Audeze LCD-X
Jan 16, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #8,776 of 12,748

I'd say the LCD-X is designed to be more neutral from a brand that is typically know to have a darker house sound.  i haven't done a formal sound comparison between the two, but the elear struck me as more dynamic, probably smoother frequency response across the range.  I don't think I'm a basshead per se, but I did really like the bass on the LCD-X

Yeah, the bass of the LCD-X is pretty tough to match.  It's not overpowering by any means (as in basshead headphones).  It's just able to teach very low with very tight control, resulting in very articulate and heavy-hitting, yet accurate bass.

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #8,777 of 12,748
Music Direct has been very easy to work with over the years plus they have a 60 day return policy (which I've used several times comparing DAC's etc) . Demo's are 99% new too at great prices.

No affiliation just a happy customer

Jan 16, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #8,778 of 12,748
Bought my LCD X's from them, took care of me.

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #8,779 of 12,748
Hi,

I am a new member of the LCD X CLUB.

It is my first day trying them, I really like the sound signature, coming from the He 400i's.

I do have a massive problem with the X, If I can't fix it I will be forced to sell them :frowning2:

Before buying them I was afraid that their weight will be too much for my head, I am happy to say that my neck doesn't hurt at all.

The problem is with my ears. I don't know if it's the fazor, But something about or in the ear cups pressures against my ears (I think against the tips of my ears).

I looked up a picture of an ear, This ear resembles my ear, I circled with my Picasso skills the most painful area in my right ear (The pain is much more severe with my right ear.)

CLICK TO ENLARGE.

I can feel the pressure minutes after putting the headphones on.

I tried to change the fit and the way the headphones sit on my head, It helped reduce the pain while wearing the headphones, But after taking them off I suddenly felt that extreme pain again (ESPECIALLY MY RIGHT EAR).

Did any of you experience this kind of problem?

Will changing the pads / headband work?

I really like the sound of the X's, I want to keep learning about their sound signature  but If I can't fix this problem I will be forced to let them go, The pain is unbearable. 

I never thought the problem will be with the cups / giant pads :frowning2:

Thanks,

Daniel.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #8,780 of 12,748
  Hi,

It is my first day trying them, I really like the sound signature, coming from the He 400i's.

I do have a massive problem with the X, If I can't fix it I will be forced to sell them :frowning2:

Before buying them I was afraid that their weight will be too much for my head, I am happy to say that my neck doesn't hurt at all.

The problem is with my ears. I don't know if it's the fazor, But something about or in the ear cups pressures against my ears (I think against the tips of my ears).

I looked up a picture of an ear, This ear resembles my ear, I circled with my Picasso skills the most painful area in my right ear (The pain is much more severe with my right ear.)

/snip

Sorry to hear about the pain. It sounds like you might have a problem with the fazor touching your ear. Someone posted about this earlier in the thread-- contact Audeze to see if they can help:

Audeze send a free kit that fixes the ear touching fazor problem. It is a packer that fits on the inside ear pads like a wedge between the pads and the driver. Users say it works.  
Just contact them if you have a issue.

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #8,781 of 12,748

I tried to change the fit and the way the headphones sit on my head, It helped reduce the pain while wearing the headphones, But after taking them off I suddenly felt that extreme pain again (ESPECIALLY MY RIGHT EAR).

I've had this once, and it seemed to be connected to wearing my glasses. Do you wear glasses?

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #8,783 of 12,748
thanks i figured it out...there was some condensation on the right driver traces so I also cleaned that up. The driver is massive, not just the part covered by the magnets, actually extends all the way around the cup. Explains the very full bass.

Jan 19, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #8,784 of 12,748

Sorry to hear about the pain. It sounds like you might have a problem with the fazor touching your ear. Someone posted about this earlier in the thread-- contact Audeze to see if they can help:

Will do so :)

I will try to find the comment.
  I've had this once, and it seemed to be connected to wearing my glasses. Do you wear glasses?

No glasses.
  there is space behind the pad on the inside where you can slide in a foam ring to see if it helps give a bit more space 

Thank you all for replying,

I confirmed in, It's indeed the fazor touching my ears. I can't really change it by moving the headphone around my ears.

Do you guys think changing the pads to leather free pads will help?

Is there a big difference between the leather and the non - leather pads?

Thanks,

Daniel.

Jan 19, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #8,785 of 12,748

Will do so :)

I will try to find the comment.
No glasses.
Thank you all for replying,

I confirmed in, It's indeed the fazor touching my ears. I can't really change it by moving the headphone around my ears.

Do you guys think changing the pads to leather free pads will help?

Is there a big difference between the leather and the non - leather pads?

Thanks,

Daniel.

the vegan pads are a lot more comfortable but what i think will improve your situation most is to get an old wetsuit or some similar neoprene material of about 3 mil or more thickness and cut a ring to slide between the pads and the drivers on the inside.  should give you the clearance you need. once you fix the fazor touching then give a try with the vegan pads as well to improve the comfort even more.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #8,786 of 12,748
Look about 5 posts up.  Audeze has a free kit that includes material to wedge between the drivers and the pads to create more distance between the inside of the cups and your pinnae.  That should take care of it.  Just contact the customer service website.

Jan 19, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #8,787 of 12,748
Hi,

CLICK TO ENLARGE.

Will changing the pads / headband work?

I really like the sound of the X's, I want to keep learning about their sound signature  but If I can't fix this problem I will be forced to let them go, The pain is unbearable. 

I never thought the problem will be with the cups / giant pads :frowning2:

Thanks,

Daniel.

I have had this issue. I tore up cotton balls into long smoothish strips and stuffed the inside of the cup until little pulled the fazors away. I used 4 cotton balls I belive and did not notice any change in sound.

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #8,790 of 12,748
LCD X vs Ether Flow vs HE1000 vs Elear for classical? 

What about electronic?

HD800 or HD800S for classical, for electronic, something that still images really well, but maybe has a bit more bass or fun factor, notably mid bass might help, so perhaps T1, LCDX, MDR-Z1R etc.

From what I've read the Elear and HE1000 don't quite have the same bass quantity (not detail) so might not be as enjoyable for that sort of music. But I always find it's more of an album to album thing than genre to genre, with different headphones trading blows with different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back