Audeze LCD-X
Aug 22, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #6,856 of 12,748
  @SuperU - My apologies if I came across the wrong way, I'll shamelessly blame it on English being my third language. Yup, customs can be a challenging experience at the best of times - worse still if they charge full tax on the same product over and over - I'd be reluctant to buy anything less solid -or more advanced- than an anvil from abroad if that was the case here!

Norway can be quite nice on a good day. If you're ever in the neighbourhood, please do drop in for a tea/coffee/beer/whisky and some listening. :)

You didn't come off wrong at all. I appreciate your thoughts. I only wished Central America worked the same way Norway does. 

lf/when I get there, I will definitely stop by for some coffee, conversation and listening.

By the way, if this is how well you write in your 3rd language, it is pretty darn great. I would not have known had you not said something. I'm working hard on my 2nd. Don't know if I will try for a 3rd. 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #6,857 of 12,748
That is a very kind offer. Thank you for that. 

The problem is with the single ended cable where the cable enters the plug on the left ear (just prior to the left plug). The adapter 1/4 inch to miniplug adapter also has problems.

Let me contact them first. I'm hoping (and believing) that they will solve this.

It is interesting to see that a number of people have had this same issue. Looks I'm not alone on this. I'm glad I brought this up here. Though I might have waited to write after I was less agitated. I do believe it is important to share these issues with the community as I believe it serves to keep things positively improving.

Thanks again. Your offer is very generous.

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #6,858 of 12,748
Actions definitely speak louder than words. Thats why I balance the feedback on a forum like head-fi by contacting the COMPANY. Last I checked, only one of us had yet to actually take *that* action.

Well, let's see:

1. I did look on their website for the quote you referenced - couldn't find it. I did ask for the link. Nothing.

2. I said I would contact them. That I was simply disappointed and frustrated that I now find myself in the group of people with a problem. 

Looks like again, your logic fails you. 

I've also written repeatedly that I genuinely like my LCD-X's and that I think Audeze is a good company. And I've expressed that it upset me with what happened yesterday with my cable. Seems pretty balanced. Knowing everything I know, including the problem I've had, I would buy the LCD-X again. Though I would not yet buy the LCD-3 due to the ongoing problems. I've continued to say the same thing.

You tired of having your ass handed to you repeatedly yet? Seriously, your schitck is getting old. Believe as you will. I will as well. And like I've said, no matter how you slice, dice or try unsuccessfully to spin this, there is simply no excuse for a $1600 pair of headphones having a cable problem. I fully expect that they will make it right. Yet, in my opinion, there is simply no excuse for this.

Just leave it at that. You of all people will not change my opinion of what I believe to be acceptable. And you are not going to serve as what I believe the right course of action should be.

Most probably on whatever other theme, we would have no disagreement. (I guess that will be left to be seen.) On the points I have made, I will not deviate. So there we go.

In the time it took to make that post, you could have called Audeze and had your replacement processed and on the way.

Your cable broke - things happen, even on $1600 headphones. Do you actually want it replaced or just looking to stir up some drama?

Aug 22, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #6,859 of 12,748
In the time it took to make that post, you could have called Audeze and had your replacement processed and on the way.

Your cable broke - things happen, even on $1600 headphones. Do you actually want it replaced or just looking to stir up some drama?

It did indeed take a few minutes to make these posts. 

Of course, I would like the cable replaced. And I also want to see the quality improve. I think it is important, at least for me, in a "keeping it real" kind of way, to share my experience and read the experiences of others.

I did not invite comment on why I did what I did. I still believe it was the right thing to do. And I will equally be vocal about their response. Fair is fair. If they do right, I will sing their praises - as I did a bit ago when I praised them for including extra sticky rings in my order for free.

It is not right, in my opinion, to only complain or sing praises. I'd rather share my experiences overall. 

So yes, I want my cable replaced, and I want to share my experiences - good and bad. That to me is the usefulness of these forums.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #6,860 of 12,748
Audeze customer service has always been a stellar experience for me... both of my LCD-X and XC headphones are still rocking hard after almost 2 years in now... no complaints whatsoever i only wish they got their rear end in gear delivering the Z 
o2smile.gif

Aug 22, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #6,861 of 12,748
  Audeze customer service has always been a stellar experience for me... both of my LCD-X and XC headphones are still rocking hard after almost 2 years in now... no complaints whatsoever i only wish they got their rear end in gear delivering the Z 
o2smile.gif

Great to hear. 

I've had little experience with them. The one time I asked for a little help to be sure I could change back to leather when I bought the vegan ear pads, they were great. Hopefully they will be in this case too.

I've written them asking for help and sent pictures as well. So we'll see.

I'm also VERY interested in the Z. Though I'm nervous about driver failure. Hopefully they will aleve fears of that as those are released.

Aug 22, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #6,862 of 12,748

Bingo again. The sweet smell of common
sense...

Probably a lot of you guys on here already know this and Im late to the party, but its shocking to me how good the Xs sound watching gamers on the Twitch app. Im watching someone play H1N1 right now and its pretty remarkable...these game manufacturers must be investing a lot into their audio effects...really takes the game to another level!

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #6,863 of 12,748
sense...

Probably a lot of you guys on here already know this and Im late to the party, but its shocking to me how good the Xs sound watching gamers on the Twitch app. Im watching someone play H1N1 right now and its pretty remarkable...these game manufacturers must be investing a lot into their audio effects...really takes the game to another level!

I actually use mine about a 50/50 split for gaming/music. Once my neck got used to the weight thanks to the Lohb strap and the vegan earpads, I've been impressed by how good the positional queues and music are in games. It feels a little silly using a headphone this expensive for computer games, but hell if I care at this point.

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #6,864 of 12,748
sense...

Yes, common sense - which most use to understand why I and others might feel that top of the line headphones costing $1600 shouldn't have these pesky problems. It is after all, only common sense.

Seriously, move on. You must be tired of having your points make you look foolish over and over again. 

As I have told you repeatedly, trying to spin this will only make you look bad. You will not change my point of view. I believe I have taken a balanced position. But whether you agree or not is not relevant to me. My position is my position. You will not change it no matter how snide or snarky or how you try to spin it.

Stop trying to stir things up. I have made my position clear. I will share the good, the bad and everything in between. That has been of huge help to me in these forums, and I will do the same for others. There is no need for you to comment if you don't agree. I am fine agreeing to disagree with you but will respond each time you try to spin this. You seem to be the only person with a chip on your shoulder here.

I've moved on, reported this to Audeze and am awaiting their response. When I get it, you will see me report it here - in a fair way. And regardless of their position, I will share it and anything else I feel will be of value. Everyone sharing their experience bonds the community more and tends to keep everyone honest. That is the power of social media. 

Aug 23, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #6,865 of 12,748
I actually use mine about a 50/50 split for gaming/music. Once my neck got used to the weight thanks to the Lohb strap and the vegan earpads, I've been impressed by how good the positional queues and music are in games. It feels a little silly using a headphone this expensive for computer games, but hell if I care at this point.

Lol I had the same thought..."Im using $1600 headphones lying in bed watching some guy run around in a forest trying to escape from a giant green cloud of toxic gas, half naked, wearing a motorcycle helmet...but dang if this doesnt sound fantastic!"

So you give thumbs up for that strap? Ive wondered about that since I do like the way the AKG and Hifiman headphones implement theirs. Did you need to get extender yokes?

Aug 23, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #6,866 of 12,748

Lol I had the same thought..."Im using $1600 headphones lying in bed watching some guy run around in a forest trying to escape from a giant green cloud of toxic gas, half naked, wearing a motorcycle helmet...but dang if this doesnt sound fantastic!"

So you give thumbs up for that strap? Ive wondered about that since I do like the way the AKG and Hifiman headphones implement theirs. Did you need to get extender yokes?

I extended just one more notch after putting on the strap.  Great idea; comfortable.

Aug 23, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #6,867 of 12,748
The strap change the entire comfort level of my listening experience from 1 hr to 4 hr everyday. The discomfort at top of head is gone, the weight is distributed to the entire head instead of a spot. Well worth it.

Aug 23, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #6,869 of 12,748

I got the extended yokes. I was worried because my head is gigantic (wear a size 8 New Era cap if that means anything to you). I have about 4 notches on the extended yokes, so I might not even need the extended versions to be honest. The Lohb pad is well worth the money.

Aug 23, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #6,870 of 12,748
Wow very cool guys...i have one more notch left on the stock yokes so im gonna give this a go. Thanks for the feedback.

Foker - I was used to wearing a helmet a good number of hours per week when out riding my BMW. So the weight wasn't too noticeable for me with the LCD-X's. But I bought the strap and the extender posts along with the Vegan pads.

I found I didn't need the extender posts. And my head is not small so thought I'd need them for sure.

The strap is very nice. High quality. And @Lohb, the gentleman who sells it is a real stand up guy. I was having trouble sending him money through paypal for some reason. And he went ahead and put it in the mail to me before he got the money. Fortunately later that day I was able to get the transfer through to him. I recommend him very highly. His strap is of very good quality. And we all know how important that is to me. 
smile_phones.gif

After installing it, I used it for a week or so. And I found I just didn't need it. So I went ahead and removed it. The weight is not an issue for me, but I use my headphones many hours per day. So I've gotten used to the weight.

The other thing I'll mention is I installed the vegan ear pads that I bought from Audeze. There service was very good and fast too. They do cost more than I think they should. But then again, this is a top of the line brand, so I was willing to pay it. 

They made a big difference for me as well. I was worried I would lose bass response. But that has not happened at all. Due to a change in my vision, I had to go with a new type of contact lenses.  And this necessitated starting to use glasses for reading. Problems inherent with age I guess. Since most of what I do involves the computer, they are on most of the day. I think the vegan pads actually make a better seal with my glasses on than the leather ones made.

To be honest, I don't think the vegan pads look quite as good (like getting cloth seats in a Mercedes). But the tradeoff is worth it. 

Hope that adds positively to your decision. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back