Audeze LCD-X
Aug 1, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #12,287 of 12,748
You can easily check if it's a cable related issue simply by switching cable sides. Connect L to the R and if the issue is still there, it's not the cable. It might be the jack tho...
Did that, and it changed the image a little which is why we are going down the cable route first to eliminate it. But, I have a strong feeling that it's driver related.

Aug 2, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #12,288 of 12,748
A fairly new lcd-x owner reporting in (2019 model). Have not tried other audeze model - yet, but it is indeed very enjoyable listening to lcd-x.

Hq1baA0.jpg

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #12,290 of 12,748
Has anyone experienced a sound quality increase with aftermarket cables? It'd be great to know which ones!
I tired two brands:

1) Hart Audio Cables: Great quality and customization options. Nice cost to quality ratio.

2) Forza Audio Works Cables: Flashy specs description of what the wires are mode of (Hybrid HPC). the quality is top notch.

When it comes to sound, all sound the same with the LCDX (2015 model) that i have.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Aug 5, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #12,291 of 12,748
When it comes to sound, all sound the same with the LCDX (2015 model) that i have.
I find great comfort particularly on this statement - my wallet is spared 😂😂😂

Aug 5, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #12,292 of 12,748
I tired two brands:

1) Hart Audio Cables: Great quality and customization options. Nice cost to quality ratio.

2) Forza Audio Works Cables: Flashy specs description of what the wires are mode of (Hybrid HPC). the quality is top notch.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:
Do you mean all sound the same compared to the stock cables supplied with LCD headphones? If so, my wallet is spared too. :beyersmile:

Aug 5, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #12,295 of 12,748
I notice improvement with better quality aftermarket cables. I went nuts with cables but in reality a good quality relatively inexpensive cable is sufficient.
I guess if we are looking for a aftermarket cables due to different needs of sockets (balanced / unbalanced / xlr / 1/4" etc), no harm to opt for those good quality cables. I do agree sometimes cables does make a good visual impact which makes you feel good..

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #12,296 of 12,748
Yes, i confirm, even to the stock cables that came with my LCDX (cables are also from 2015 original).

Sorry I can't help to ask.. Is that a stabilized wood ZMF VC in your display pic with ZMF stand? I owned a pair of VC as well which I think LCD-X compliments well whenever I need the extra kick. Geez it looks really good displaying both cans using that stand..

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #12,297 of 12,748
Sorry I can't help to ask.. Is that a stabilized wood ZMF VC in your display pic with ZMF stand? I owned a pair of VC as well which I think LCD-X compliments well whenever I need the extra kick. Geez it looks really good displaying both cans using that stand..
Yes, that's a stabilized VC (Desert Purple) from the first batch (i think). The LCDX complements with the open back sound signature. I even added an LCD4 (Ironwood) to them, but still, the LCDX has its own magic and flow.

Aug 6, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #12,299 of 12,748
I've just switched to the Dekoni Sheepskin pads and I've got to say...10 times better comfort, at least for my ears. The new cell foam pads are just to squishy and ears touching the fazors was very uncomfortable. It was this or either sell them

PXL_20210806_102827766.jpg
Any changes to tonality compared to the new Audeze pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back