1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-4

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by matias, Sep 28, 2015.
Tags:
First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
Next

Last
  1. bigfatpaulie

You are making an assumption that Audeze explicitly says is NOT the case.  We don't know that the diaphragm itself is even the issue and I personally have not seen official word from Audeze what is the true cause of the failures.  For all we know, it could be the connections to the diaphragm or any number of other things.

2. groovyd

actually they have posted that they had quality issues with their diaphragm material supplier and have addressed those issues to procure a better material.

3. bigfatpaulie

Yes, they did do that.  They said that they had switched suppliers for said diaphragms - twice, if I recall correctly - but here we are with yet another diaphragm change.  And this time it isn't even to make them more reliable, just sound better.

4. moopster
    I have been enjoying my LCD-4 headphones nearly every day since they arrived last November. I can happily report that these are no ordinary headphones. They are very un-headphone-like in their ability to transport the listener into the music. The experience is more like walking into a concert hall or jazz club or recording studio than I've ever heard from headphones. Instruments and voices sound exceptionally alive and real. The improvements over the rest of the Audeze line are dramatic, not subtle, and are immediately apparent.  

To those sitting on the fence, waiting to get an LCD-4, I say this: You are making a mistake. You are missing out on a singular musical experience. This product is backed by a solid three-year warranty which even includes free upgrades, so do not be deterred by a few anecdotal reports of failures. These headphones give tremendous listening pleasure. The LCD-4 is expensive, exceptional, and entirely worth the cost, even for this poor boy.

jodgey4 and Gyp64 like this.
  5. Audeze
    The website will be updated shortly. We will work with the dealers to have advance units, so they can expedite it to their customers. We have shipped several hundred units of LCD4 without any problem. Yes, some units have had issues. The LCD4 uses several new techniques and as we do more of these, we are constantly improving the process. This is why we thought it would be fair to offer free upgrades to customers who trusted us initially. If the product improves we want them to get the benefit. 

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
  6. bmichels

Heard them and liked them a lot, so I would have bought them already if...there were not so heavy.  

Last year I sold my LCD-X because I could not bear their weight for more than 1 hour....

7. potkettleblack

Hahha it's just anecdotal reports! Call off the search fellas! These things make you feel like you're in a jazz club!

*puts on horse blinkers*

bigfatpaulie likes this.
  8. bigfatpaulie

I'm sorry, I won't make any friends with this post - But this is ridiculous.  

So what you are saying is that a product that was announced in October - five months ago - is already undergoing an update?  And we are supposed to be so happy that you are updating it for 'free'??  After 5 months, that's a patch, not an upgrade.  What's fair is selling a fully-baked product for $4000, not rushing it out then patching (upgrading, tweaking, whatever you want to call it) it after the fact - this isn't software.  These are high end, luxury products - do your R&D and QC before taking people's money.  If you have too, do a beta.  Now all of your customers have to pack up their new headphones and ship them back to you - that's a pain and a customer disservice.

And there are 'hundreds' of them?  But there was an official statement from Audeze that said:

"We call the LCD-4 limited production because they’re very difficult to manufacture. For example, each diaphragm actually takes a full two weeks to make! There’s no way we can put together even 20 units per month so it is possible that there could be some delay to deliveries."

That's 20 units a month, at 5 months, that's 100 units.  But there can't even be 20 units a month (as you said), so that's less than 100 LCD4's: not HUNDREDS.  So I guess the 4's aren't NEARLY as limited as we would have been lead us to believe.

So were you lying then, or are you lying now? 

Gimme a break and please stop proving my point - just be honest with your customers.

9. swspiers

Deleted (by me)

10. bfreedma
    The drama level here is getting absurd.

It isn't unusual for early adopters to have issues. That's one of the reasons I'm waiting before considering a purchase of the LCD4s. It would be nice if that wasn't the case, but it is.

Anyone not prepared to deal with the risks of the LCD4 should avoid them for now and see if things stabilize. Some of the accusations being made are ridiculous as Audeze realizes no financial or reputational benefits by releasing headphones with known issues.

johnzz4 and Gyp64 like this.
  11. oleWhiskey

Again

http://www.hulu.com/watch/3526

12. rgs9200m
    Yep, I fully agree and second every word. As I sit here listening to them for the last few hours, I'm just amazed. 6 weeks going strong still...

13. potkettleblack
    Noooooooo not you too bfreedma!!

image.jpg

bigfatpaulie likes this.
  14. sensui123
    I've been an audeze fan for years owning all of their previous offerings..sold them all and ordered the lcd4.......think that was a premature decision, going to try to cancel and put the money toward sr009 if possible for now. I'm not convinced audeze can provide a finalized product at this time.

comzee and bigfatpaulie like this.
  15. Articnoise
    3 years warranty and free upgrade is good and all. Then what happens if all the shipping and repairs cost gets too much for Audeze and they bankruptcy. I mean it must dig a hole in even the biggest pockets to do all this upgrades on the 4 and repairs on the LCD3. Yes bankruptcy can happen to all companies, but with Audeze I think the necessity to use the warranty one day is much higher. I have never had to use the warranty on any other hifi gear in my more than 25 years in this hobby. Am on my second with Audeze now.

I am sure not one of those that want Audeze to go under and I love the tonality of my LCD 3F. If it wasn’t for the continuous report of driver problem also on the new LCD 4 I would have at least tried it. Seems like a perfect SQ match to me. Tonality of the LCD 3F and with better technicality.

Btw I shipped my broken LCD 3F to my dealer in December still haven’t got it back yet. 

First

Back
150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
Next

Last