Audeze LCD i4 TOTL In-Ear Monitor Discussion
Oct 16, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #2,221 of 4,791
Hi,
does anyone here wants to sell his used i4 to me? Maybe at least a few of you guys had luck to order for only $995 and have two pairs of them now ...
I am very frustrated that I’ve missed this B-stock sale and I am very curious how good the i4 are compared to my iSine20.
This deal was so good that it must have felt like a punch in the face for everyone who has paid $2,5k.
Most likely someone who was so unbelievably fortunate to have bot i4 @ $995 is not going to turn around and sell to you at same price.

I4 are substantially better than iSine20 IMHO. I had those and immediately traded them in on i4.

And finally, yes it sucks to see Audeze sell i4 for a huge massive discount under the 2500 I paid for mine. However they sound so incredible and are such a fine product that it's just one of those things where ya just say "Well screw me running. That blows, but on the other hand it's been a done deal and I love these things."

Audeze should mail all of the other customers a rebate check for the difference. Yeah i know, dont hold your breath waiting on that one. Not happening.

Oct 16, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #2,222 of 4,791
I got a second hand LCDi4 that didn't come with a cipher cable. Am I still eligible to get one?

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #2,223 of 4,791
I picked up a b stock earlier this year. When I contacted Audeze about cipher cable they told me I could buy one at reduced price of $60. Gave me a code to enter at checkout for discount. Just contact them and ask about the cable.

Oct 16, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #2,224 of 4,791
Crazy. They have included it for free; yesterday!
See: https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.red...z/lcdi4_christmas_comes_early/#ampf=undefined

And audeze wrote on 7th NOV 2017 here on head-Fi
“THE BEST PART: The Cipher V2 Lightning cable for LCDi4 registered owners, who would like to use it with an iOS device, is FREE! This is our way of saying “Thank You” for being part of the Audeze family. If you already own an LCDi4 and use Apple devices, then just give us a call to get your Cipher V2 cable. This also applies to future purchasers.“

So it should be for free for every lcdi4 buyer.

Oct 16, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #2,225 of 4,791

I asked really, really nicely.

I think their policy is to include the Cipher cable upon request at time of purchase. This way, they can pack everything at the same time and put everything into the same shipping box. If you're doing a separate shipment at a later time, they need to spend the man-hours and cost of picking, packing, and shipping a second time.

Oct 16, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #2,226 of 4,791
I asked really, really nicely.

I think their policy is to include the Cipher cable upon request at time of purchase. This way, they can pack everything at the same time and put everything into the same shipping box. If you're doing a separate shipment at a later time, they need to spend the man-hours and cost of picking, packing, and shipping a second time.

Well, this idea sounds reasonable, and actually resembles what I thought as soon as I purchased the LCDi4 last Sunday. However, when I sent Audeze a request for the Cipher v2, hoping they'll just include mine in the shipment of the LCDi4, I received a response with instructions, which indicated that the cable, although free, needed to be requested and shipped separately... I am attaching a copy of my inquiry and Audeze's response below, for those who might find them useful (I've redacted my personal information on the attachment, for security reasons):

Audeze Customer Support Center Redacted_Page_1.png
Audeze Customer Support Center Redacted_Page_2.png

Oct 17, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #2,227 of 4,791
Does the LCD-i4 have the same exact fit as the isine 20? I like the sound, can't keep a good fit when walking around. They slip out (even with the grooved silicone tips, and the aftermarket foam ones fold inside my ear canal pinching the sound from coming through. I'm about to flip my barely used isine 20 on ebay.

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #2,228 of 4,791
They fit the same. I have an i4 and isine10. Same tips work. If you have trouble with the 20, probably same issue with i4.

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #2,229 of 4,791
In regards to free Cipher cable, Audeze told me because I purchased a B-stock pair I wasn't eligible for a free cable. This was for a B-stock at $1500. I hope they have changed their policy and give them to all the new B-stock purchases.

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #2,230 of 4,791
In regards to free Cipher cable, Audeze told me because I purchased a B-stock pair I wasn't eligible for a free cable. This was for a B-stock at $1500. I hope they have changed their policy and give them to all the new B-stock purchases.

@KMann posted the message below, which seems to imply that owners of the LCDi4 who also own iDevices can request a courtesy Cipher V2 cable for free. He does not mention any policy of "discrimination" against B-Stock buyers, and neither does the message from Audeze customer Service, which I posted above, although I provided them with my B-stock order number. I am hoping therefore, like you, that they will not tell me I am not eligible for the free cable when I actually send in my official request. I shall send in that request as soon as my LCDi4 arrives next week. I am also tagging @KMann in this message, so he can correct my assumption regarding the B-stock owners exception/non-exception if I am wrong.

I We provide Cipher cable V2 for free with LCD-i4 as a convenience. This is not included in the package but iDevice owners can contact support and get one if they need one.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #2,231 of 4,791
Hi, anyone ordered this Monday from the b stock sale shipped yet? I’m worry that I had it shipped to my workplace and audeze in the past had canceled order with address being different from billing.

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #2,232 of 4,791
Hi, anyone ordered this Monday from the b stock sale shipped yet? I’m worry that I had it shipped to my workplace and audeze in the past had canceled order with address being different from billing.

no notifications yet and I dont have any address discrepancies on my end. been checking my emails every few hours looking for a fedex or audeze notification. still nothing

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #2,233 of 4,791
I bought mine on Sunday, and received my shipping notification today, from Fedex.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #2,234 of 4,791
@KMann posted the message below, which seems to imply that owners of the LCDi4 who also own iDevices can request a courtesy Cipher V2 cable for free. He does not mention any policy of "discrimination" against B-Stock buyers, and neither does the message from Audeze customer Service, which I posted above, although I provided them with my B-stock order number. I am hoping therefore, like you, that they will not tell me I am not eligible for the free cable when I actually send in my official request. I shall send in that request as soon as my LCDi4 arrives next week. I am also tagging @KMann in this message, so he can correct my assumption regarding the B-stock owners exception/non-exception if I am wrong.

My comments were with respect to purchase of new LCD-i4 either directly from our site or through an authorized dealer. Our policy may be different for B-stock sales due to the significantly reduced cost and I will have to find out from @Audeze . I try to help with technical questions raised in this community but I am not always up to date on sales and marketing information.

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #2,235 of 4,791
My comments were with respect to purchase of new LCD-i4 either directly from our site or through an authorized dealer. Our policy may be different for B-stock sales due to the significantly reduced cost and I will have to find out from @Audeze . I try to help with technical questions raised in this community but I am not always up to date on sales and marketing information.

Kindly find out and let us know. Also thanks for the prompt response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back