Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Oct 26, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #2,341 of 4,791
Okay, so this makes absolutely no sense to me.

The crinkly sound that was really horrible yesterday is now pretty much gone. Just for giggles I unplugged the cable and plug it back in. But that should have made no difference.

Even with the volume turned off and touching the backs of the iems now sound different. They are not uber crinkly like yesterday. Still slightly different but not night and day different.

Does your iems make a soft, crinkly sound if you touch around the backs of them while they're in your ear with no music playing?

Please let me know.

I really don't know what to make of this. Any idea why this may be happening?

Oct 26, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #2,342 of 4,791
Okay, so this makes absolutely no sense to me.

The crinkly sound that was really horrible yesterday is now pretty much gone. Just for giggles I unplugged the cable and plug it back in. But that should have made no difference.

Even with the volume turned off and touching the backs of the iems now sound different. They are not uber crinkly like yesterday. Still slightly different but not night and day different.

Does your iems make a soft, crinkly sound if you touch around the backs of them while they're in your ear with no music playing?

Please let me know.

I really don't know what to make of this. Any idea why this may be happening?
mine has some buzzing but not crinkly sound when touching the magnesium shell, it seems to be very common and some earlier posts say it has to do with the electrostatic charge on your hand

my left unit has a little bit of clicky sound when I move the cable too much or shake my head around too hard, but I'm not sure if it's the crinkly sound that you guys are talking about, normal listening and taking them on and off makes no noise

so far I'm still super impressed with the sound and I will continue to monitor them for a few more days to see if there are any other problems

I'm also trying to 3d print a headband coz the stock clips just aren't working very well with my ears, I get some red marks after 2 hrs of listening

Oct 26, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #2,343 of 4,791
But I picked up a small Pelican case to carry i4s and A&K player. Very secure now.

Do you have a link for this particular pelican case, if I may ask? I might need something similar for my A&K DAP and LCDi4. Thanks.

Oct 26, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #2,344 of 4,791
Do you have a link for this particular pelican case, if I may ask? I might need something similar for my A&K DAP and LCDi4. Thanks.

I don’t know if this is the same Pelican case JLoud is referencing, but this is the one I got.

Waterproof Case | Pelican 1010 Micro Case (Red/Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G23JZ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kY50BbN3K7V4J

This Pelican case is the one that came with my FitEars way back when, so I’m picking it for my LCDi4’s, as well.

Oct 26, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #2,345 of 4,791
I don’t know if this is the same Pelican case JLoud is referencing, but this is the one I got.

Waterproof Case | Pelican 1010 Micro Case (Red/Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G23JZ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_kY50BbN3K7V4J

This Pelican case is the one that came with my FitEars way back when, so I’m picking it for my LCDi4’s, as well.

It looks pretty interesting. Thanks. I need to figure out what size would be appropriate for me, and also what else to place inside the case to protect the two earpieces from rubbing against each other and getting scratched, as well as hold 2 cables and possible adaptersl. However, these certainly look good for a start.

Oct 26, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #2,346 of 4,791
Oct 26, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #2,347 of 4,791
Oct 26, 2018 at 11:02 PM Post #2,348 of 4,791
Oct 27, 2018 at 4:26 AM Post #2,349 of 4,791
9141AE0B-20D6-494B-8667-C8A52AAED109.jpeg

It turns out I had a rather nice case that was was not using from my Shure SE846. Fits the LCDi4 case with accessories and Mojo perfectly. Nevertheless, I still want the leather case.

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #2,350 of 4,791
i believe, whole of it is made of magnesium alloy.
Is it? I thought the back was plastic because whenever I pick it up, the grill feels cool to the touch while the back feels room temp.

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #2,354 of 4,791
Here is something that will get you somewhat close to the low pass filter used to elevate bass:

30Hz: +2dB
60Hz: +2dB
120Hz: +1.5dB
250Hz: +1dB

For the rest of the frequencies, this is roughly the setting I use. But you can use this as a baseline and modify based on your preference:

500Hz: No change
1kHz: No change
2kHz: +7dB
4kHz: +5dB
8kHz: -4dB
16kHz: -3dB

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #2,355 of 4,791
As others have mentioned, the earhooks + rubber tubing help a lot with improving fit. I put extra tubing on mine and filled it with memory wire :)

Too bad Audeze doesn't have a better stock solution...

Anyone have any other tip rolling recommendations? I'm still experimenting with putting foam in the stock tips to help with the occasional crinkling and possibly improve the fit even more

Wow those ear hooks really extend down low. No possible way I can wear my i4 with the hooks that low on my ears. That would also destroy the SQ for my ears.
The way my ear hooks are, they are just riding almost horizontal over the tops of my ears and the aim into the ear canals is just perfect that way. Of course everyone's ears are going to be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back