Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #1,546 of 4,795
I can only answer as far as my personal experience but it's much more comfortable than the Groovy tips. The fit is significantly better for me. If you're familiar with the rotating sytem and high grade silicon of the SpinFits, you get what I mean and the difference to regular tips :)

I simply forget the i4 even for extended time e.g several hours, and this alone would already be enough for me to recommend them as you totally forget the i4 and the listening experience is simply awesome.

Sonically, there is a marginal improvement to the groovy tips I would say a tad better bass compared to groovy not sealing (for me) although I don't believe fit is really changing the sound that much compared to usual IEMs after all those 30mm planar drivers don't require a seal to give you great bass :D Still I find it does make a difference, and it's a more familiar sensation for those used to have a seal on their IEM. Groovy and included tips always felt like they floated in my ear not matter what size... I think it's a matter of silicon grade (their hurt my ears pretty quickly too) and maybe shape.

Sound change is much more apparent when I tried the T-600 complys (the most bass, not night and day still) but comfort is not as good as the SpinFits CP155.
Thanks!
I also find the comply tips uncomfortable.

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #1,547 of 4,795
I wonder why Spinfit didn’t include xs/ss sized on their CP155 lineup, wouldve loce to compare them against the normal xs/ss spinfits.

Got both types of Symbio eartips by MandarinE, but the foamed dome would be too tough to wiggle around to fit on the lcdi4. Couldnt fit the Ortofons i had either. Will have to find the jvc spiral tips back and see.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #1,548 of 4,795
So, the Hugo wouldn't fit in the 1060 with a case, so I got a Pelican 1170 instead. I store cables and stuff underneath the Hugo.

This case still fits in the backpack I take to work.

Hi - How is that Trinity Go module working out for you with the i4 and Hugo 2. I am running both the i4 and H2 also. Cheers.

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #1,549 of 4,795
Hi - How is that Trinity Go module working out for you with the i4 and Hugo 2. I am running both the i4 and H2 also. Cheers.

I haven't had it very long but like it so far. Sound seems slightly more "dense" with it. How are you liking yours?

Jan 25, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #1,550 of 4,795
I haven't had it very long but like it so far. Sound seems slightly more "dense" with it. How are you liking yours?

Out of curiosity, it seems to be big enough to weight quite a bit on the cable, you use it at home only?

Jan 25, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #1,552 of 4,795
My current setup, the Dx200 with Amp4 drives the i4 incredibly well, I prefer this combo to the WM1Z.

:ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

IMG_4423.jpg

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #1,553 of 4,795
I take it to work with me, but, yes, it's heavy. I only use it once I'm stationary.

Thanks, good to know!

My current setup, the Dx200 with Amp4 drives the i4 incredibly well, I prefer this combo to the WM1Z.

Which aftermarket cable did you get?
I have an order with Plussound to use with AMP4, quite some wait time... I got AMP5, nothing to complain about great pairing with i4

Jan 25, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #1,554 of 4,795
Jan 26, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #1,555 of 4,795

The silicon sleeves? on the ear hooks are really nice. How is the comfort & fit with these?

Jan 26, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #1,556 of 4,795
It's the Whiplash TWag V3 T, 8 silver wires.

https://www.whiplashaudio.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=55_263&product_id=1148

I ordered as modular with interchangeable plugs, so I can use it with different players/dac, balanced or single ended.

I have a whiplash v3 not modular and MMCX, I didn't remember their interchangeable plug... should have gone that way... pretty good choice!

Did you choose standard 2 pin connector (and does it work with the recessed Audeze socket or was that a custom request?

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #1,558 of 4,795
Yea, I am curious as well. Looks comfy and nice. @kubig123 , how did you make those sleeves? Shrink tubes?

No,
I took into consideration using shrink tubes, but I dont think they would add much volume and they are usually quite rigid, I bought a rubber tubing from amazon, it took a some effort to slide the tube over the hook ( I broke one in the process), but I'm very happy with the result. :ksc75smile:

The comfort is like night and day, now I can wear them for hours without that pain behind the ears.

here is the link of the rubber tube
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047BIU2I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #1,560 of 4,795
No,
I took into consideration using shrink tubes, but I dont think they would add much volume and they are usually quite rigid, I bought a rubber tubing from amazon, it took a some effort to slide the tube over the hook ( I broke one in the process), but I'm very happy with the result. :ksc75smile:

The comfort is like night and day, now I can wear them for hours without that pain behind the ears.

here is the link of the rubber tube
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047BIU2I/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks ! I have ordered one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back