Audeze LCD-4
Jan 8, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #5,266 of 11,986
I have my pair of LCD 4 up for sale now if anyone is interested. I absolutely love the sound, but I just want to move to something more comfortable like the Utopia.

I have both the LCD-4 and the Utopia....the LCD-4 is better,heavier yes but better IMHO

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #5,270 of 11,986
Someone try the Lcd4 with an otl?
I play Lcd4 with a Viva Egoista, and try it with a Megahertz otl with 2x5998, it's wonderful!
200 ohm is great match with an otl.

what is OTL?

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #5,273 of 11,986
It's funny how different all of our listening habits are.
I have an old eames chair that I adore, right next to my schiit stack which is where I exclusively listen to music. That chair is an integral part of my listening expirence. It very well may be that laid back, reclined posture that has led me to never notice the weight of my LCD's.

Jan 13, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #5,276 of 11,986
Just bought my LCD-4 (in the UK) and emailed Audeze for the frequency chart. Audeze had a hard disc crash and lost a bunch of frequency response charts, including the one for my LCD-4. I can't believe they didn't have a back-up?! Now I will never know how mine charted compared to others.

Coming from what many regard as the golden batch of LCD-3s (The very first ones to have serial number starting 261 just after the veiled batch, made in the summer of 2012), which have served me so well (no driver failures, leather pads in perfect condition etc), I am blown away by the improvements with the LCD-4.

I will be sad to sell my LCD-3C as they have given me such good service. Although I love how the LCD-4 sounds, and how much in common they have with the LCD-3, I guess it's like a baby and it's favorite blanket as I just feel so at home with their sound. And at least I have the chart for those ones!

Jan 13, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #5,279 of 11,986
Just purchased a second-hand pair from a member on here who has contributed to this thread, should be getting them in tomorrow, I'm very excited to see how they sound. Have nothing like a proper chain to drive them quite yet, that's the next project. Will start with the cheaper parts, then progress to the amp. I'm coming from a pair of HD700s that, while somewhat fun and definitely detailed...sort of steal the fun for me. I heard a pair of LCD3Fs out of a Ray Samuels Intruder (balanced of course) last week, and have also heard a newer pair of LCD-Xs out of the Bryston amp. Imaginging that the 4 is the best of both added together seems impossibly good, can't wait to get them on my head. My Mojo will have to do for now, I think next step is possibly an Intruder for portable use and then a full-size amp, maybe someday a higher-end DAC. Will look at picking up a Schiit Wyrd and some decent USB cables for transport from my Mac Pro first.

Side note - I can't describe how much I love the look of the Cocobolo, it's gorgeous. Mine will be ebony, and while I like the way that looks as well, I wish I could somehow swap woods with someone. That Cocobolo is exactly the right color and grain. Too bad we've seen all we're going to see of it.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #5,280 of 11,986
  Just bought my LCD-4 (in the UK) and emailed Audeze for the frequency chart. Audeze had a hard disc crash and lost a bunch of frequency response charts, including the one for my LCD-4. I can't believe they didn't have a back-up?! Now I will never know how mine charted compared to others.

We actually saved it on a RAID5 system. Unfortunately, two drives died at the same time. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back