Audeze LCD-X
Nov 5, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #691 of 12,748

I'm glad that it seems to be holding its own against the 3s...and the one time I read some feedback on comparison to the 2s, DG felt that they clearly bested them. I absolutely HATED sending back my 2s, cause they sounded glorious...but when all the buzz started up about the X and Xc, I took the chance of sending them back during my 30 day return period with the intent to upgrade to one of the X models. 

Have you heard the Xc, as well, Dan? 

I haven't got the chance to listen to the XC yet, unfortunately. When the buzz started....I had 3 days since I have bought the lcd3 :)). 

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #693 of 12,748
  I have had LCD-X for a day now. Still letting it to burn in, but I can say that even if  overall it is below LCD-3, it still has some things over it and make the LCD-X a very interesting choice. I am sure that will be people that will even prefer the LCD-X instead of LCD-3.

this is pretty much what i felt. i myself like the LCD-X over the 3 in some ways, but i don't think its an LCD-3 killer by any means. though it is better than LCD-2 and i view it as a more direct upgrade from it than the LCD-3. the LCD-X sounds alot more like LCD-2 than it does the 3.

2 weeks ago, I had sold my LCD3 to try LCD-X.  It's arrived today and I listened to it for 2 hrs. 
I would compare LCD-X to LCD3  by my recent memory.

Although LCD-X may perform it's best after burn in but I can notice It's better than  LCD3 at treble (more presence), bass (clearer bass note), speed (quicker than LCD3 but still a bit slower than PS1000).

LCD-3 is a lot better than LCD-X at mid (richer, more resolution, more texture, more articulate), soundstage (wider, more depth, better 3D holographic like).

Will LCD-X be better after some use?  We'll see soon.

PS: I also have He500 and compare it to LCD-X side by side.  He500 has more treble presense but more rigid, less refinement.

smily_headphones1.gif

HE-500 sounds different still, with a different smoothness to it, and a different treble/vocal presentation as well as bass, hifiman still different sound.

i don't think its better than LCD-3 at treble or speed. i personally felt it was a little slower. and the ps1000 is faster but its transients are odd and it lacks coherency.
i do agree on the parts highlighted though. as for the bass, i liked LCD-X bass more cause its punchier and stronger and cleaner, but not necessarily better, just different.

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #694 of 12,748
Well Dan, you were about to hang yourself with the stock cable then :smiley:. How do you feel now ?

:D better actually .

this is pretty much what i felt. i myself like the LCD-X over the 3 in some ways, but i don't think its an LCD-3 killer by any means. though it is better than LCD-2 and i view it as a more direct upgrade from it than the LCD-3. the LCD-X sounds alot more like LCD-2 than it does the 3.

HE-500 sounds different still, with a different smoothness to it, and a different treble/vocal presentation as well as bass, hifiman still different sound.

i don't think its better than LCD-3 at treble or speed. i personally felt it was a little slower. and the ps1000 is faster but its transients are odd and it lacks coherency.
i do agree on the parts highlighted though. as for the bass, i liked LCD-X bass more cause its punchier and stronger and cleaner, but not necessarily better, just different.

For now I like the LCD-X's treble more, vocals and sometimes the bass but not every time, but I still have to listen to it more.

However, overall I feel like LCD3 is still the undisputed flagship.

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #695 of 12,748
i found the treble on LCD-X to be less smoothed out, more clear in that way, but otherwise similar in quality. its more LCD-2 like in the treble, but not as uncontrolled, though still shy of perfection.

i like boths bass, but ultimately i would like an LCD-3 but with the bass of the LCD-X.

i feel like the LCD-3 is just a tad better, but i would prefer the LCD-X for some genres of music, mostly pop, some rock, electronic, rap, hiphop. the LCD-3 is more audiophile with smooth sound for jazz and vocals and instruments and whatnot.

im considering buying the X myself cause i do like it. but waiting for MH's impressions when he gets his pair

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #697 of 12,748
The LCD-x is still too heavy and the pads are angled not the drivers. And it has an extra 1000$ on top. That's why this is the first Audeze that will be a bad investment, you're going to see them going for a bit over half price on the second-hand market, like the rest of the overpriced high-end stuff.

The T1 could have been such a great headphone. THAT's the form-factor and build quality/weight/comfort I want. Too bad the actual implementation is made in ass-mode.
If Beyerdynamic someday actually start designing their cups with care, they will be unstoppable. As of now, the're the headless horseman of the headphone industry.

What is the weight on the lcd-x?

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #698 of 12,748
  Did it dethrone your Beyerdynamic T1 ?  
biggrin.gif

no but alot of the headphones i've been using lately and some i've heard are coming quite close

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #699 of 12,748

no but alot of the headphones i've been using lately and some i've heard are coming quite close

If you had to give up the T1s for another headphone, what would the top three contenders be as of today? 

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #701 of 12,748
The LCD-X is a good headphone, but it sounds (and looks) more like the entry level headphone to the house of Audeze.

It's obvious to the naked gun that you're a shill mr. purrin. By portraying the X as less than favorable to the 2.2 but at a heavy premium, it will influence wide-eyed consumers to think that the 2.2 must be an incredible, borderline orgasmic value in relative. No wonder you were stripped of your wings.

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #702 of 12,748
u mean like to help audeze get rid of its stock of LCD-2 so they will discontinue soon? and then he will suddenly start raving about LCD-X to help audeze push them?

sounds possible, but doesn't make sense. shills wouldn't say anything negative about the company.

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #703 of 12,748
sounds possible, but doesn't make sense. shills wouldn't say anything negative about the company.

Mind. Games. Did you never watch that Ben Afleck movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back