Audeze LCD-X
Dec 20, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #9,796 of 12,748
Correct. It's not lacking in bass by any stretch, it's just a little less bass tilted, and it's not a MASSIVE difference either. One of those things you notice if you spend time with them.
Thanks.

Dec 23, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #9,797 of 12,748
For your entertainment, here's a photo I took when I owned the LCD-X earlier this year.

10044898.png

Dec 25, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #9,799 of 12,748
What kind of music do you tend to listen to on these headphones?

Could you recommend any songs specifically?

I think the LCD-X is a great all-rounder for all genres, but especially good with bassy electronic music.

"Lights Off" by Jay Sean is a track that stood out for me with the LCD-X's big, beautiful sound signature.

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #9,802 of 12,748
Hi guys!
I've recently sold my AK T1p. I liked it's sound signature but there was a spike in 10K treble which was unbearable everytime there was an "S" in the song.
Now I'm looking into LCD-X and Hifiman's Edition X V2, since there are both quite efficient and I can drive them through my AK300. have anyone had/heard both to give me a short comparison?
I'll appreciate it.

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #9,803 of 12,748
Spent the last several days concerned about the Focal Clear. Put the X up as a feeler in the for-sale section.

I am now convinced the only thing I might sell the X for is a 3 or 4. I really want to do a head to head. I wonder if the store will let me loan the 3 for a bit...

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #9,804 of 12,748
Does the X use the same pads as the LCD-2? I was curious as to whether they are the same in terms of dimensions and foam density.

Also, what are the main differences in terms of sound? Is the X just a bit cleaner with tighter/stronger bass?

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #9,805 of 12,748
Does the X use the same pads as the LCD-2? I was curious as to whether they are the same in terms of dimensions and foam density.

Also, what are the main differences in terms of sound? Is the X just a bit cleaner with tighter/stronger bass?

All LCD's use the same pads/headband/etc (not the exact exact, but they can all be swapped around).

The X is Audeze's closest to a "neutral" headphone, though it's still plenty warm. Tighter all over, the mids aren't as sucked out, it's really my favorite in the lineup at the moment though I really want to do longer comparisons with the 3.

Dec 30, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #9,806 of 12,748
Man I wish I could have gotten a graph with the repaired version. I'm heavily curious what may have changed. I saw way back someone mentioning that the 2016 revision maps out far closer to the LCD-4 than before, but I'm wondering what the full story is.

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #9,807 of 12,748

I owned an LCD-2F immediately after the LCD-X. (Both the newest Fazors.) You can think of the LCD-X as a higher performance version of the LCD-2F. I actually found it to be lusher (not referring to tonal balance here, since they're very similar in that regard) and more exciting overall. The LCD-2F was a little boring for me, because I felt it didn't do anything particularly wrong or right. The LCD-X is more impressive to me and takes the big, beautiful sound that planar magnetics are known for to the next level. (At its price range, that is. The Abyss AB-1266 is far better, for example.) I guess you could say it has better resolution and dynamics.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #9,808 of 12,748
I am torn between the LCD-X and the Clear as my next open backed. The praise the Clear is getting is ridiculous, almost too good to be true. Only thing keeping me back is that I didn’t like the Elear and thought the Utopia was overrated. The X would seem to offer a powerful and exciting sound. I got a taste of the Audeze bass with the LCD-2.

Dec 30, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #9,809 of 12,748
Man I wish I could have gotten a graph with the repaired version. I'm heavily curious what may have changed. I saw way back someone mentioning that the 2016 revision maps out far closer to the LCD-4 than before, but I'm wondering what the full story is.

Well, I got the graph for my 2014 driver repair (to current drivers), which may be of some help. Keep in mind the 10k~ peak might not be so prominent on other models (it's also what really bothers me about my pair).

EDIT: Got it. Also, this is an LCD-X as of 2 months ago more or less, so I doubt they made any changes since then.

LCD-X graph.png

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #9,810 of 12,748
Well, I got the graph for my 2014 driver repair (to current drivers), which may be of some help. Keep in mind the 10k~ peak might not be so prominent on other models (it's also what really bothers me about my pair).

EDIT: Got it. Also, this is an LCD-X as of 2 months ago more or less, so I doubt they made any changes since then.

Did it come with them or were you able to ask them for a copy? I would love to see mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back