Audeze LCD-4
Sep 29, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #151 of 11,986
  The majority of the MRI machines in this country is at 1.5 Tesla.  The highest or strongest is 3.0 Tesla approved by FDA.  As headphones started to increase their magnitude, I wonder if designer of headphone ever consult any physicist/radiologist about any possible effect these magnitude may have on our brain.

Maybe that's the secret behind why we're all willing to keep paying with these absurd price increases. Plot thickens!

Sep 29, 2015 at 9:59 PM Post #152 of 11,986
Sep 29, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #153 of 11,986
For those worried about the trend in high-end headphones becoming the latest trend - first of all, I don't see it, but second of all - remember that you must push all boundries in order to make great acheivements. Notice that the LCD-4 is using Fluxor magnet arrays, which is unlike any other LCD series can. Eventually, this could mean introduction to the rest of the LCD series, pushing performance and sensitivity even higher. You'll see the benefits one day :).

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #154 of 11,986
  For those worried about the trend in high-end headphones becoming the latest trend - first of all, I don't see it, but second of all - remember that you must push all boundries in order to make great acheivements. Notice that the LCD-4 is using Fluxor magnet arrays, which is unlike any other LCD series can. Eventually, this could mean introduction to the rest of the LCD series, pushing performance and sensitivity even higher. You'll see the benefits one day :).

Agree.  It's a test of their new technology.  Hope it works out for Audez'e, and for us.
Seems similar to the Schiit Audio upgrade of the Gungnir DAC to the technology used in the Yggr.  That was a "win" for the original Gungnir owners.

Prost -

Sep 29, 2015 at 10:04 PM Post #156 of 11,986
  To anyone who's interested, I calculated the power requirements for the LCD-4.

Extremely easy to drive!

I would hope it'd be easy to drive when it costs more than a used car. :p

Sep 29, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #161 of 11,986
  Jalo, The magnetic structure in LCD4 is self-closing. Also the Fluxor magnets are directional. I.e. the Flux density is stronger on one side compared to the other.  So the flux density of 1.5T is in between the magnets and almost nothing outside. 

Thank you for explaining this, I couldn't word it correctly.

+1

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #163 of 11,986

I have a hard time imagining the LCD-4 beating the LCD-3 in the ways the LCD-3 is said to beat the LCD-2.  That is, having mostly the same tonal balance but being better in every way.

Thanks, that helped a little 
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #165 of 11,986
Jalo, The magnetic structure in LCD4 is self-closing. Also the Fluxor magnets are directional. I.e. the Flux density is stronger on one side compared to the other.  So the flux density of 1.5T is in between the magnets and almost nothing outside. 

That is good to know. If a pencil falls to the ground that is one gravitation force. 1.5 tesla is like 15,000 times the speed of one gravitational force, that is faster than a bullet. At 1.5 to 3.0 tesla, one can literally see the oxygen molecules in the neurons of our brain on a MRI image. I have seen that many times on a diffuse tensor protocol. As long as the magnetic force happens between the neodymium magnets and no leakage, I guess that is alright. I salute you for pushing the technology envelope as long as it is safe and makes beautiful music, the price is worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back