AUDEZE LCD-Pro
Apr 17, 2017 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 80

zeleknot

New Head-Fier
If Audeze won't get on the LCD-Pro bandwagon and announce it properly...then we have to start something...
The word is out, the pictures from CanJam SoCal are out...yet not much information so far. It was written through different post about them being made out of magnesium alloy, have a headband like LCD 4 and being without a "fazor" other than that one member described the as feeling cheap, one described as being well made...and costing 1200$ ?!
So as these are most likely my new headphones based on the looks and materials and trusting they know a lot about sound... I feel some passion about spreading the word and I would appreciate any info.
I don't understand Audeze lacklustre campaign for these headphones...I love how they look (no wood to crack, yokes that don't look homemade, leather, carbon fibre, weight somewhere between 350-400grams...awesome stuff....the only thing that concerns me is NO fazor and their known QC issues with drivers.

GO!

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 80
Everyone and their moms want a lightweight Audeze with the carbon fiber headband as stock and not as a 200$ option...if this one sounds good, it'll be a home run.

Also, they'll probably update the whole LCD line to make it lightweight and with the carbon fiber headband as stock, it's a logical and smart move.

Btw, magnesium is way better than wood from a production and reliability standpoint, also looks better (my opinion, of course).

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #5 of 80
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Audeze will officially announce it when Audeze is ready to announce it. Other manufacturers routinely tease upcoming products at shows too, even though they may be many months away from production. That being said, I'd love an opportunity to try them myself. The weight is the main reason why my LCD-XC don't get much use.

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #6 of 80
  Everyone and their moms want a lightweight Audeze with the carbon fiber headband as stock and not as a 200$ option...if this one sounds good, it'll be a home run.

Also, they'll probably update the whole LCD line to make it lightweight and with the carbon fiber headband as stock, it's a logical and smart move.

Btw, magnesium is way better than wood from a production and reliability standpoint, also looks better (my opinion, of course).

Tottaly agree, I would love to review them from a craftsmanship perspective...no sound just build.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #9 of 80
I wonder if this price point is competitive with the LCDs real market prices of $700-$1400 for the 2/X/3.

Maybe these will be announced with a price cut to the LCD line

An Audeze representative has stated on Headfi that it is going to be 1200$...so in my opinion perfect...if the build is top notch?! Too bad LCD X don't have the design of EL8 (nicest produced headphones ever...just that cable grrr)
But what do you think about that missing fazor? I mean LCD Pro are supposed to be for the pros? Is then the fazor a thing that colours the sound?

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #10 of 80
No fazors? For me, that's good news. The weight was never a problem for me, but the fazors were always stabbing my ears (especially on Sine)... I'll be glad if they are indeed moving away from that, while managing to keep the same sound.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #11 of 80

An Audeze representative has stated on Headfi that it is going to be 1200$...so in my opinion perfect...if the build is top notch?! Too bad LCD X don't have the design of EL8 (nicest produced headphones ever...just that cable grrr)
But what do you think about that missing fazor? I mean LCD Pro are supposed to be for the pros? Is then the fazor a thing that colours the sound?

People seem to consider the fazor LCDs a stepdown so it wouldn't surprise me.  All they did was create fake excitement with I guess better imaging.  

No fazor is an interesting move and I wonder what they're going to have to say about that.

Apr 17, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #13 of 80
  People seem to consider the fazor LCDs a stepdown so it wouldn't surprise me.  All they did was create fake excitement with I guess better imaging.  

No fazor is an interesting move and I wonder what they're going to have to say about that.

Some people preferred the LCDs without the fazor.  Some/Most people (including me) prefer the sound signature with the fazor.  Either way, they certainly aren't a stepdown, just different.

The Pro is targeted at an entirely different audience than the rest of the LCD line - Audeze appears to be marketing these toward producers/engineers looking for a more neutral headphone.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #14 of 80
Finally got rid of the stupid fazors. Took them long enough. Glad to see they listened to feedback eventually though, will have to try these out at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back