Audeze LCD-4
Jun 16, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #9,347 of 11,986
Yes, it's been 6 years since the LCD4. An updated, improved tuning and a weight well below 600 grams would be an instant buy for a lot of people.

Anybody from Audeze reading this? :D

No love for the LCD-4Z, LCD-MX4, or LCD-24, I guess....

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #9,348 of 11,986
Got to be coming, lighterweight and outpacing Abyss/Susvara on all fronts.

I think this is going to be really interesting. Will Audeze move away from their more "signature" warm and thick tuning with the LCD-5? I used to own the LCD4, and it was certainly less warm and thick than the LCD-3, but still along those lines. OR will they try to have their house sound, but with technicalities exceeding the Susvara/Abyss/SR1a? Is that even possible? I suppose we shall see! Exciting times.

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #9,349 of 11,986
I have confidence that Audeze will come across with something amazing if and when an LCD-5 is produced. What I fear is that we will get no more than a refresh along the line of what has been done to the X and XC. I also have less confidence that a 5 will happen soon with Audeze's focus on gaming headphones. Me and my wallet are waiting.

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #9,350 of 11,986
I have confidence that Audeze will come across with something amazing if and when an LCD-5 is produced. What I fear is that we will get no more than a refresh along the line of what has been done to the X and XC. I also have less confidence that a 5 will happen soon with Audeze's focus on gaming headphones. Me and my wallet are waiting.

You never know. I think we might see some interesting releases as things get going again with regards to the covid lockdowns. As trade shows start up again, we might see some new releases.

Jun 16, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #9,351 of 11,986
I think this is going to be really interesting. Will Audeze move away from their more "signature" warm and thick tuning with the LCD-5? I used to own the LCD4, and it was certainly less warm and thick than the LCD-3, but still along those lines. OR will they try to have their house sound, but with technicalities exceeding the Susvara/Abyss/SR1a? Is that even possible? I suppose we shall see! Exciting times.
It seems that with each new release Audeze is slowly approaching a sound signature closer and closer to neutral. The retuned LCD-X and LCD-XC are a good indication of this.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #9,352 of 11,986
I’m giving up on ever getting a chance to even hear, let alone buy Abyss1266 Phi TC.

So moving on, is the LCD4 an easy choice as an only one H/P system ? I moved on my Final D8000 Pro and regretted that ever since. I can get another pair for a great price, much cheaper than a LCD4 or LCD4z.

But I’m unsure if its much better at all than the Audeze.

Jun 19, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #9,353 of 11,986
Anyone using Burson Soloist 3XP with LCD-4 ?
I do note a rapid decline in output mWatts as impedence ascends according to specs...

Jun 19, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #9,354 of 11,986

Yeah, I think if they eventually make another flagship that it would be amazing.

I am listening to the LCD-4 today, breaking in a new set of tubes....I love the bass of the 4....the mids...the upper end LOL.

Jun 19, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #9,355 of 11,986
Heard on the grapevine from my dealer that the LCD-4 is due for an update soon and they weren't getting any more models? Would be interested to see what comes next as Audeze does tend to improve with each iteration.

Jun 22, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #9,356 of 11,986
Just got a pair of Audeze LCD 4 custom made in the Magnesium Cups
DSC06892 EDIT RESIZE.JPG

Jun 22, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #9,359 of 11,986
Just got a pair of Audeze LCD 4 custom made in the Magnesium Cups
DSC06892 EDIT RESIZE.JPG
How does one order the LCD-4 with custom frame?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back