AUDEZE LCD-Pro
Apr 23, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #47 of 80
Yeah I hope they fix the tone. I dont find any of 2016 LCD-2/X/3 resolving HPs. My HD800 and 650 resolve better. What I want is Audeze to return to the sound that made them.

Apr 23, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #48 of 80

The main sonic shortcoming that the LCD-Pro had was that its imaging and overall SQ was noticeably more diffuse and less precise when compared to the LCD-X.

To put it another way, it was like going from a HD 800 to a HD 650.
redface.gif

The Pro doesn't have a Fazor or double-sided magnets, which were removed to reduce their weight and cost.

But after listening to the LCD-X, I pretty much lost interest in the Pro.

I think Audeze went too far in trying to reduce weight and cost, and seriously gimped what could have been a great headphone.
mad.gif

Yeah, that's unfortunate. I was raising my eyebrow when I read about its price. At that mark, I'd imagine it would need to compete hard with their other 1k~1.5k ranged cans like the LCD-X/3...

Appreciate the thoughts!

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #49 of 80

Thanks for your impressions. I'm interested in your comment about it being better than the current LCD-F. Do you have any experience with the LCD 2.2 classic/pre-fazor? If so, I'd love to hear about how the Pro compares.

If the Pro is similar to the LCD-2.2 but with better comfort and build quality, I might be sold.

My very first Audeze was LCD2.2 pre fazor and I loved it. I also had 2F, XC for a while and  now my current daily driver is LCD X 2016 along side with HD700 and sometimes 650. 

The LCD Pro sounds a little different than any of the LCD family the tonality is stronger, more full body it (macro detail) it seemed and  it stays neutral and definitely not extended but there's enough information on the highs - non fatiquing shall I describe it. To me it sounds better than the current 2F because of the BASS ! Yes...you're going to love them just like the old days plus it is tuned to be more neutral instead of warm and creamy like the pre-fazor versions. The 2.2 sounds addictive and it has that bass slam that everyone loves but at the same time the imaging is really soft and blurry, the soundstage is narrow and highs are noticeably rolled off. The 2F fix these but loose the slam. The Pro brings back the bass and maintain everything else the 2F has with better tonality and physical comfort. 

If you compare it with LCD X it's very clear that the Pro is not on the same level but...that doesn't mean it's inferior at all. I don't think Audeze creates the Pro as a reference to compete with other models within the same family but just like they have stated, mainly for longer listening comfort and slightly more affordable but maintain the LCD SQ. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #50 of 80
  My very first Audeze was LCD2.2 pre fazor and I loved it. I also had 2F, XC for a while and  now my current daily driver is LCD X 2016 along side with HD700 and sometimes 650. 

The LCD Pro sounds a little different than any of the LCD family the tonality is stronger, more full body it (macro detail) it seemed and  it stays neutral and definitely not extended but there's enough information on the highs - non fatiquing shall I describe it. To me it sounds better than the current 2F because of the BASS ! Yes...you're going to love them just like the old days plus it is tuned to be more neutral instead of warm and creamy like the pre-fazor versions. The 2.2 sounds addictive and it has that bass slam that everyone loves but at the same time the imaging is really soft and blurry, the soundstage is narrow and highs are noticeably rolled off. The 2F fix these but loose the slam. The Pro brings back the bass and maintain everything else the 2F has with better tonality and physical comfort. 

If you compare it with LCD X it's very clear that the Pro is not on the same level but...that doesn't mean it's inferior at all. I don't think Audeze creates the Pro as a reference to compete with other models within the same family but just like they have stated, mainly for longer listening comfort and slightly more affordable but maintain the LCD SQ. 

Thanks that's quite helpful. What's your opinion on the whole "peak" in the current 2016 Audeze lineup? Did you notice any peaks or glare in the pro?

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #51 of 80
Originally Posted by Skyfall /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Pro brings back the bass and maintain everything else the 2F has with better tonality and physical comfort.

And here I thought I was going to skip these. This sound is exactly what I was looking for. Guess I need to start saving up!

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #52 of 80
me too.  I actually am not a fan of the mids in the lcd-x i prefer the pre fazor lcd-2s.  Though I never bought an lcd for the the simple fact that I didn't think that a headphone that expensive should be that unconfortable. The weight is in he-560 territory which interest me as thats a very comfy headphone second only to the audioquest and ether.

How is the bass slam and dynamics of the headphone?

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #54 of 80

If you compare it with LCD X it's very clear that the Pro is not on the same level but...that doesn't mean it's inferior at all.

While I agree with the first part of this statement, I disagree with the second part.  But then again there are quite a few who prefer the HD 650 over the HD 800.  If you're one of them, then the LCD-Pro might be right up your alley.

May 7, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #59 of 80
It would be an interesting proposition to be able to switch the drivers, be it LCD-X or other drivers in the LCD line. If other LCD drivers fit in the Pro housing the headphone would be a lot lighter. Not as light as with the Pro drivers but still much more palatable than they currently are. It's my inner DIY child thinking out loud. :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back