Audeze LCD-5 Review, Measurements, Interview
Sep 20, 2021 at 9:53 PM Post #184 of 6,780
Audeze LCD-5 IMG_5932_.jpg

Arrived just now. Capturing the acrylic took a while. I've only just started listening, so it'll be a bit before I can post any impressions. They are surprisingly light for a pair of Audeze headphones though.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #185 of 6,780
Wow, the tuning looks much better than the LCD-4. Looks like they're targeting an HD650-like tuning with the latest releases. Even if it still needs EQ, it should be far easier to EQ with this as a starting point than with something that's 10db down in the upper mids. I've been waiting for flagships with Sennheiser-like tuning. Focal didn't really hit the right notes but who knows, maybe this will. Both this and the Carbon are certainly on the radar.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #186 of 6,780

Arrived just now. Capturing the acrylic took a while. I've only just started listening, so it'll be a bit before I can post any impressions. They are surprisingly light for a pair of Audeze headphones though.
I'm excited for your review! I was hoping they would have had more reviewers with the LCD-5 in hand before the release dropped.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #187 of 6,780
Since this will be my first totl headphone, could some of you recommend a good, low cost amp/dac and/or combo?

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #188 of 6,780
Quality or quantity? That graph shows no elevation at all.
It is not natural for an open back headphone to have a elevated bass. A flat and smooth response through the mids is indicative a linear response of a well behaved driver with tight and well controlled bass. The Harman curve has elevated response partly due to listener preference and also to reflect the bass response of speakers placed in a room.

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #190 of 6,780
Does the LCD-5 only come in the orange tortoiseshell frame? Are there any other options, for instance just a plain black?
Same.

Edit: I guess i'm getting what i'm getting. Still, would have been nice to have options or the ability to interchange/personalize color instead of wanting to bust out the permanent marker.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #192 of 6,780

Eager to hear your thoughts on these vs your Susvara, D8k Pro, and LCD-R. Hopefully these will be another speedy detail monster to add to the collection!

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:17 PM Post #193 of 6,780
Same.

Edit: I guess i'm getting what i'm getting. Still, would have been nice to have options or the ability to interchange/personalize color instead of wanting to bust out the permanent marker.
lol... let me when you decide to sell them. A black marker covered LCD-5 will probably go for cheap.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #194 of 6,780
Same.

Lmao... don't do that crazy stuff. But it will definitely be yours forever. One-of-a-kind.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #195 of 6,780
Since this will be my first totl headphone, could some of you recommend a good, low cost amp/dac and/or combo?
What does “low cost” mean to you? $500, $2000, something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back