Audeze LCD-X
Aug 24, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #6,872 of 12,748
I got the extended yokes. I was worried because my head is gigantic (wear a size 8 New Era cap if that means anything to you). I have about 4 notches on the extended yokes, so I might not even need the extended versions to be honest. The Lohb pad is well worth the money.

Thanks bro...just sent Lohb a few bucks. I dont mind the weight at all, but Ive come to appreciate the suspension straps on my other headphones, why not give this a go right?

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #6,873 of 12,748
I'm holding off on the strap hoping Audeze will release a strap upgrade that is a perfect match (and perhaps even lighter for example the one showed off with the Z using carbon fiber).

Im really surprised they havent done so thus far...seems the number of people who take issue with the weight of their headphones would easily justify some sort of strap or other option to offset that criticism.

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #6,874 of 12,748
Im really surprised they havent done so thus far...seems the number of people who take issue with the weight of their headphones would easily justify some sort of strap or other option to offset that criticism.

They're saving it for the next flagship, of course. To give us an added incentive to upgrade :wink:

Aug 24, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #6,875 of 12,748
Thanks bro...just sent Lohb a few bucks. I dont mind the weight at all, but Ive come to appreciate the suspension straps on my other headphones, why not give this a go right?

Absolutely. They feel much more comfy with the pad. The stock Audeze headband isn't bad, but the Lohb pad distributes the weight much more evenly. I was surprised at the difference.

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:56 PM Post #6,877 of 12,748
They're saving it for the next flagship, of course. To give us an added incentive to upgrade
wink.gif

They're saving it for a day after I buy the other one, whatever that is :wink:

Have to admit I had quite some top of the head pressure pain after taking my XC off after 4 hours at work yesterday.  A carbon fiber comfort kit would really help me enjoy the rest of what the LCD have to offer...

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #6,878 of 12,748
I want to report a pretty spectacular update.

Though to some of you, I'm sure it will come as no surprise.

Let me review what brought me to this point.

I bought my LCD-X's almost 6 months ago. I use them many hours every day. As much as 10 - 12 hours. The cords on my 1/4" plug cable wore thin and the left side stopped working.

It really upset me. These are very high end headphones and this shouldn't happen, in my opinion. However, as we all know, schite happens from time-to-time. Still, after reading all the problems from the LCD-3 drivers failing, I was concerned. 

So I wrote a nice email to Audeze and let them know what happened. I sent a couple of pictures in to show them the issue. Then I braced myself for their response. I was hoping they wouldn't make me send the cables to them as it would cost me at least $75 in shipping from where I am. 

What a pleasant surprise when I got the email from Kim in their customer service. It was short and to the point. They apologized and said they would immediately put a new cable in the mail to me. 

I have not had to use their customer service before to deal with a problem, but I definitely feel better. Much better.

Sometimes you don't know how good a company is until you have a problem. This has restored my faith.

I still believe it is important to report everything... good, bad or otherwise. And it is important to give credit where it is due. And it is due here.

Thank you Audeze.

(Ok @fokker go ahead and say I told you so.)

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #6,879 of 12,748
Does the Woo Audio WA6 pair well with the X?

Aug 26, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #6,880 of 12,748

I bought my LCD-X's almost 6 months ago. I use them many hours every day. As much as 10 - 12 hours. The cords on my 1/4" plug cable wore thin and the left side stopped working.

It really upset me. These are very high end headphones and this shouldn't happen, in my opinion. However, as we all know, schite happens from time-to-time. Still, after reading all the problems from the LCD-3 drivers failing, I was concerned. 

So I wrote a nice email to Audeze and let them know what happened. I sent a couple of pictures in to show them the issue. Then I braced myself for their response. I was hoping they wouldn't make me send the cables to them as it would cost me at least $75 in shipping from where I am. 

What a pleasant surprise when I got the email from Kim in their customer service. It was short and to the point. They apologized and said they would immediately put a new cable in the mail to me. 

I have not had to use their customer service before to deal with a problem, but I definitely feel better. Much better.

Sometimes you don't know how good a company is until you have a problem. This has restored my faith.

I still believe it is important to report everything... good, bad or otherwise. And it is important to give credit where it is due. And it is due here.

Thank you Audeze.

(Ok @fokker go ahead and say I told you so.)

That's great news - thanks for sharing it with us.
I also believe it's important to share product performance information with the suppliers.  Good suppliers highly value that info - it's direct feedback from their customers.  Sometimes there are weak components, or design changes that have to be made to the product.  

Aug 26, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #6,881 of 12,748

I bought my LCD-X's almost 6 months ago. I use them many hours every day. As much as 10 - 12 hours. 

You work with the LCD-X I assume? Do you find the extremely immersive sound to not be distracting? I can hardly surf the web effectively with these on 

Aug 26, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #6,882 of 12,748

Thank you Audeze.

(Ok @fokker
 go ahead and say I told you so.)
Great stuff. I've spoken to Kim on a couple
of occasions. Very polite lady.
Their product failed their promise and they did what was necessary without any hesitation. That is exactly the way it should be. I'm happy to invest in a company that handles issues like that. And I'll go out of my way to tell others about it too.

Aug 26, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #6,883 of 12,748

You work with the LCD-X I assume? Do you find the extremely immersive sound to not be distracting? I can hardly surf the web effectively with these on 

Yes, LCD-X. You know, I've gotten used to them. My computer audio is routed through them so I use them for phone calls and everything. I have low level audio playing through them as well most of the time. But a few minutes before I saw this post the song Rong came on by Royksopp, their The Inevitable End album. All of a sudden, my attention was firmly placed on the music, and words... "What the Fok is wrong with you", repeated over and over. I burst out laughing... Then read your post. So yeah, sometimes they really suck me in.

Great stuff. I've spoken to Kim on a couple
of occasions. Very polite lady.
Their product failed their promise and they did what was necessary without any hesitation. That is exactly the way it should be. I'm happy to invest in a company that handles issues like that. And I'll go out of my way to tell others about it too.

Precisely as I see it. Kim was fantastic.

My dad posed a question to me when I was about 13. He said two men get a loan from a bank. One guy pays it back as scheduled. The other one has a problem. He contacts the bank in advance, tells them he will have to pay less for 90 days then will pay more for 90 days and then pay off the loan as scheduled. He asked which the bank would rather do business with again? I assumed it was the guy who paid as scheduled. (Remember this was back in 1972, when relationships with banks mattered and you were more than just a number.) My dad said no, it is the guy who had a problem but notified the bank in advance, came up with a plan, followed through and made it right. The bank will never wonder if something bad happens to the guy, if they will be stiffed. It was a powerful lesson for me. 

And the promise inherent in a very high end headphone product is superior everything - sound, quality and service. And the way they handled it built a lot of confidence in me. I had a bit of an unfortunate interaction with them as I was considering my initial purchase so still had some resentment I think. But what they have done here is 100% right and deserves much credit. It has had a very positive impact on me. It restored my faith in them and my excitement in being an Audeze headphone owner.

Now I can't wait for their Z headphones to come out. I just can't imagine anything much better than the LCD-X's that I have. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #6,885 of 12,748

Anyone? Any suggestions for a compact travel case?

My friend has that case and I tried it with my X. It fits though I feel like it's way too huge. I own this, it fits the X though I kinda worry about the headband.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4XZ0S2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back