Audeze LCD-4
Sep 30, 2015 at 10:05 AM Post #181 of 11,986
  So in a rather funny turn of events...

Audeze: New LCD-4 now with more wow! Many music! Such dollar! Wow! *shibe*

Me: *swig* Whatever I'll give it a shot, *burp* [clicks Buy Now].

Audeze: NOPE! *trollface* The checkout process is down, whether you use Audeze's cart or Paypal. Tried with multiple browsers at multiple times. They simply won't take money in exchange for products.

Me: [sobers up] Oh well! Guess it wasn't meant to be.

HAHAH

Sep 30, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #182 of 11,986
I actually believe the Stax 009 was the most momentous technological leap and historic change in sound performance that I ever heard that even justified its original intro price. It was truly different and still is.
To me it was not an incremental leap, even from previous Staxes, but a major breakthrough into reality-sound. I think it still stands alone in this regard.
Of course, it does have a particular sound, and other phones have more bass quantity and depth, but not in bass quality as I hear it.  All just my opinion of course. (And this just with a  Mjolnir KG amp.) 
Let's see if the new Audeze qualifies here too.
Just to be clear, I love LCD3F and 3C just for what they are.

Sep 30, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #184 of 11,986
That was fast..
confused_face_2.gif
. someone (adzent) already posted a review of the LCD4: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-4/reviews/14122

well it should be reviewed among higher end headphones than the el8

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #186 of 11,986
No way i will spend so much money on Headphones. Maybe if i would win a huge amount of money, lol.
I don't have any doubts they are great Hp for sure, but with this pricing i'll have to pass.

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #187 of 11,986
That was fast..
confused_face_2.gif
. someone (adzent) already posted a review of the LCD4: http://www.head-fi.org/products/audeze-lcd-4/reviews/14122

I think he reviewed a secret "LC-4" edition 
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #189 of 11,986
i think someone should open a website for audiophiles that allows only new coming companies that can challenge themselves and come up with great products and be at least decently priced as some of the prices we see here can be a slam in our face 

i am sure some new coming companies would adopt that philosophy of big dales with lower profit margins and on that site no prices higher than 700 usd are allowed

this is by far the most expensive hobby ever

by all means I am not attacking any company and all companies are free to charge whatsoever but i am sure this phase will go away in the future as I am sure more consumers will buy high end products and competition will increase and prices must go down

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #190 of 11,986
I don't see how the fact that you (and many others) can not afford a particular headphone is a "slam in the face" or any kind of insult at all. To be sure, I don't like the trend of rising prices. However, I've never heard a car enthusiast say they are giving up a particular brand because they can't afford the top model. 

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #191 of 11,986
  Guess what? You can now buy one on the Audeze website. 

Who's daring enough to buy sound unheard? Heck, I'm thinking about it but man that's a lot of dough. 

Plus, for me in California, the sales tax!..
angry_face.gif

I tried to buy one. I spent 3 hours last night and an hour this morning trying all different browsers and their checkout process (both Paypal and their cart) was down. I notified them on Twitter, and they eventually said they fixed it, so I completed my order finally using Paypal checkout and a card+address that I've used for many other transactions. A few minutes later, I get an email from their head of sales saying that my shipping and billing address don't match and that their credit card processor turned down the transaction, which is totally wrong since the Paypal transaction definitely went through, my bank confirmed it, and I only gave 1 address (which matches my billing info character for character). They said I have to provide photo ID and copies of my credit card, etc. The Paypal transaction says it's "Unclaimed" by Audeze, so I think their checkout system just isn't working still. I replied to their head of sales saying to just cancel my order as I don't have any more time to spend on overpaying for a headphone. It's 2015, and this was probably the worst experience I've had attempting to exchange money for a product.

The spontaneity and excitement of the purchase is gone now, or would be if I hadn't requested to cancel. Definitely nowhere close to a $4,000 retail experience. 

Edit: Their email blast just went out announcing the opening of orders for the LCD-4. Good luck to anyone who attempts to order one, at least using Paypal. You might have to try very, very hard to pay $4,000 for a headphone.

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #192 of 11,986
I've just contacted Audeze for specification on LCD-4's weight.

Audeze:
"Thank you for contacting us! The new LCD-4 weighs approx. 1.5 lbs."

Not sure how long I can last with that much weight on my head.

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #193 of 11,986
  I've just contacted Audeze for specification on LCD-4's weight.

Audeze:
"Thank you for contacting us! The new LCD-4 weighs approx. 1.5 lbs."

Not sure how long I can last with that much weight on my head.

The suspension headband ought to help a lot.  

Sep 30, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #194 of 11,986
$4000!! Did they just think that just cos it's LCD-4, 4=4000! That's a stax-007 powered territory!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back