Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Oct 19, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #4,036 of 4,795
Oct 19, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #4,037 of 4,795
Hey guys, I've been trying to look for the Lcdi4 but it's unavailable everywhere. Has Audeze discontinued them? One of the dealers said they're "at the end of their life" ??
You can buy directly for Audeze now, but not sure what the supply situation is for outside the US. It has been a while since initial launch so would not be surprised if a newer version was coming out soon given how many new products have been produced for the full size line. On the other hand, the general audiophile market response on open back IEMs has been mixed so there could also be end of life planned. Their last IEM into was closed back Euclid so maybe Audeze is testing the market before deciding on the next gen flagship IEM.

Oct 19, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #4,038 of 4,795
Both the iSines have fairly recently been discontinued, so it may be that they're gradually phasing out their open IEMs. It's unfortunate that they all have such poor stock tuning and that their comfort isn't the best, because otherwise their whole open lineup can sound spectacularly good.

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #4,039 of 4,795
A friend of my currently is borrowing my i4s, but this is the EQ I'm currently using with my iSines which sound very similar. (I also have about 100 other settings I've saved over the years, as I'm always coming up with new settings whenever I'm bored.) Let me know how it works with your i4s! I don't have Roon to test it, but I believe they have the option to add parametric EQ settings. Make sure you add -6db pre-gain.
My apologies, these were not the EQ settings I meant to upload.

Here are the correct EQ settings I meant to upload, with a few small adjustments for the differences between my particular iSine and i4:
LCD-i4 eq settings 2021-10.png

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #4,041 of 4,795
I posted mine for sale! in case anyone is interested PM me

Thanks
Not sure if what I'm about to say will change your mind or get more folks interesting in buying your LCDi4 but here goes....

i've owned a lot of Headfi gear over the years and traded/sold most of it (look at my trader feedback to get an idea LOL). Only two purchases have firmly placed in my "never give it up" category - my Focal Utopia and Audeze LCDi4. The former sounds great on every source I tried. The later has been a royal PITA because of the mandatory EQ. Oh, but the LCDi4 is such an amazing and perfect headphone once you get the EQ dialed in. There really is nothing compared to an open back headphone with how natural the bass sounds. Of course the LCDi4 is a PITA because there is no easy way to get the right EQ without the Reveal plugin that only works on desktop or Roon. I didn't lose faith and now we have DAPs that run on Android 10 and system wide EQ apps like Wavelet that give the precision needed to get the EQ to where it needs to be. In my case it's a Fiio M11 Plus LTD and it is just an amazing combo with LCDi4 properly EQ'd. To me LCDi4 is a perfect headphone - performance of an open back, but doesn't bleed nearly as much as a full size open back. If I want sound isolation, I'm on a plane so I will go with wireless with active noise cancellation. For my Utopias, I plan of repurposing my dollars to a really nice desktop and tube amp setup. You bet I'm going to try my LCDi4 in the same setup!

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #4,042 of 4,795
Not sure if what I'm about to say will change your mind or get more folks interesting in buying your LCDi4 but here goes....

i've owned a lot of Headfi gear over the years and traded/sold most of it (look at my trader feedback to get an idea LOL). Only two purchases have firmly placed in my "never give it up" category - my Focal Utopia and Audeze LCDi4. The former sounds great on every source I tried. The later has been a royal PITA because of the mandatory EQ. Oh, but the LCDi4 is such an amazing and perfect headphone once you get the EQ dialed in. There really is nothing compared to an open back headphone with how natural the bass sounds. Of course the LCDi4 is a PITA because there is no easy way to get the right EQ without the Reveal plugin that only works on desktop or Roon. I didn't lose faith and now we have DAPs that run on Android 10 and system wide EQ apps like Wavelet that give the precision needed to get the EQ to where it needs to be. In my case it's a Fiio M11 Plus LTD and it is just an amazing combo with LCDi4 properly EQ'd. To me LCDi4 is a perfect headphone - performance of an open back, but doesn't bleed nearly as much as a full size open back. If I want sound isolation, I'm on a plane so I will go with wireless with active noise cancellation. For my Utopias, I plan of repurposing my dollars to a really nice desktop and tube amp setup. You bet I'm going to try my LCDi4 in the same setup!
I just got the woo audio wa7 3rd gen. It’s very good.

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #4,043 of 4,795

So I used the EQ fron page 251 and it made my i4 sound way better that what I tought was good

Oct 30, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #4,044 of 4,795
Mission meets. The original cable now has a ballanced connection.

20211030_163344.jpg

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #4,045 of 4,795
Oct 30, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #4,046 of 4,795
No Bud. Homemade.

Here is my self-designed cable for the Audeze. B&W Signature:

20210815_072452.jpg

Oct 30, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #4,047 of 4,795
Yesterday I tried my new "Hires-player".
Sounds very relaxed on the Lcd-i4...😬

PSX_20211028_170536.jpg

Oct 30, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #4,049 of 4,795
minimum faze filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back