a pair of LCD-3's which are known to be warm like nacho cheese.

It took a few weeks for my ears to break into the different sound of the XC's—they were bright and harsh. A quick call to Audeze is all it took as they reassured me that it was my ears that were wrong (my paraphrasing) since the sound signatures, and design intentions, of the two headphones were different. After the first initial month of listening, the XC's have become my favorite and get way more wear time than my 3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back