AUDEZE LCD XC
Aug 4, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #1,576 of 4,127
@kothganesh, did you have a change of heart between the following two posts?

Quote:

My question is whether the Mjolnir would be a good amp to go with the XC?

One word: Awesome, IMO (ok two words). Interesting you don't pair the Gungnir with the Mojo. That's as close to a perfect pairing as you can get.

Quote:

I have the Mjolnir and Gungnir on loan and they just don't mesh with the XC as well as my Oppo HA-1 by itself.  I agree with the user who said the Schiit rig was too harsh.

I have the Gungnir/Mojo stack and while they meshed very well with the LCD 2.2 and 3, I kinda wince when I use the XC. I think I've solved it by using the XC with a tube amp.

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #1,577 of 4,127

BM,

this shows my going back and forth on the amp selection for the XC. I've been looking at my recordings as well. I did notice that recordings that lean more on the sibilant side are made worse with the G/M stack. The tube amp (Zana Deux in my case) made it tolerable. But then there are others (fortunately most of them) which sound just awesome with the G/M. 

I am sorry if both posts are seemingly contradictory but its really a question of cleaning up the source recordings (or deleting the offending recording).

It's nice to have the option to use both amps though. I do go back to my experience with the LCD 2.2 and 3. The 2.2 sounded best (IMO) with the Lyr while the LCD-3 was much better with the Mojo.

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #1,579 of 4,127
Just ordered mine. I cant wait to get it.
dt880smile.png

Aug 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #1,580 of 4,127
  Just ordered mine. I cant wait to get it.
dt880smile.png

You won't regret it, unless the weight is an issue. The SQ, comfort and isolation are excellent. Also, they work with any amp you connect them to.

Aug 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #1,581 of 4,127
Aug 6, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #1,583 of 4,127
  how long will it take to get burned in. What music is best for this process.

I found I needed about 200 hours or so. Music with the widest range of frequencies and dynamics is generally best ... I would suggest orchestral music, but if you are not a fan of classical, just play what you like the most and know improvements will come.

I love my XCs, the best headphones I've ever owned and I've owned at least a couple dozen over the years.

Aug 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #1,584 of 4,127
Well I have no willpower.

Aug 7, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #1,586 of 4,127
What does one mean when they say these are mid-range? Are they any less in resolution than the flagships? Not simply a different sound signature?

Aug 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,588 of 4,127
  One of the best mid range ever. Price is keeping me from buying now, but next year these phones should grace my shelf alongside Beyer T1. 

I agree!

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #1,590 of 4,127
  There have been a few deals on open box items... it makes it a little less crazy expensive.

If anyone lives in northern CA, the California Audio Show is happening on August 15-17 near SFO. Audeze will be there and they generally offer a nice show discount. A&K too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back