1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-4

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by matias, Sep 28, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514
516 517 518 519 520 521
Next

Last
  1. jlbrach

interesting review

2. 801evan
    I've been a bit neurotic if my cup placement is correct on my ears so I tried to find the sweet spot. It takes 4 clicks for my ear to touch from the top to touch the bottom of the ear cup. Sadly it's an even number so I opted for two clicks from the bottom.

3. donato
    metal571 is one of the few reviewers I've found who's tastes align well with mine, so for me, he's a great source for reviews.

metal571 likes this.
  4. Icenine2
    Is there some big change coming for these? I see they are on sale $1000 off at HeadAmp?

5. Icenine2
    I must be out of the loop. I see these on Forum for sale going for around $2K. Reason I'm interested is I'm looking to upgrade from original LCD-2's. Meze seems to be the flavor of the day at this point but I have no clue.

6. Icenine2
    Pass on the Meze. Too many for sale too soon. I'm being tempted to buy one of these used LCD-4's. I'd like the 4z's but at these prices I could live with it.

7. 801evan
    Headamp is an open box unit. Sealed is still retail price.

I'd pass on the Meze. LCD 4 is more resolving.

8. Icenine2
    Thanks

9. mixman
    Yeah if I didn’t buy my Verite, I would be strongly considering that used 4 pair for $2K, even though I would prefer a 4z. From my time watching the used section I have never seen such cheap Audeze used prices. There is a good condition 2018 LCD X used for $650. Never seen them that low either. I guess it reflects the heavy competition from all sides on Audeze from Meze, Hifiman and ZMF, among others.

10. Icenine2
    Nice Axe

11. jlbrach
    LCD-4 is a marvelous HP....far more detailed than people give credit for with the best bass available....simply a terrific HP

leftside likes this.
  12. mixman
    Thanks. If I keep hanging around these forums I might just end up selling that PRS to pay for some crazy headgear I will just have to have.

Yeah just as I mentioned among the cans I have heard so far no other does bass as well as the 4. That’s it’s “thing”. Throw in lots of detail and yes you have a really good headphone.

13. RCBinTN
    I bought the list-price new LCD-4 from Audez'e to get the full warranty. Too many driver failures on planar magnetic headphones.
    Just my modus operandi on the high-end gear :)

14. jlbrach
    I understand the desire to have peace of mind but Audeze has the best customer service by far of all of the HP manufacturers and if you buy a used Audeze HP with warranty remaining they will take care of any problems....it is one of the reasons i have been a loyal Audeze fan

15. RCBinTN
    I think the details presented by the LCD-4 approach the HD800, no small feat there! Every time I listen to them, I'm blown away by the bass, perfect staging, and music resolution.

Yep, I agree. Their warranty, I think, is seven years ... substantial.

First

Back
505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514
516 517 518 519 520 521
Next

Last