Audeze LCD-X
Oct 28, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #9,661 of 12,748
Is there any difference build-wise and sound-wise with the regular LCD-X besides the naming and the lack of a travel case?

I'm hoping to pair an LCD-X with my Taurus MKII for classical and pop.
I don't think there's a difference. Like someone had mentioned, if you've got the money...... And as for the Taurus MKII, it definitely does sound a lot better to my ears in balanced mode as opposed to single ended

Oct 29, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #9,663 of 12,748
Well, the right driver on my LCD-X blew out two weeks ago, and I'm finally going to get them back this Wednesday. It was out of warranty too, so I'm hoping that the newest drivers will actually improve sound quality (or at least not die on me!).

Anyone here get to try multiple revisions of the LCD-X?

Oct 29, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #9,664 of 12,748
Well, the right driver on my LCD-X blew out two weeks ago, and I'm finally going to get them back this Wednesday. It was out of warranty too, so I'm hoping that the newest drivers will actually improve sound quality (or at least not die on me!).

That begs the question on if they just replace the faulty one or give you two new ones (or just send a new set completely). I know that they didn't fix my Deckard, I just got a replacement.

Oct 29, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #9,665 of 12,748

How much does a driver repair on the LCDx run? I think the LCD-2 was at like $250.

Oct 29, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #9,667 of 12,748
That begs the question on if they just replace the faulty one or give you two new ones (or just send a new set completely). I know that they didn't fix my Deckard, I just got a replacement.

Ha, I definitely wouldn't mind if they replaced the pads while they were at it. From the conversation I had with Audeze support, they replace both drivers to ensure proper matching between them (which makes sense to me), so I'm guessing that's the same between all of the LCD lineup. For driver repair, I was quoted $500 and took it because I'm an idiot and I missed listening to them. That might just be the new price they're trying to push onto people, and since I bought the LCD-X used I just kinda took it as a karmaic delayed payment for full price.

Oct 29, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #9,668 of 12,748
Ha, I definitely wouldn't mind if they replaced the pads while they were at it. From the conversation I had with Audeze support, they replace both drivers to ensure proper matching between them (which makes sense to me), so I'm guessing that's the same between all of the LCD lineup. For driver repair, I was quoted $500 and took it because I'm an idiot and I missed listening to them. That might just be the new price they're trying to push onto people, and since I bought the LCD-X used I just kinda took it as a karmaic delayed payment for full price.
500? I thought it was 325 for the x and xc...

Oct 29, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #9,671 of 12,748
And they want us to keep buying their friggin' phones? Doubling the price on servicing them in less than a year?

In fairness, we don't know why. Audeze ain't exactly Sony or Apple, it's possible that as their lineup keeps expanding they're cutting profit margins thinner and need to recoup somewhere.

Keep in mind, my general enthusiasm has waned a bit now that I'm literally two-for-two of Audeze products purchased in the last five months needing to get repairs, so I'm not just being blindly apologetic for the brand.

Oct 29, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #9,672 of 12,748
Oct 29, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #9,673 of 12,748
In fairness, we don't know why. Audeze ain't exactly Sony or Apple, it's possible that as their lineup keeps expanding they're cutting profit margins thinner and need to recoup somewhere.

Keep in mind, my general enthusiasm has waned a bit now that I'm literally two-for-two of Audeze products purchased in the last five months needing to get repairs, so I'm not just being blindly apologetic for the brand.
Understandable. And I've not had any failure yet. But, my livelyhood is grinding to a halt, and $500.00 Mericun is virtually wheelbarrow in Canuk money. It conserns me that I may be stuck with unfixable HPs, with the price of repair skyrocketing. Audeze may have their troubles, I've got mine. Just the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back