Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Sep 22, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #481 of 6,785
As mentioned before, my favourite headphone, in all its iterations (the AB1266) has 66mm drivers. The Diana Phi has 63mm drivers. Im not worried about the driver size of the LCD-5. I also figure Audeze has likely done certain changes for various reasons, and I'll wait till I hear them before passing judgement.

Sadly, this thread is likely heading towards being locked, at least until units are in peoples hands for proper impressions.

Sep 22, 2021 at 4:53 PM Post #482 of 6,785
Certainly not discontinued! waiting for parts. I have instructed the wordings to be changed on the website..
OMG this was a very needed clarification. I was panicking last night as I actually have been saving up for a while now for (what I thought was going to be) the LCD-4 and now with the 5 I am going to have to decide, but glad we will still have the ability to make that decision!

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #483 of 6,785
OMG this was a very needed clarification. I was panicking last night as I actually have been saving up for a while now for (what I thought was going to be) the LCD-4 and now with the 5 I am going to have to decide, but glad we will still have the ability to make that decision!
Just remember that you can order the LCD-5 and return it if you don't find it to your liking. If you know you like the LCD-4, the used market is definitely a great place to pick them up.

Fortunately Audeze stated that they are going to make more LCD-4s, otherwise, the used market for them would be a hot mess.

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #487 of 6,785
wonder how many go to the Audeze site and see this... " No longer available. Please see the LCD-5 or LCD-4z. " and never come to head-fi to learn that the LCD-4 might not have been ended....

still waiting on someone with the LCD-5 to tell us how it sounds.....

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #488 of 6,785
wonder how many go to the Audeze site and see this... " No longer available. Please see the LCD-5 or LCD-4z. " and never come to head-fi to learn that the LCD-4 might not have been ended....

still waiting on someone with the LCD-5 to tell us how it sounds.....
Yeah, that's supposed to be fixed on the website eventually according to one of the Audeze folks -- hopefully soon for those who aren't privy to the assurances made here.

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #489 of 6,785
I am wondering too if the high price of the LCD-5 will drive more people to order the LCD-4 instead of paying the price of the LCD-5.... Audeze seems to be taking a little gamble if the reviews come in comparing the LCD-4 to the LCD-5 don't go the right direction... can you EQ a LCD-4 to sound like a LCD-5 ??? Maybe the weight reduction will be the deciding factor here...

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #491 of 6,785
I have a question for Audeze. Do you have enough stock of the LCD-5 to meet current demand or are you expecting backlog?
Pretty sure they are expecting backlog like all other manufacturers as well.

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #492 of 6,785
I have a question for Audeze. Do you have enough stock of the LCD-5 to meet current demand or are you expecting backlog?
@Audeze, this is a very interesting question...

Is the LCD-5 also at risk of running out of parts like the LCD-4?

Would you say that that dealers will have orders fulfilled within a couple weeks, or do you anticipate a longer lead time for dealers?

I know answering these questions would require a bit more transparency than most companies tend to provide, but as a customer, I definitely would appreciate any insight you can share. :)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #493 of 6,785
@Audeze, this is a very interesting question...

Is the LCD-5 also at risk of running out of parts like the LCD-4?

Would you say that that dealers will have orders fulfilled within a couple weeks, or do you anticipate a longer lead time for dealers?

I know answering these questions would require a bit more transparency than most companies tend to provide, but as a customer, I definitely would appreciate any insight you can share. :)
No, the wood rings are what causes the most delays, and many of our LCD series that use wooden cups or rings get affected by this from time to time.

Fortunately none of our headphones were harmed in mining bitcoins!

Edit: Regarding LCD-5, parts are not an issue, but these are still hand assembled in the US and we are working hard to meet the demand.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #495 of 6,785

Users who are viewing this thread

Back