1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-MX4

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements and Deals' started by Audeze, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
  1. Keyboarder
    Finally got setup last night with PC USB > Denafrips Ares II DAC > Monolith Liquid Platinum > LCD MX4
    WOW.
    I was up until 12:30AM listening to song after song and completely blown away. What's really cool is that it's not just the detail and accuracy that makes you go "woah I can hear what color Diana Krall's sweater is" experience, it's the all-around joy of listening to music.
    I could have kept listening through the night without fatigue, yet the detail is there. I kept forgetting about the gear and just enjoyed the music as I went through song after song of every genre. That is what this should be all about. I couldn't be happier.

johnzz4 and CaptainFantastic like this.
  2. CaptainFantastic
    Been there myself. Thanks for sharing your experience. These headphones suffer from being marketed as studio/monitoring headphones. They are that and such much more. A joy to listen to. (Owner for 1 year now)

3. eugene2
    Listen to this drum solo through them, the dynamics are phenomenal even for youtube. Victor Jones is considered one of, if not the baddest drummer on the planet.

4. FourT6and2
    Got to demo these yesterday at a local shop. iPhone –> Chord Mojo –> MX4. Music was 24/96. Mostly modern hard rock and metal. Sounded good. Tried a few other Audeze cans through same setup. LCD2, LCD-X, LCD-4Z, a few others I can't remember. They all look the same and have similar model names lol. Anyway, I like the MX4 the most. Didn't get to try an LCD-4 though. So don't know how it compares. There's a specific part of a song I use to test headphones that's just high-gain guitar break down and then the drums and bass come in for a really hard punchy zenith to the song. It always stresses the power handling of headphones. Many cans just flub/fart out on the low end at that point and distort. The MX4 did not. Will get to spend more time with these next week, along with the LCD-4 to get a proper listening test in a quiet environment. But I liked 'em.

I own HD820, Focal Elear, and Sony Z7M2. And these sounded better than the Elear I think. But that was going off memory. Will A/B them in a few days.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    EDN80 likes this.
  5. Keyboarder
    I'm so in love with these, it's pretty amazing. I'm a chronic upgrader with every hobby I have but can honestly say I don't want or need anything else. I've "arrived" with these MX4's and have never said that with headphones before.
    So now I'm just focusing on music.

EDN80 and nrbatista like this.
  6. EDN80
    Some people may frown at this, but quite frankly, they're even better (if that's even possible) with SONARWORKS Reference 4. I recommend people download the trial and tune the MX4 with the LCD-X profile...

groovyd likes this.
  7. groovyd
    here are custom calibration profiles for my X and MX4 incase you would like to see the differences between these models or as a reference for setting any EQ to balance yours out... you see the mx4 slightly edges out the x in low end performance post correction.

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 1.23.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 1.21.48 PM.png

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    EDN80 likes this.
  8. groovyd
    Finally broke down and sold off my Sonarworks custom calibrated X today... small tear in the eye sealing the box... they were my first planar magnetics alongside the XC in purple heart. They will be missed but I think the MX4 are a solid replacement across the board. Now I just need to find a good closed to compete with the XC but at half the weight. The weight is what really kills me ever since having the C-spin fusion operation a few years ago. Lucky for me I got a nice set of 20.7 and mini Maggie's to offset my headphone usage with.

9. MattTCG
    Maybe take a look at the just released Aeon 2 closed by DCA. These are really good and way under 340. Check them out here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aeon-2-closed-impressions-and-discussion.918311/

10. Deckard916
    Got these from the Audeze Black Friday sale today, sound fantastic out of the box w/o any EQ (to me at least). Not sure if I like the Reveal plugin for these, will have to listen more.

Dobrescu George and nrbatista like this.
  11. nrbatista
    Congrats, they’re fantastic headphones! Enjoy.

I use them directly, w/o any EQ.

12. tmaxx123
    How’d you get them so fast? Mine haven’t even shipped lol did you get tracking immediately after ordering?

13. Deckard916
    I ordered them about 10 min after the sale went live last week lol. Yea there was a ship confirmation later the same day, did Fedex 2 day shipping.

14. tmaxx123
    Nice, I ordered mid way through that first day it went live. No shipping yet. I can’t wait!

15. Deckard916
    I think the only nit I have to pick with these is the cable, just the regular Audeze braided cable. If I had paid full price for these I would think they would come with the upgraded Audeze cable. But for the black friday price.....

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48