Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Nov 24, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #3,721 of 4,791
Does anyone have any experience with this BELKIN usb-c to lightning audio adapter?

webdam.web.1000.1000.jpeg

That should work fine since it specifically supports lightning audio. However, IMHO the design is not so great because it extends the lightning connector where it is more likely to catch on something and potentially break. The pigtail version from Anker is a better design IMHO for about the same price:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-USB-C-Lightning-Audio-Adapter/dp/B07R6MKJZH

Nov 24, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #3,722 of 4,791
That should work fine since it specifically supports lightning audio. However, IMHO the design is not so great because it extends the lightning connector where it is more likely to catch on something and potentially break. The pigtail version from Anker is a better design IMHO for about the same price:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-USB-C-Lightning-Audio-Adapter/dp/B07R6MKJZH
I second that.
I've had the Anker for almost a year now and it's been both convenient and flawless the whole time!

Nov 30, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #3,724 of 4,791
It works well, but the supplied Cypher cable is better. My go-to for them is the Chord Hugo2 for semi-portable, and the cypher cable for fully portable.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #3,725 of 4,791
Hey guys, I purchased a new LCD-I4 from Amazon yesterday and it got delivered today. However, I think I may got ripped off!!!!!

First, the package and case I got was made from leather, and there is no Cipher lightning cable included. Second, the serial# is only i40008xx.

Did I get the first batch? I head the leather case were changed to nylon since 2018. The earphone looks like new, but I'm not sure if it's refurbished. How can I check?

Also, are the build quality improved over past three years? What's known issue for the first batch of the i4? Should I return it?

I know my questions may be dumb, but just want to confirm. Cause the earphone is not cheap,
Thank you guys.

I just bought i4 and the serial number is 7XX. Do you know what the latest serial number is?

Dec 5, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #3,726 of 4,791
Does anyone have any experience with this BELKIN usb-c to lightning audio adapter?

I use this on my cipher cable to my android phone. Works great.

But for some reason doesn't work with uapp. But system-wide it runs perfectly. On uapp it doesn't work at all when you want to bypas Android sound, it sounds like I have the scary sounds or space/umbra/demons whispering into my ears.

So I have to use uapp without bypassing Android os when it detects the cipher cable.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #3,727 of 4,791
I now have a pair of i4, I'm considering picking up an Audioquest Cobalt to drive them. Anyone using this combo and can comment?

I am streaming in a Roon environment. First I used the Audeze LCDi4 via a Cobalt on an iPad Pro. Since a few months on a RME ADI-2 DAC FS (with special in ear headphone support).

The Cobalt remains the solution for on the go on the iPhone or iPad. The Cobalt is better than the Cipher cable, - is probably the best "passive" DAC available today. But it can't compete with a stationary DAC like the RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I have never experienced the spatiality, the clarity of details in music better than with this combination. The music no longer plays only in the head - a problem even with the best headphones. It comes out, and even the acoustic hole, that is normally in the middle in front of the head, closes.

So guys - it's worth investing in the LCDi4 and the RME ADI-2 DAC FS. It could hardly be better.

(My best combination before was the Astell & Kern AK240 with Beyerdynamik AK T8iE in the 2.5mm balanced connector)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #3,728 of 4,791
I am streaming in a Roon environment. First I used the Audeze LCDi4 via a Cobalt on an iPad Pro. Since a few months on a RME ADI-2 DAC FS (with special in ear headphone support).

The Cobalt remains the solution for on the go on the iPhone or iPad. The Cobalt is better than the Cipher cable, - is probably the best "passive" DAC available today. But it can't compete with a stationary DAC like the RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I have never experienced the spatiality, the clarity of details in music better than with this combination. The music no longer plays only in the head - a problem even with the best headphones. It comes out, and even the acoustic hole, that is normally in the middle in front of the head, closes.

So guys - it's worth investing in the LCDi4 and the RME ADI-2 DAC FS. It could hardly be better.

(My best combination before was the Astell & Kern AK240 with Beyerdynamik AK T8iE in the 2.5mm balanced connector)

Just curious, how do you apply the necessary EQ adjustments for i4 when using Cobalt on the iPad or iPhone?

Dec 5, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #3,729 of 4,791
Why use a cobalt when E1da products exist.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #3,730 of 4,791
Anyone with experience with Lavrycables new line for i3/i4?

https://www.lavricables.com/new-awg20-awg22-awg25-multistrand-silver-cables-available-now/

I ordered the top of the line cable (Grand) and are now letting it have 100+ hours burn in. I haven’t compared it with stock i4 cable yet. One thing I can say is that it’s a very hefty cable. a lot bigger and havyer than stock. But maby that’s the price to pay for the hopefully extra sound quality. If it had been for big headphones or in ears that sat very firmly in the ears it would be no problems. But with my i4 it’s another story. But so far it works ok.

it will be very interesting comparing it with stock cable in a few days. it would also be interesting to test the other not so heavy ones in there cable line up.

Dec 7, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #3,732 of 4,791
Using the lcd-i4 with a Qudilex 5k and following AutoEQ generated EQ target. Amazing for Android users!!

IMG_20201207_130450.jpg

Screenshot_20201207-130743_Qudelix.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #3,734 of 4,791
Yes, using the fins that hold onto your concha of the ear. Plus the official ridged/knurled? tips.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #3,735 of 4,791
I would also just add that Audeze has wonderful customer service

This has not been my experience. I bought a b stock i4, with no cipher cable. Messaged Audeze customer service for assistance. Their response was, they have no way of knowing which specific accessories goes into each b stock. Therefore, if I want the cipher cable, I should go buy one. Msrp.

Very p.o.'d first time buyer here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back