Audeze LCD-4
Jan 24, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #5,356 of 11,986

I recently heard the LCD-4s with an Eddie Current Studio, man its awesome. 

never heard of that amp but it looks seriously impressive.

i must have missed.... why you have TWO lcd-4's???  
L3000.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #5,360 of 11,986
Whatup guys. New LCD-4 owner here. Currently running on WA22 with Mojo as DAC until canjam socal when I can hopefully grab the new Hugo 2. I'll probably end up getting a WA22-SE also eventually cuz I can already tell these things need more juice than my current amp puts out. Plus it looks to fit my current stash of rectifier and driver tubes so win win.

Anyway, definitely don't wanna go back to the to the topic of wood rings, but I have a quick question. Is there any way to safely shine them up? Mine look a little smudged.

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #5,361 of 11,986
Whatup guys. New LCD-4 owner here. Currently running on WA22 with Mojo as DAC until canjam socal when I can hopefully grab the new Hugo 2. I'll probably end up getting a WA22-SE also eventually cuz I can already tell these things need more juice than my current amp puts out. Plus it looks to fit my current stash of rectifier and driver tubes so win win.

Anyway, definitely don't wanna go back to the to the topic of wood rings, but I have a quick question. Is there any way to safely shine them up? Mine look a little smudged.

In the mojo thread somebody came out with a calculator for db-spl/db clicks for mojo. Mojo will drive the LCD-4 to 110db. If you look at the voltage it can put out you'll be surprised.

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #5,364 of 11,986

Mine LCD-3 came with something like this:

I sold them, but kept this thing. I'm using it even on my R10, it gives great shine to the wood caps.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #5,365 of 11,986
In the mojo thread somebody came out with a calculator for db-spl/db clicks for mojo. Mojo will drive the LCD-4 to 110db. If you look at the voltage it can put out you'll be surprised.

Well yeah, I'm sure it can drive them to decent spl levels, but driving them to full potential of sound quality? Probably not dude. What are ya new? :wink:

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #5,366 of 11,986
Mine LCD-3 came with something like this:

I sold them, but kept this thing. I'm using it even on my R10, it gives great shine to the wood caps.

Yeaah I've seen that come with Audezes in older unboxing videos on YouTube. That's what I need, or some equivalent. It's not for sale on the Audeze website though.

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #5,368 of 11,986
Jan 26, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #5,369 of 11,986

Older Audeze as in don't use that on my new ebony LCD-4s?

From what I recall when I asked Audeze after receiving my current LCD-3s and the new headphones didn't include the wood care kit, they changed the way the wood is finished and there was no need for wax. The transition happened a few years ago.

That said, I'm some guy on the internet and they are your beautiful $4k headphones. I'd call Audeze and ask specifically about your LCD-4s.

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #5,370 of 11,986
From what I recall when I asked Audeze after receiving my current LCD-3s and the new headphones didn't include the wood care kit, they changed the way the wood is finished and there was no need for wax. The transition happened a few years ago.

That said, I'm some guy on the internet and they are your beautiful $4k headphones. I'd call Audeze and ask specifically about your LCD-4s.

Roger that, yeah I'll just call customer service and see what's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back