Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Oct 27, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #1,217 of 4,795
The LCD i4 sounds bloody outrageous driven by my hugo 2. The synergy between the i4 is seemingly magical and can put goosebumps on yea as you get lost into the music. I just can not believe how absurdly good the sound is, while walking about the grocery, or eating at some local pub. All without being tethered to a desktop rig like my fabulous Yggdrasil and Liquid Gold. I must grin like a fool buying property for my heavenly bank account, because a lot of folk seem to smile back.

I concur

Oct 28, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #1,218 of 4,795
To those of you who are eagerly awaiting the Audeze Reveal Plugin (myself included) I have some sad news. Audeze is out of stock. I guess the demand was too high or they had quality control issues. Hopefully, they'll make some more and we can get in on the next batch.

https://www.audeze.com/reveal-audio-plugin

Joking aside, I think the fact they put up an official page means that release is close, even though it currently reads "out of stock."

Oct 29, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #1,219 of 4,795
The LCD i4 sounds bloody outrageous driven by my hugo 2. The synergy between the i4 is seemingly magical and can put goosebumps on yea as you get lost into the music. I just can not believe how absurdly good the sound is, while walking about the grocery, or eating at some local pub. All without being tethered to a desktop rig like my fabulous Yggdrasil and Liquid Gold. I must grin like a fool buying property for my heavenly bank account, because a lot of folk seem to smile back.

Sure, the sound I get from these little things is amazing and makes me wonder if it's worth it to keep my other full-size high-end HPs (except LCD-4 for its unique tonality).

And yes, you should try it with Roon's DSP or use the impulse response files specifically made for lcd-i4 (provided by KMann) in your application. The result can enhance your listening pleasure considerably.

20171028_221952.jpg 20171022_112842.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #1,220 of 4,795
Sure, the sound I get from these little things is amazing and makes me wonder if it's worth it to keep my other full-size high-end HPs (except LCD-4 for its unique tonality).

And yes, you should try it with Roon's DSP or use the impulse response files specifically made for lcd-i4 (provided by KMann) in your application. The result can enhance your listening pleasure considerably.

Impressions of chord dave + lcd i4 combo.

Oct 30, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #1,221 of 4,795
To those of you who are eagerly awaiting the Audeze Reveal Plugin (myself included) I have some sad news. Audeze is out of stock. I guess the demand was too high or they had quality control issues. Hopefully, they'll make some more and we can get in on the next batch.

https://www.audeze.com/reveal-audio-plugin

Joking aside, I think the fact they put up an official page means that release is close, even though it currently reads "out of stock."

Yes. Too many downloads. Our product page was built for physical products, but not digital downloads. We should have it up in a few days.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 31, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #1,223 of 4,795
Impressions of chord dave + lcd i4 combo.

Sure why not! :relaxed:

Dave is yet another masterpiece that has its own merit to tell. It takes whatever I throw at it to its max potentials. LCD-i4 is no exception, Dave drives it to the best level possible. For me, the striking characteristic of this combo lies in its ability to produce relatively impressive soundstage and imaging, all from such tiny packages!! Amazing!!

Also, the full planar bass is to die for (nothing comes better than that), mid is soo clean but sweet with tube like tone, and the high is right, expanded beautifully and smoothly.

When switching to my portable setup (Fiio X5 III+ iDSD), things get a little bit compressed, but still holds its ground solidly compared to my other high-end HPs run with same setup (Yes, it’s that good!).

Note: this quick impression is based on ROON’s DSP + Dave and KMann's wav file + Fiio X5 III+ iDSD. Using it plainly is also nice and easily rivals the best I've heard, but still the tone has something incorrect to my taste. I don’t incline to EQ my HPs, but not for LCD-i4.

My 2¢

Oct 31, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #1,224 of 4,795
Sure why not! :relaxed:

Dave is yet another masterpiece that has its own merit to tell. It takes whatever I throw at it to its max potentials. LCD-i4 is no exception, Dave drives it to the best level possible. For me, the striking characteristic of this combo lies in its ability to produce relatively impressive soundstage and imaging, all from such tiny packages!! Amazing!!

Also, the full planar bass is to die for (nothing comes better than that), mid is soo clean but sweet with tube like tone, and the high is right, expanded beautifully and smoothly.

When switching to my portable setup (Fiio X5 III+ iDSD), things get a little bit compressed, but still holds its ground solidly compared to my other high-end HPs run with same setup (Yes, it’s that good!).

Note: this quick impression is based on ROON’s DSP + Dave and KMann's wav file + Fiio X5 III+ iDSD. Using it plainly is also nice and easily rivals the best I've heard, but still the tone has something incorrect to my taste. I don’t incline to EQ my HPs, but not for LCD-i4.

My 2¢
Thanks for your input!
I strongly believe LCD i4 require eq as well as good amplification.

Oct 31, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #1,226 of 4,795
How does One apply Eq if playing tidal from Iphone?
There is no eq in tidal app.
You can use isine cable & use audeze app to apply eq.
I have not tried this.
You should contact audeze about this & please let me know if you come across an alternative.

Oct 31, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #1,227 of 4,795
How does One apply Eq if playing tidal from Iphone?
The EQ selected in the Audeze app is stored in the Cipher cable itself. All iPhone audio will be subject to that EQ. it doesn't only apply to the Music App so Tidal will also have the EQ applied by the Cipher cable.

Oct 31, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #1,229 of 4,795
i assume this is the same plugin on roon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back