Audeze LCD-X
Dec 23, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #8,761 of 12,748

Yes, I'm trying one more time since I discovered that PayPal has a limit. If not I'm going with RazorDog!

You are more or a glutton for punishment than I am. LOL

I'd just go straight to RazorDog. Write to him or call and explain your situation. I did, and he could not have been nicer.

On smaller things, like the vegan ear pads, I bought straight from Audeze and it went through fine. 

As much as I like Audeze, (and I LOVE my LCD-X), I am leary of them for ordering and quality control. They have always made things right with me, but precision in fulfillment is not one of their strong suits. They are small, so I give them lots of room and they have lived up to their promises. Ordering is something I just struggle with. My peace of mind is more important, so I eliminate any bottlenecks where ever I can.

Good luck.

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #8,763 of 12,748

Well, it's been a month already since the b-stock sale when the Audeze romance started. I think I tried 7 different methods of payment so far.

I'm being so persistent because I have the 999$ offer for the X's, something RazorDog or anything else cannot beat. But still, the last PayPal purchase was rejected one more time, and this time the money was charged. That makes 3 credit cards, from me and some patient relatives, with 1100$ frozen each.

I'm juggling with my cards trying to avoid rejection but It's been impossible so far.

Audeze it's not helping at all. They left me to deal with the problem without any solution or even instructions how to avoid being tagged as a false positive by Riskified. They should have a shortcut to this kind of cases. I just want to pay. It's so ridiculous this is happening.

I buy a lot of things online, even from China, and this has been the worst experience by far.

Thanks for the cheering though :)

You're welcome. And you're right. $999 is not beatable. 

Here's a thought... maybe a bank wire? You might ask Audeze if that is a possible way around this issue. 

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #8,765 of 12,748

I already asked many times today being the last. I think there should be several ways of fulfilling the purchase, a PayPal invoice from them, a bank account, a flying pigeon, but no solution so far. 

They extended the coupon three times already but also told me this was the last time doing so. I guess that's how to stop the problem.

That is sad indeed.

Seems that what they are doing is avoiding charge backs and fraud. And I completely understand that. But a bank wire would not cause them any problems. I guess each company has their procedures. Just sad when you really want something and it is hard to get.

If you can figure out how to get one, the LCD-X is a great headphone. And Audeze is normally pretty good about standing by their word. Just a bit of a grey zone in the middle when it comes to ordering. I do hope you get it figured out.

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #8,766 of 12,748
That is sad indeed.

Seems that what they are doing is avoiding charge backs and fraud. And I completely understand that. But a bank wire would not cause them any problems. I guess each company has their procedures. Just sad when you really want something and it is hard to get.

If you can figure out how to get one, the LCD-X is a great headphone. And Audeze is normally pretty good about standing by their word. Just a bit of a grey zone in the middle when it comes to ordering. I do hope you get it figured out.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #8,767 of 12,748
In case anyone is looking to pick up a pair of LCD-X, I stumbled upon this demo sale for $1000: http://stereodesk.com/collections/demos-and-deals/products/copy-of-cyber-monday-audeze-lcd-x-very-low-miles-1

(No affiliation, just passing along the deal.)

Dec 30, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #8,768 of 12,748
  In case anyone is looking to pick up a pair of LCD-X, I stumbled upon this demo sale for $1000: http://stereodesk.com/collections/demos-and-deals/products/copy-of-cyber-monday-audeze-lcd-x-very-low-miles-1

(No affiliation, just passing along the deal.)

Thanks! I'm going to contact them to have more details.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #8,769 of 12,748

I really think the X's are an endgame for me. Full price is just too much money to let go right now, I do have to pay other things.
The offer came right on time.

Thanks again for your words! This seems to be the only place I can complain and be fully understood haha

Yet, first world problems, so no worries.

I wasn't willing to pay full price for a pair either.  Of course, I could have, but the head-fi classified section is full of 'good people'.  I got a pair of 2016 year LCD-X that might as well have been new.  They were just a few months old at the time, had hardly any hours on them, and cost close to an even grand.  

For that money, I don't think you will find better.  Well...... I might retract that a bit.  I did put the Focal Elear up against the LCD-X, and let me just say I REALLY like the Elear.  I don't think it won, per so.. no, it really didn't. BUT... for the price its killer.  The Elear is so musical.  But, this is an LCD-X thread, so back to that.  

OKAY, so I just freaked myself out!!!!  Super cold, and super dry here.  Have been doing some listening via the LCD-X's.  I have a long aftermarket headphone cable, say, around 12 feet.  The outer jacket is cloth like.  The cable had coiled up.  While I was uncoiling it, the cloth started rubbing against itself, creating friction and STATIC DISCHARGE!!  OH MAN, I could hear it through my drivers, and even worse than that, I could FEEL it in my ears and head!!!  Probably a good second or two of discharge. 

And now me, being the perfectionist freak I am, am worried about the headphones.  I already worry about them when its too HUMID, as when I sweat the drivers tend to flex and make a 'crinkle' sound as they move.  So I guess I am going to now need and make sure that things are neither too dry or humid for my babies... haha.  Like I said, LOVE the LCD-X, but man its finicky...

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #8,770 of 12,748
Yikes!!

Can possibly make a case for a humidifier and shorter cable.  But, really, static electricity can be dangerous and pack a wallop!

Be safe,
RCB

Jan 8, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #8,771 of 12,748
So you really like the X's better than the Elear?  A detailed comparison would be appreciated.  Seems like those two phones are trying to do the same thing.

Jan 8, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #8,772 of 12,748
haven't put my X on for a long time.  mostly because i had neck surgery a year ago and for the past year everything heavier then my head has been uncomfortable.  Feeling a bit better finally I decided to fire up the WA7 tonight and wow, just wow.  I totally forgot how amazing the X are.  Hearing new things in music I have listened to thousands of times before.  Just got to remember to take it easy.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #8,773 of 12,748
  So you really like the X's better than the Elear?  A detailed comparison would be appreciated.  Seems like those two phones are trying to do the same thing.

I would love to read any comparison between LCD-X and Focal ELEAR!!!

popcorn.gif

Jan 11, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #8,774 of 12,748
Hmm I don't know.  I have only spent a bit of time with the Elear, but it was very clearly designed to be a warm headphone.  The LCD-X is designed to be pretty neutral.  I don't want to say that one is better than the other, but I really don't think they were designed to do the same thing.

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #8,775 of 12,748
  Hmm I don't know.  I have only spent a bit of time with the Elear, but it was very clearly designed to be a warm headphone.  The LCD-X is designed to be pretty neutral.  I don't want to say that one is better than the other, but I really don't think they were designed to do the same thing.

I'd say the LCD-X is designed to be more neutral from a brand that is typically know to have a darker house sound.  i haven't done a formal sound comparison between the two, but the elear struck me as more dynamic, probably smoother frequency response across the range.  I don't think I'm a basshead per se, but I did really like the bass on the LCD-X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back