Audeze LCD-4
Jan 13, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #5,281 of 11,986
  We actually saved it on a RAID5 system. Unfortunately, two drives died at the same time. 

Now that's just plain bad luck. You guys seems to have had a rash of it, did you ever catch the thief who stole all those headphones from you?

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #5,282 of 11,986
I recently bought another pair of Cocobola Wood LCD-4's this time they were 200 ohm versions, after listening to both versions for a while I prefer the original 100ohm version. Long may it last. They make a good pairing with the Utopia - totally different sounds both excellent in their own ways.

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #5,283 of 11,986
I don't understand why Audeze has to discontinue the Cocobolo wood rings while there is a higher demand for it than the macassar ebony. Their website is very misleading too with all the LCD-4 pictures in Cocobolo wood. I was very disappointed when received mine earlier this week in the walnut color. So, Audeze, PLEASE post the appropriate picture of the only type of wood ring you're offering now, and STOP advertising what you don't carry anymore.

Jan 14, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #5,284 of 11,986
I don't understand why Audeze has to discontinue the Cocobolo wood rings while there is a higher demand for it than the macassar ebony. Their website is very misleading too with all the LCD-4 pictures in Cocobolo wood. I was very disappointed when received mine earlier this week in the walnut color. So, Audeze, PLEASE post the appropriate picture of the only type of wood ring you're offering now, and STOP advertising what you don't carry anymore.

Ccocobolo wood is endangered now I believe. Please post a picture of your LCD-4's wood rings.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #5,285 of 11,986
They should do a version of LCD-4 with marbled ebony wood, like this:

Also, with black grills and "Audeze LCD-4" in gold, like in the LCD-3.
And black connectors, like LCD-2 and the current batch of LCD-X.

Would buy for looks only.

PS: And after that, will buy this Plussound cable:

But, with this Furutech 4 pin XLR, rhodium plated connector:

Wouldn't be awesome? 
beerchug.gif

Jan 14, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #5,287 of 11,986
  I recently bought another pair of Cocobola Wood LCD-4's this time they were 200 ohm versions, after listening to both versions for a while I prefer the original 100ohm version. Long may it last. They make a good pairing with the Utopia - totally different sounds both excellent in their own ways.

I completely agree,the 2 HP's make a great combo for those able to afford both because they are so different......the only downside is they are both so incredibly good that it is impossible to stick with one for long without switching to the other....although if forced to choose i would have to pick the LCD-4's

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #5,290 of 11,986
The front half of mine looks brown like that. But the rear half are pale yellow as in picture :frowning2: . This is like day and night different than the awesome red pictured on their website. That is why I respectfully request Audeze to please remove the advertising picture of something they don't offer anymore. VERY MISLEADING!

Is that some kind of photoshop trick? This is what the current ebony looks like

Jan 14, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #5,291 of 11,986
The front half of mine looks brown like that. But the rear half are pale yellow as in picture :frowning2: . This is like day and night different than the awesome red pictured on their website. That is why I respectfully request Audeze to please remove the advertising picture of something they don't offer anymore. VERY MISLEADING!

Would you have been happier if they were at least like mine all the way around? Yours are certainly odd!! Agree with your sentiment though although I am not unhappy with mine.

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #5,292 of 11,986
Would you have been happier if they were at least like mine all the way around? Yours are certainly odd!! Agree with your sentiment though although I am not unhappy with mine.

I don't think it's worth the hassle to return it for not having a uniform color throughout the whole ring. However, I'm not very satisfied for this $4,000 package either. Sound quality wise, I will have to properly break-in before comparing it against the Utopia or critiquing on its performance.

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #5,293 of 11,986
Is that some kind of photoshop trick? This is what the current ebony looks like

My first pair of LCD4 Ebonies with 100 ohm drivers looked like this:

Unfortunately they had to be returned due to a defect, and the pair I got back (with 200 ohm drivers) looked like this: 

I love the looks of the second set so much better, and the new 200 ohm drivers sound so much better to my ears than the originals, which I found had too much of a dip in the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back