Audeze LCD-4
Jan 4, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #2,147 of 11,957
   LVCC South Hall #20312 near the end of the ramp.

Thanks, I will check out the LCD4 definitely.  By the way, do you know if Chord Electronic has the LCD4 also.  I wanted to hear the DAVE/LCD4 combo and kill two birds in one demo.

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:01 AM Post #2,149 of 11,957
  I want to thank everyone (including @Audeze) for your impressions of the referenced TOTL headphones.  I am learning more from this thread all the time.

I fully understand that HP impressions are personal and depend on many aspects like music genre, source quality, volume, surrounding environment, emotional state of the listener, and etc.

Oh how often this gets overlooked....

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #2,152 of 11,957
Adorama has them for $200: http://www.adorama.com/l/?Page=2&sel=Brand_AUDEZE

Nope, called them and not in stock yet, and don't know when. I'm willing to try one despite some reports that it still has issues with "hot spotting" but it appears Audeze has not released stock yet.

Jan 8, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #2,154 of 11,957
  Thanks, I will check out the LCD4 definitely.  By the way, do you know if Chord Electronic has the LCD4 also.  I wanted to hear the DAVE/LCD4 combo and kill two birds in one demo.

I heard the DAVE/LCD4 combo and it is spectacular.  Nick from Bluebird also found me some good Nick Cave tracks in both 16 and 24 bit (from same master) for comparison (something I've wanted to do for a long time and haven't been able to do until now - and I was surprised to hear the difference in a blind test).  It's euphonic, amazing sound the combo delivers.  

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #2,155 of 11,957
I received my LCD4's about a week ago and it looks like I already have a driver failure in my right channel.  I know it's the phones because my HD800's are fine.  This is troubling given the prior issues noted on this site.  I know I can send them out and get them repaired under warranty but I only have a couple of weeks in which to potentially return them for a refund.  I am not really prepared to spend this kind of money, no matter how good they sound, and then have to deal with the potential for repeated warranty repairs. 

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:37 AM Post #2,156 of 11,957
I received my LCD4's about a week ago and it looks like I already have a driver failure in my right channel.  I know it's the phones because my HD800's are fine.  This is troubling given the prior issues noted on this site.  I know I can send them out and get them repaired under warranty but I only have a couple of weeks in which to potentially return them for a refund.  I am not really prepared to spend this kind of money, no matter how good they sound, and then have to deal with the potential for repeated warranty repairs. 
wow

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #2,157 of 11,957

Let's hope it's an unlucky lemon and not an LCD-3 deal all over again... 
popcorn.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #2,158 of 11,957
Let's hope it's an unlucky lemon and not an LCD-3 deal all over again... :popcorn:

Well it's the second reported here at Head-Fi.

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #2,159 of 11,957
Well it's the second reported here at Head-Fi.

Sh-ite.

To tell the truth, after following the LCD-3 Failure Thread for ages and only getting a somewhat "crowd sourced" explanation as to why it was happening, I gave up on upgrading to the LCD-3s from my workhorse LCD-2.2s. The best headphones you have is the ones plugged into your amp. Not the one inside a plastic container bound for Audeze RMA Department.

Not getting an official response from Audeze on that one really dropped my confidence in their Tier 1 level 'phones. To see it continuing here is more disheartening than the price hike from $1600 to $4000 on their flagship.

rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #2,160 of 11,957
  Hi - could someone whose owns the LCD-4 and who has also owned the more recent LCD 2 and or 3 models confirm that the Carbon Fiber Suspension Headband is more comfortable. Does the carbon fiber suspension piece actually aid in comfort or distribution of weight? Thanks

It's my first day wearing the headband (so it hasn't had much opportunity to stretch), and the heather strap is already in contact with the carbon fiber.  I can definitely imagine a hot spot forming with ANY stretching of the leather band.  Not sure why they wouldn't just make the leather band a half an inch shorter.

It's really funny to read these posts after I hopped back a few pages to get some more dets on these. This is EXACTLY what I was wondering about. Seems my "hmmmmmmm~" wasn't off the mark.

The posts talking about how it's much better the new style headband was have always made me wonder how it was possible. Now finding it's available as a spare for $200USD made me wonder even more. Maybe I'd like one?

See I'm actually not a hater of the current headband, I had my LCD-2.2s on last night for 3 hours, no problem. But sure I'd be happy to find something even more comfortable than the Vegan pads and headband I've got. I just don't see how the flat piece of thick, soft leather against the carbon fibre strip is going to be better than thin leather wrapped foam, with a metal band in it. What I do think, is that that guy selling leather suspension setups in the For Sale forums isn't going to need to worry about being out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back